FA Cup

I know it sounds incredibly bitter, but us being knocked out today could prove to be the best thing to happen to us this season. Oldham deserved every bit of what they got today and if were to have pulled it back late on it would have been an injustice.

Madman is some where around here, he aint on Xfire. Or he could be under a pub table in Blackburn, no one knows...

Great win for Coventry today, 4-1 at Blackburn, and of course Oldham for there victory. Listened to last onslaught of the Everton match and the commentator mentioned how poor Everton had been.

Aye we were. Tbh, I don't think Moyes will really be too bothered about us losing today. As much as we all love the FA Cup, we wouldn't be able to cope with an additional cup run to add to the league, the Carling Cup and european cup run that we find ourselves in now. Especially with a fairly small squad.

we've always had probably the best away support in the country though.

Because the supporters there live in the same city as the home ground? (Glory hunters!) :p

The mighty Ipswich were knocked out today, there goes our home record. Everyone's saying that Trotter shouldn't have been sent off. I'll watch it on MOTD and then pass judgement...

How original :p

Ronaldo and Rooney :D Rooney made the difference, only his 9th goal this year but thats not bad at all considering the injurys, I expect to see him on top fform towards the end of the year, could make the difference for our season having a world class player like that fresh. Ronaldos now only 4 off his total last year iirc, thats pretty amazing, he's not had that many assists though but he's still made a lot of chances, ust we haven't really had a fit goal scorer to back him up so far.

Well...that was...something.

Aston Villa never looked like scoring in that match. You could see that when they had the ball in front of your 18 yard box, they didn't know what to do so they passed it back and forth, out wide and inside before either crossing the ball for it to be headed away or being tackled.

Man U were nowhere near their best today but still deserved the win. i'm just glad it's over.

How original :p

Yeah, it's old, but still true :p

Ronaldo and Rooney :D Rooney made the difference, only his 9th goal this year but thats not bad at all considering the injurys, I expect to see him on top fform towards the end of the year, could make the difference for our season having a world class player like that fresh. Ronaldos now only 4 off his total last year iirc, thats pretty amazing, he's not had that many assists though but he's still made a lot of chances, ust we haven't really had a fit goal scorer to back him up so far.

9 goals this year! That's phenomenal in only 5 days! :D :rolleyes:

Well, Villa tried to 'park the bus in front of their goal' today, but the sheer determination and never say die attitude of the team got us through. Good result!

Last edited:
Norwich 1-1 Bury! I went to the game and we were really atrocious. We should have been 2-0 up in the first ten minutes but they didn't seem to know where the goal was. We were lucky to get a replay. I thought it was a bad result, but it's not as bad as Everton's, Blackburn's, Birmingham's!

Norwich 1-1 Bury! I went to the game and we were really atrocious. We should have been 2-0 up in the first ten minutes but they didn't seem to know where the goal was. We were lucky to get a replay. I thought it was a bad result, but it's not as bad as Everton's, Blackburn's, Birmingham's!

Lowest attendance for a while. wasn't it? What were the ticket prices?

Went to the Town game, the game as a spectacle ended when Halsey made the descision. Anyone who has seen it can tell a yellow card will have sufficed. Shocker. Credit to the boys though, they kept attacking Pompey (without BellMan in their contingent) and if Calamity James wasn't having a good day we could've won 3-1 easily. Quite how Utaka missed I don't know!

The Liverpool team in full: Itandje, Finnan, Riise, Carragher, Hyypia, Lucas, Alonso, Benayoun, Babel, Crouch, Kuyt. Subs: Martin, Hobbs, Mascherano, El Zhar, Voronin.

Seems alright. Would of had Torres on the bench just in case. No Sissoko again...he's off. Chance for Kuyt and Riise to get some confidence, and probably Crouch.

Arsenal win comfortably in the end as expected, was close for a while though, even after the sending off but they just had too much for Burnley. Now come on Montys luton!

These red cards the refs are dishing out are beyond a joke now [see Lafferty's for Burnley]. It's an absolute disgrace that the refs are just ruining games with these diabolical decisions.

Users who are viewing this thread