English Football Thread 2013/14

Who will win the Premiership?

• Total voters

ParkedTheBus

International Coach
Profile Flag
Australia
Not really, Di Matteo is not in charge of any club so he continues to get his compensation. It was the same with AVB but his compensation was terminated once he joined spurs. Likewise when he was sacked from spurs and later joined Zenit.

If David moyes finds another job (if his luck stops frowning upon him) his original 6 year contract with Man Utd will be terminated. As for as the clauses go, they're a mess, I'm not aware if there's one that states he will receive compensation whether he gets sacked or joins another club.

Last I've heard adebayor is still getting paid by man city.

Yep , Ade earns 40K from City every week. And I have not heard of the "till you get a job" clause. Where did you read about it ?

ParkedTheBus

International Coach
Profile Flag
Australia
Congrats Burnley !

Burnley have joined my favorite championship club , Leicester in promotion. We will see Burnley , Leicester and one more club , most likely QPR , in the EPL next season.

Epic

Panel of Selectors
Not really, Di Matteo is not in charge of any club so he continues to get his compensation. It was the same with AVB but his compensation was terminated once he joined spurs. Likewise when he was sacked from spurs and later joined Zenit.

If David moyes finds another job (if his luck stops frowning upon him) his original 6 year contract with Man Utd will be terminated. As for as the clauses go, they're a mess, I'm not aware if there's one that states he will receive compensation whether he gets sacked or joins another club.

Last I've heard adebayor is still getting paid by man city.

What we have with Adebayor is a payoff, for leaving and taking the Spurs offer, it's just we prefer to pay it in installments, that ends this summer though.

ParkedTheBus

International Coach
Profile Flag
Australia
Tip : Don't trust everything the British media says. They said Aguero to Chelsea confirmed deal for ? 35M. Same with Cavani for 50 odd, Falcao for 40 and Neymar for 28. van Gaal wouldn't be too bad an option. He'll steady the ship and get a couple of players in. Not the perfect long-term option , though IMHO. But who knows what's going to happen ? Moyesy might stay long enough to win the EPL =P

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
Online Cricket Games Owned
Tip : Don't trust everything the British media says. They said Aguero to Chelsea confirmed deal for ? 35M. Same with Cavani for 50 odd, Falcao for 40 and Neymar for 28. van Gaal wouldn't be too bad an option. He'll steady the ship and get a couple of players in. Not the perfect long-term option , though IMHO. But who knows what's going to happen ? Moyesy might stay long enough to win the EPL =P

Counter tip - when Sky Sports break something this big, they're not usually wrong.

I'm afraid I've lost patience with Moyes - I've backed him for most of the season but here we are in April and we're what - seventh and being comfortably outplayed by the likes of Everton (no offence Toffees Fans)! I refuse to believe that a squad who won the Premiership at a canter just last year could suddenly forget how to play football. Moyes has had his shot - he's not good enough at this level and has to go. Sorry.

Champagnepapi

ICC Board Member
Kings XI
Profile Flag
Canada

And plus do you think United owners will just watch and take no action what so ever? Very unlikely.

Skater

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Burnley have joined my favorite championship club , Leicester in promotion. We will see Burnley , Leicester and one more club , most likely QPR , in the EPL next season.

Nothing is 'most likely'. QPR haven't been playing particularly well recently. Who knows will come through the play-offs? Who would have backed Palace last season?

Epic

Panel of Selectors
BlxIwZwCcAA8T27.png

:lol

----------

Over to you now Chelsea, do it for the Blues! ;)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread