English Premier League VIII | Round 13

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just bid for all Durham's players in RL, four out of their best 13 or so player's aren't in the auction though...

Yea I was thinking that all your players were from Durham lol

I'm just bidding on the expensive guys for the sake of it.

I would have gone for Benkenstein and Blackwell at base price but I don't want to waste money on them players when I can get just as good players for nothing.

It would appear that Akshay is taking the same approach as last time, having already spend 120 on 8 players

I've now got six RL Durham players at base value, five of them have international experience. :D

I have the best English Keeper (imo) for free :D

Chewie added 0 Minutes and 24 Seconds later...

Viral was having computer problems though wasn't he?

So I have signed Anthony McGrath at base price after a good season last season. I'm trying to just get good players that are cheap then spend a lot in the International auction.

And now I have signed Boyd Rankin (5 points) and Joe Denly in a second at base price as well.

hedger_14 added 3 Minutes and 9 Seconds later...

I've also signed Rashid at base price as well.

My current bids add up to 55 points.

If you're doing the squad lists like Biggy does them, Dale Benkenstein should be down as a part-time bowler.

CG123 added 1 Minutes and 43 Seconds later...

For the time being this will be my team name/logo:
(Very original as you can see)

Durham_Dynamos-logo-C71E38CD63-seeklogo.com.gif

Also remember to keep an eye on peoples budgets, some people are very close or in some cases over the 120 point cap.

Last edited:
My signings and current bids.

Batsman:

Robert Key - Free (Bought)
Craig Kieswetter - 15 Points
Vikram Solanki - Free
Owais Shah - 15 Points

All-Rounders:

Anthony McGrath - Free (Bought)
Luke Wright - 5 Points

Bowlers:

Adil Rashid - Free (Bought)
Boyd Rankin - 5 Points (Bought)
Graham Onions - 15 Points (Bought)
Steven Finn - 5 Points (Bought)

Total: 60 points, 25 confirmed

hedger_14 added 2 Minutes and 17 Seconds later...

Steve Waugh will coach Nottingham Outlaws. He has been the man Hedger has always turned to for every league as the coach.

MCCHeader.png

NEWS

Matt Prior and Jimmy Adams officially signed by MCC

461074.html

Matt Prior
In the recent news, Matt Prior and Jimmy Adams has been officially signed by MCC. The two are impressive batsmen.

Matt Prior - the English keeper ATM. The most important thing about him ATM is that he is in the form of his life at present. He has played some really good innings against Pakistan and Australia. Moreover he is averaging a whooping 58.00 in session 09-10. He is also averaging 40 in won matches. He is at present the best keeper for England too. He has beenpretty consistent with both the bat and gloves throughout his carrier.

He was the first England wicketkeeper to score a century on debut with an unbeaten 126 at Lord's, followed by 75 at Headingley. He is often compared with Alec Stewart.
399808.html

Jimmy Adams
James Adams, a talented opening batsman and brilliant fielder, made his debut for Hampshire in 2002 having represented England at Under-15 and Under-19 level. He was named Hampshire Young Player of the Year for 1998, and struck his maiden first-class hundred for Loughborough University, whom he captained, in 2003. He was part of the successful 2005 squad which lifted the C&G Trophy and finished second in Division One of the County Championship. In 2006, he anchored Hampshire's surprise win over Yorkshire with a fine unbeaten 168, to chase down 404 at Headingley.

MCCfooter.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread