English Premier League VIII | Round 13

Status
Not open for further replies.
*sighs away from the thread*

A secret source said - not in a condition to comment, players are heartbroken.

Aussie_Team - OWES 7 Mill
Jono Choie - Receives 19.8 Mill
Bilal - Receives 1.8 Mill

I think that's about right.

Jono Choie = Chewie?
Bilal = BKB?

Just wanna make sure :P

At the end of it all 1.8M doesnt sound much :p
Yea you got the names right btw.

Congratz Chewie, I have a consolation that I beat Chewies team when I went full strength. ;)
Congratz to all the other winners and all managers as well and great stuff Sartaj. Enjoyed this league very much.

great match in the end, titans the deserving victors, well played from trescothick who really took the game away from us.

Congratz Chewie.

NZ managers were one, two and three, as well as being one and two in the AfPL.
So the four teams in the CL thus far, are all managed by NZers. :D

Don't worry Bilal, I got 1.5 million, so you got more than me. :p

CG123 added 0 Minutes and 22 Seconds later...

Congratz Chewie.

NZ managers were one, two and three, as well as being one and two in the AfPL.
So the four teams in the CL thus far, are all managed by NZers. :D

Don't worry Bilal, I got 1.5 million, so you got more than me. :p

newspapert.jpg

Press Conference

23097428079dae52cacf.jpg

On the controversy involving ECB and suspension that followed:
Let me state the facts first.While working with ECB on the EPL,never at any stage did i commit to a second season though i was willing to until the ECB grossly violeted the terms of agreement according to which i was to get 27% of the total profits but instead,they offer me just 11% now.So,it is the ECB who were unprofessional and not me.

On alleged links with Lalit Modi:
This is totally baseless and my lawyers have already initiated legal action against the ECB.As a matter of fact,it was with the BCCI that i had a talk.

What the talk was about:
Well,they wanted me to help them arrest their slide in ODI cricket in particular by helping them transform the domestic structure.They obviously had a better deal to offer which i have accepted earlier today following all these baseless allegations.

But,the BCCI already run a high profile domestic event.
Look,in my opinion the IPL is all about business and profits and all this talk about the youngsters getting the ideal platform to excel is bullcrap becasue if that's the case,T20 cricket is not the right format to test your skills and technique.What we're planning is intended to improve the quality of cricketers emerging from the domestic level and enable them to be in a position to adapt to various formats of the game.We're basically transforming the domestic structure for good.

Can we have more details please?
Its similar to the IPL in terms of the franchise system and recruiting overseas players but all the franchises will be owned by the state cricket associations rather than some bollywood star or a businessman who has no idea about the game or the administration concerning it.More importantly,its not T20 cricket.We're concentrating on the 50-over version of the game with the World Cup just around the corner.

But a lot of cricketers prefer to play T20 cricket only.
That's because they're getting paid more by playing the shortest format of the game but that's not going to be the case anymore.A lot of prize money is being thrown in,more than twice of what was given away in the EPL which i think is fair enough because you are playing more than twice the cricket in this format compared to the IPL.

Will we get to see any Pakistani cricketers in this?
Unfortunately,its for the Indian and Pakistani governments to decide.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread