Extracting files from *.gob using MultiEX

B) hi guys ea sports has made sure that it takes a happy thoughts lot of time for us to figure out the extensions and modify it ,they really worked hard to hide and compress these files ,so no one can edit,
if only they had put the same effort in the game ,the game would have been a lot better and bug free,

i want a bug free world!!! :cheer:

me PC freezes whenever i try to import something back into the GOB

i just hope i am able to create files in the ck24 folder and put files in there instead

like wat happened with the config files

btw how did u find out wat folder to put em in ?

was a path in the uncoded exe?

i see a lot of paths to .wav files and it seems we are able to extract em from the .pak files so perhaps commentary/sound editing could be the way to go?

B) i tried to extract the files of .pak

into one folder but it took more then 7gb in size and it was still going on so i stoped it and deleted the extracted files.

did it happen to u people also

Originally posted by The_Revealer+Jan 2 2004, 01:27 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(The_Revealer @ Jan 2 2004, 01:27 AM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-SumoNYR88
@Jan 2 2004, 12:00 AM
I only wish EA could help? :o...
whats wrong with u?

wudnt u rather like to solve a puzzle by urself then asking the people who created it in the 1st place... problem solving is always fun .... I m sure many will agree

Anywez, I think we r gettin awfully close to editing the game

Harsh try replacing the stumps ...see if thats at least the right files [/b]
I like puzzles to solve, but EA did mention in the preview interview that files would be pretty close to be editable. If we don't find a way to edit (even though I believe that we will in the next few weeks, or even days) those files, there will be a lot of angry people...that's all...

I don't want to state the obvious but I've found:

- Shot files
- Camera setup files
- AI Files
- Graphics Files
- Config Files

Also, I've found some files which have the header "MOOSt" and have tried to find out about these on the web, but with no luck.

I'm currently making a program to distinguish these file types when they have been extracted from the gob file, so they have the correct extensions.

If anyone thinks this is a good idea, let me know and I'll carry on!

Originally posted by lazy_chesnut@Jan 2 2004, 08:24 PM
I don't want to state the obvious but I've found:

- Shot files
- Camera setup files
- AI Files
- Graphics Files
- Config Files

Also, I've found some files which have the header "MOOSt" and have tried to find out about these on the web, but with no luck.

I'm currently making a program to distinguish these file types when they have been extracted from the gob file, so they have the correct extensions.

If anyone thinks this is a good idea, let me know and I'll carry on!
Sounds good. Personally I think the key lies in the .lst and .txd files because the kits definitely aren't .tga .png .jpg etc

babai have u tried packing the stuff back with that editor as i tried and it didn't work

I hope we will be able to find the way to alter this game sooner or later.Keep it up guys and I will also give it a try sooner as these days very important exam is near by.

I've had some luck with the kit files!!!!

If you find the pitch ads (for example) and look at the next file, open it in raw format with photoshop putting in the dimensions of the pitchad, and the depth to 16, the file opens and you can see the EA logo!

This also happened with kit files. So I'm pretty close to getting them out now. Just need some way of finding the format they are stored in.

Try it yourself!

gr8 work chesnut..hope u can find something...plzzz try .lst or .txd extensions for kits!!

Look at this!!

I opened the file noname5 in Adobe Photoshop, using the raw input format, and this happened. This either means that there are other files for colour pallettes, or they are in the same file somewhere (I haven't figured out where yet though).

Help would be gratefully recieved.

Attachments

• noname5.jpg
    noname5.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 1
A dodgy kit file opened using the same technique...

Attachments

• noname2769.jpg
    noname2769.jpg
    874 KB · Views: 0
i think there might be a colour palette coz thats wot happens when you try open the Internation Tour images

I've figured it out!!!!!!!!
I'm so pleased with myself for this!

I found the colour pallette is in the same file. I made a program to view the file. It's just a 256 colour image. LOOK!!!

Attachments

• alan.jpg
    alan.jpg
    8.7 KB · Views: 1

Users who are viewing this thread