English Premier League VIII | Round 13

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol, good luck.
I've spent 15 points on my first 9 players, so that gives me... a lot to spend on Anderson.

Also if I didn't bid on Anderson just then, you would have spent 135 points, that's the second person I've found who has gone over the 120 point limit.
Can you actually keep a tally of peoples points bcvs, as 15 points over is quite a bit... ;)

Sorry guys, but this couldn't of gone any better for me, ATM. :)

Oye Hoi, I thought It was our call on how much to spend for the domestic and international drafts :/

:facepalm

Well not that clearly I reckon. And I missed out bidding for Broad by 15 minutes.

Sidebottom here I come. :p

I've now got my third SA kolpak player, Robin Peterson.
Averages 25 with the bat, and 29 with the ball, at an E/R of 4.5.

Well If I get Sidebottom I reckon my team will look a bit decent. Just hope Akshay goes for someone else :upray

The thing with those budget players is that If you dont get them first, you are reluctant to waste points on them.

If someone else outbids you on a random, you just go for another random, at least that's what i do anyway.
Because if I bid base, and someone else bids 5, it's unlikely that I'm going to want to waste 10 on that player.
Prime example of that was with Blackwell, I was expecting to get him for base, but you bid 5, so i just left him after that, as he's not worth 10.

If someone else outbids you on a random, you just go for another random, at least that's what i do anyway.
Because if I bid base, and someone else bids 5, it's unlikely that I'm going to want to waste 10 on that player.
Prime example of that was with Blackwell, I was expecting to get him for base, but you bid 5, so i just left him after that, as he's not worth 10.

Yea but I am not talking about ordinary randoms. Blackwell is a decent pick, he did play some cameos in the few games he did play last season. Van Jaarsveld and De Bruyn are pretty strong picks. Benkenstein was another one, but you beat me for him.

I like the looks of Hedger and Chewies team. Pretty strong picks with so little points used. Your team is decent too, the bowling will look even better once you get Anderson.

He just hit 90 off 33 balls for Someset. He's got a big future ahead of him, and is just the sort of player I'd buy but I've run out of spaces in my team :p

I have nearly got all my domestic players. My bowling attack so far is pretty potent, with Hoggard, Shahzad, Woakes and Mascarenhas, with Patel offering some useful spin. Tyron Henderson will also be useful as the backup bowling all-rounder.

I have the in form keeper in Davies (some would argue the best limited overs keeper in England), up and coming talent in James Taylor, one of the best England ODI players in Trescothick, and then some great county players in Joyce and Dexter :)

I'm pretty satisfied with my squad so far, and I have a lot left to spend on internationals, as in the first season.

I have got all but one of my domestic players. I have 4 openers (provided I get Carberry although Solanki will bat at #3 most probably) which didn't really please me since I wanted Shah or Bell but oh well, I'll just go for some INT middle order batsman. And I've only spent 50 points at the moment with Onions and Wright being my highest paid with 15 each.

I have:

Denly
Key
Solanki
Carberry (Probably)

McGrath
Wright

Onions
Finn
Rankin
Rashid

All are reasonable players. I wanted Kieswetter but I didn't get him so I'll go for a INT keeper, probably AB.

Even though you've only spent 50 points, you'll still only get 120 points for the INT auction... :p

According to my pm:

* All the 8 teams have a total of 200 points each to bid for players (17).The points you spend to buy players in each phase should be between 80 and 120.
Eg: If you spend 110 points in phase-1,you'll be left with 90 points in phase 2.But,you should spend at least 80 points and should not spend more than 120 points in phase-1 .

It says 'should', not 'must'

So if the rules are changed now, then I should have the option to back out of my bidding for Carberry.

I'm 95% sure it means you have to bid between 80 and 120, to stop people doing what happened last time.

ATM I've spent exactly 80 points, because is what I got from the PM is that you can only carry over 120 points maximum.

CG123 added 1 Minutes and 22 Seconds later...

Just delete your bid for Carberry ASAP, before anyone else bids on him. :spy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread