The Australian Football code battle AFL/NRL/Soccer

mattfb

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
New Zealand care about rugby League mate. Obviously they like Union more though.

And I dont think Rugby Legaue is dying. Just because its only popular in 2 states it is also popular in 2 other country's. AFL is only popular in one country.

smssia0112

Chairman of Selectors
In Australia, League is dying. And in New Zealand, it's not really that popular, it's just alright. Maybe it won't die around the world, but as I said, Australia is the only country in the world that likes it more than Union. AFL may only be popular in Australia but it is safe because of its growth. League has barely any growth at the moment in Australia. It doesn't care about its other states, and it will be hurt severely because of that. What happens when, eventually, AFL starts to make up ground in NSW and QLD?

Last edited:

.::Stevo::.

International Coach
New Zealand care about rugby League mate. Obviously they like Union more though.

And I dont think Rugby Legaue is dying. Just because its only popular in 2 states it is also popular in 2 other country's. AFL is only popular in one country.
Well it is hard to be a worldwide sport when the actual game was only invented 150 years ago in a tiny population based country.

Rugby and Soccer in some form or another probaly goes back hundreds and hundreds of years in Europe.

And dont take it as if i hate Rugby League altogethor, i quite like it sometimes. Would watch it anyday over your average NFL game.

punterpupnroy

International Cricketer
Rugby League is a much more popular game worldwide due to its physical contact. Even NFL players think Rugby League players are crazy :p

rubgy league players are just crazy druggies, who would punch the living daylights out of randoms. I bet a punch up would be shrugged off by a club.

mattfb

Chairman of Selectors
rubgy league players are just crazy druggies, who would punch the living daylights out of randoms. I bet a punch up would be shrugged off by a club.

LOL no way. One guy this week landed a real nasty blow on a player and hes probably looking at 13 weeks max on the sideline.

International Coach
wait thats one thing i really like about League, there not afraid to have a bit off a biff dureing the game!!

Unlike AFL now where you get fined like 10,000 just for touching someone. Bring back the melee's!!!!!!!!!!!!!

punterpupnroy

International Cricketer
You clearly haven't watched much AFL. No way, you get 4 minimum weeks for loading a haymaker on someone. There are heaps of brawls out there.

International Coach
You clearly haven't watched much AFL. No way, you get 4 minimum weeks for loading a haymaker on someone. There are heaps of brawls out there.

There hasn't been one this year. And the only decent one last year was the Collingwood Carlton one, but even that was soft as the players were to scared to land a punch.

I dont even support NRL but i still get to see alot of highlights of the brawls and decent punches.

iloveireland

Panel of Selectors
There hasn't been one this year. And the only decent one last year was the Collingwood Carlton one.

There might be another one this weekend.

This thread is dumb, we'll never be able to convince them AFL is da best. Victorians know it. Thats why we are better than Sydney

punterpupnroy

International Cricketer

International Coach
lol ah well.

The West Coast players were pretty pathetic, they didnt even stick up for him.

Hooper

ICC Board Member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Haha, thats awesome!

Bring back the biff!

Eagles should have made it a melee!

Users who are viewing this thread