English Football Thread 2013/14

Who will win the Premiership?

• Total voters
So, Villa Park is still Mourinho kryptonite. And with 3 games in hand for City, the title race is blown right back open.

We were never really shut out because of our games in hand and a superior GD to Chelsea.

I hope Hodgson took note of the 4-4-2 diamond Liverpool played today - that is exactly how he should lining up England in the future.

Thanks for that United, might cry myself to sleep today.

I still think 5th is realistic for us. Despite how crap Utd are would be an amazing achievement to finish above them (thanks David).

I still think 5th is realistic for us. Despite how crap Utd are would be an amazing achievement to finish above them (thanks David).

Everton fan?

How well did Jordan Henderson play today? Just keeps running and running that lad.

Think it might be good for ENG if Liverpool win the title. 7 british, 6 English players starting today, playing a formation that would suit the national team.

With no EURO football to worry about & just 9 games to go - Pool could certainly capitalize on Chelsea exerting themselves in Europe & probably dropping games in the league like they did yesterday. Also Arsenal's injury woes to key players.

Last edited:
I would hate it if liverpool got no.19. One more after that and we're same again.:(

How well did Jordan Henderson play today? Just keeps running and running that lad.

Ye Graeme Souness saying on skysports now that he would give Henderson MOM for his tireless running and pressing.

5th is definitely going to be a great fight between Spurs and Everton.
According to the sheet I had made, Spurs are piping Everton to 5th spot, however, I haven't followed them closely, so you guys might have a better idea about your chances in the upcoming games.
English Premier League 13-14 Predictions

It's funny how Moyes could never find a way to win at OT, neither with Everton, nor with Man Utd. :p

----------

Henderson's playing the Kuyt role, always running, ever-present, and a hard worker. He's not the most naturally gifted like the likes of Coutinho, but he makes it up with his hard work and dedication.

It all depends on how Man City finish the season. They still have to play Liverpool, Everton, Arsenal and Man Utd away. If they can win those games then they deserve to be champions.

Users who are viewing this thread