English Domestic Cricket

Who is your county team?

• Total voters

MUFC1987

Panel of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
I don't get why they still have that 2 runs rule for no balls, seems a bit harsh to me.

MUFC1987

Panel of Selectors
I'd assume it can only be injury. Hopefully not too serious, as he should be our third seamer all season really, in the first class games. Huge potential.

Apparently Trego was getting it down there quicker than normal though in his absence, he's the kind of bloke that we need fired up when the ball's in his hand.

Sureshot

Executive member
Duck for Strauss this morning, bowled by Onions. Though others struggling as well. Bit of a wet start to this round of matches!

puddleduck

Chairman of Selectors
Yeah clearly not easy since they're 54-4, but a 2-ball duck for a man who is supposed to open the batting for England in tough conditions doesn't really bode well :p

Sureshot

Executive member
Onions got him for next to nothing in the 2nd as well. Not good.

Compton on the other hand, another double ton, he's got ~900 runs in 5 matches this season...mind you, he did get 236 against Cardiff Uni. Don't see him replacing Strauss in any case for this season, though.

puddleduck

Chairman of Selectors
Heh no, yeah he got a few second dig having already been dropped on 0. Essentially, he wasn't far off a pair. He really needs some runs, by which I mean something with 3 digits in it.

Sureshot

Executive member
I really want to see Onions get another chance, but don't see it happening without an injury to Anderson and one of Finn/Tremlett.

MUFC1987

Panel of Selectors
Not even I'm optimistic enough to think that Compton is going to get anywhere near the England side, he's been vital to Somerset though this year, the fact he's willing to take his time to play himself in has been the key.

Our Physio room seems to be getting busy, with not only Trescothick, but Kirby, Dibble and Hussain in there, with Philander hanging about too. God knows if we actually have any pace bowlers to turn too for our next Championship game.

Aditya

ICC Board Member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Being a big fan of English domestic, it's a pity that it's not shown on tv in India. Star cricket does broadcast a few matches but very rarely. Does Sky Sport broadcast the matches on regular basis or very rarely too? There are a couple of matches going on at the moment, are you guys following it on cricinfo or is it actually being shown on tv?

swacker

Chairman of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Division one looks strong this year with the promotion of both London counties Surrey and Middlesex last year. Will Lancs struggle to repeat their heroics of last season? In all likelihood yes. They have signed Ashwell Prince as there overseas player which may bolster the always potentially fragile batting line up although it didn?t do much good against Sussex. At some point in the summer I think Old Trafford will become available again for 4 day games.

Ollie_H

Chairman of Selectors
Does Sky Sport broadcast the matches on regular basis or very rarely too? There are a couple of matches going on at the moment, are you guys following it on cricinfo or is it actually being shown on tv?

Sky only show two Championship games a year and usually (when there in the same division) it's Lancashire vs. Yorkshire and one of the games at the end of the season.

Sureshot

Executive member
Bell gets a duck at Hove, can't imagine batting is that easy though, delayed start, very wet couple of days and there's a breeze about. Bopara hit a ton the other day, I see. Morgan is completely out of the picture for England this season imo, more interested in the IPL than getting his place back.

Users who are viewing this thread