English Premier League vs Australian Football League

Buddy is overrated. Hawks fans are cocky idiots. Football>AFL. Aussie_ben91 is clueless. Bartel was robbed of the Brownlow. We all hate Spurs.
LMFAO

Buddy overrated?

Coleman Medallist, Peter Crimmins Medallist (Hawks B&F) in a premiership team, All-Australian Full Forward, Premiership Player, State of Origin representive all at the age of 21.

Yeah his really overrated.

You make me laugh. :rolleyes:

Oh yes he is the best in the league.
He brings people to games, he attracts women, he is an athletic AFL phenomenon up forward and most importantly he doesn't cry like a little girl when he doesn't win the Brownlow for 2 years in a row or when his team gets comfortably beaten in the Grand Final by a much better team.
Yeah he draws in the women, like the ones who complain about him throwing drinks on them and abusing them. Gary Ablett, as voted by both the players and coaches, is the best player in the league. Franklin has the best forward award, but not the best player.

I have just started reading this and this is what I think. The AFL is the best league in the world in terms of competativness, the EPL is not. In the EPL only 4 teams, on a good year, will have a chance to win the EPL. In the AFL all 16 teams bar 1 have won a flag.

I have just started reading this and this is what I think. The AFL is the best league in the world in terms of competativness, the EPL is not. In the EPL only 4 teams, on a good year, will have a chance to win the EPL. In the AFL all 16 teams bar 1 have won a flag.
Well Hull beat Arsenal 2-1. :D In terms of competivness Serie A is much more even.

Yeh but Hull will never win the Premier League. Its all about money. Even if Hull had some awesome young emerging players, Man U, Chelsea etc would all just steal them. It isn't fair.

But thats my point. A competition is flawed if the other 16 clubs have basically no chance due to not being as 'rich'.

Anyway, after watching the first half of the NRL Grand Final, EPL/AFL>>>>>NRL. So so so boring.

That's true & it's thanks mainly to the salary cap & the draft system. AFL can afford to have these because it's the only professional 1st grade Aussie Rules league. As soccer's a worldwide game if the EPL introduced a cap all of the better players would just up sticks to Spain or Italy for more money.

The salary cap is even starting to affect the NRL because the players have the option of playing in the Super League up here. The Aussies we used to get were either blokes who hadn't quite made it to rep footy or older guys in their late 20s/early 30s who'd had decent Origin and/or test careers. Now tho we've had the likes of Matt King & Mick Crocker who're in their prime and first picks for their state team come up here for the wedge.

But how the hell are smaller clubs supposed to became succesfull teams in todays age? Isn't it impossible? As soon as they get some talent within the team, its immediatly taken away but the more powerful clubs, and the smaller club is back to square one.

But how the hell are smaller clubs supposed to became succesfull teams in todays age? Isn't it impossible? As soon as they get some talent within the team, its immediatly taken away but the more powerful clubs, and the smaller club is back to square one.

It's pretty impsossible short of the injection of a serious amount of wedge, like Man City have just had. Cash doesn't necessarily mean success, but it's a bloody good starting point; look at Chelsea pre- and post-Abramovich. If Sparky Hughes manages the Arab oil money wisely we could have five teams up there instead of the current four.

It's not an ideal situation tho, no. And I say that as a fan of one of the "big four".

Well what happened with Leeds when they had a bit of a run? Were they wealthy? Or were they a prime example of a young talented team being pulled apart by the big four?

That was their own fault. They screwed it up.

Dr. Pepper added 0 Minutes and 33 Seconds later...

LMFAO

Buddy overrated?

Coleman Medallist, Peter Crimmins Medallist (Hawks B&F) in a premiership team, All-Australian Full Forward, Premiership Player, State of Origin representive all at the age of 21.

Yeah his really overrated.

You make me laugh. :rolleyes:

You make me laugh, and everyone else on this forum. Your views are so bias it's unbelievable.

You make me laugh, and everyone else on this forum. Your views are so bias it's unbelievable.
Well done, you make a statement and I reply to it and you can't even back yourself up. Don't bothering commenting on something you know obviously know nothing about. :rolleyes:

Back up what!? That Buddy is crap! He is! I don't need to back it up!

Users who are viewing this thread