English Premier League VIII | Round 13

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just made my first massive buy, Andrew Hall.
He's probably the best local genuine AR, besides Flintoff and ten Doeschate.

On stats Wright is pretty average very ████, List A batting average of 23, List A bowling average of 38 with an E/R of 5.3.
ODI batting average of 20, ODI bowling average of 52.5, E/R 5.1.

However I'm pretty sure bcvs rates him decent though.

Samit Patel must be one of the best batting all-rounders and Mascarenhas one of the best bowling all-rounders :yes

I definitely don't rate Samit Patel as much as you, but I agree with you that Mascarenhas is one of the best local bowling AR's, I had him last season, and he done ████ all, which is why I didn't go for him this time round.

I went for him at the start but didn't want to pay heaps for him. Luke Wright plays Internationally so he's got to be rated pretty well.

Btw Callum and Hedger, I am not giving out on Keiswetter and Anderson. Without them my team looks crap :)

Patel's bowling's definitely good enough to be an all-rounder, as that was what he was picked for England for. His batting is better in FC cricket, but in OD he's aggressive down the order

Chewie added 12 Minutes and 17 Seconds later...

Callum seems to be doing what I did last season, in getting local players cheaply and then going hard out on internationals. Varun and I are doing that too but to a lesser extent. At the other end, Chelmsford, Riz, Akshay and Bilal are buying local players expensively. Hedger is going in the middle.

Meh, All my budget players from last season were taken early. Shahzad, Rankin, Benkenstein, Tremlett were steals last time around, and Its disappointing that I cant go for them now :(

Plus this auction has gone horribly wrong for me.

Half of my team completed. Pretty happy with what I got.
Rudolph, Trott both are star players (domestic). Lumb is just coming to join them soon. Daryl Mitchell played very well in the Worchestershire story, hope he delivers the same here.

Tim Bresnan is a decent allrounder to have, Dalrymple is yet another star and Trego would support them a little bit.
As for the bowlers, Dominic Cork will act as a advisor for the younger bowlers. Simon Jones is a decent bowler, IMO, his contribution in the Ashes 2005 was immense and finally Tremlett and Willoughby both are decent as far as I am concerned.:p

varun_rustagi added 1 Minutes and 4 Seconds later...

And the best of it is that that I got them cheaply and therefore can bid my head out in the overseas auction. Last time, the overseas players were the ones who let me down.

Btw Callum and Hedger, I am not giving out on Keiswetter and Anderson. Without them my team looks crap :)

Lol, good luck.
I've spent 15 points on my first 9 players, so that gives me... a lot to spend on Anderson.

Also if I didn't bid on Anderson just then, you would have spent 135 points, that's the second person I've found who has gone over the 120 point limit.
Can you actually keep a tally of peoples points bcvs, as 15 points over is quite a bit... ;)

Sorry guys, but this couldn't of gone any better for me, ATM. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread