FA Cup

Finally, It's been 2 weeks now, that my friends won't shut up about Man U winning the Premiership, but now it's my turn. :p

well it was end to end stuff...but the goal was absolute class...a little 1-2 between drogba and lampard and than drogba finished it off with a delicate finish....congrats to all the chelski fans around...

Your a bad loser because you won't admit that Chelsea deserve to win. You barely had a clear chance on goal because they defended superbly and were the only team to have any form of guilt edged chance on goal. Which they took.
ok i really shouldn't have posted straight after the match but we split their defence open lots of times. They were terrified of Rooney and yes they deserve to win but i still think we were better than them at everything but scoring a goal,I take back we deserved to lose but that doesn't mean we didn't play the better football,just they did the most important thing right

Pretty forgettable match overall really for the neutral.

Yep, for the neutral it was a bore. Not a great advert for the Premiership which is a shame. However that will be rectified with Birmingham's electrifying presence next season ;)

Joe and Matt have been right, yeah Chelski scored more than us and deserved to win in that regard. However, we were the better side with more intent to win. To be honest, I'm not too disappointed, I know which one we wanted to win this season, thats the league, I prefer our trophy situation this season than Chelski's.

Piss off Arsenal fans, I thought London rivalry would have made you want us to win, especially after the Carling Cup final. I guess jealously rules all though:rolleyes:

Joe was right when he said its a bad advert for English football, a dire game and a team that didn't show intent to win, getting the trophy.

I agree with Kev on the Giggs incident. It was a foul to be honest, although Giggs should have tucked away the chance, if he had we'd have probably been celebrating a double now.

In fairness to both teams, you can't blame them for the way they played. If one of the teams had come out all guns blazing instead then they probably would have done more damage to themselves. It always happens when two quality teams meet; They try to feel each other into the game before going for it and there's always a settling in period. Unfortunately for the neutral today, the settling in period lasted 120 minutes.

It wasnt a great match at all and I kept switching to the Stuttgart vs Cottbus game. But then it was expected since both teams cancelled each other almost perfectly. I thought our defence did well today and Essien was brilliant. The few chances that Man Utd did have, Essien was there every time to put the ball away.

Coming to Giggs' attempt which looked to have crossed the line - I have to agree with one of the above posts - as Giggs did push into Cech and should have been fouled for doing so.

Coming to the goal, well, in a match as close as this one, you need that rare moment of brilliance to make the difference, and Lampard's pass and Drogba's finish provided just that. Nice initial pass from Mikel as well.

So after a pretty ordinary season, we still end up with two trophies. Sweet.

Oh yeah I forgot to mention my two pence worth on the over the line issue.

1) Clearly it was a goal, there's no debating that.
2) Yes Cech was fouled so the 'goal' should have been disallowed anyway.
3) Giggs was fouled as well so it should have been a penalty. Swings and roundabouts though as Sheffield United should have had a penalty at Old Trafford the other week that wasn't given and could have kept them up.

3) Giggs was fouled as well so it should have been a penalty. Swings and roundabouts though as Sheffield United should have had a penalty at Old Trafford the other week that wasn't given and could have kept them up.
Sheffield United were 2-0 down at that time though, and they hadn't had many chances with only 15 minutes left. We have had luck throughout the season though, so you are right, it is swings and roundabouts. Not too disappointed about not getting the pen tbh and not too disappointed about not winning today, it would have been nice but we'll move onto next season the happiest at this season.

yeah in order of preference for me it would have been 1,the prem- the most important and the one that shows the best team,2- the fa cup,the first one at wembley, one chance to win this and chelsea took it,3-champions league,normally 2 but wembley overtakes it for me

Great great great move, the goal was very good by Drogba... Boring match in reality though. Last years one was soo much better

Piss off Arsenal fans, I thought London rivalry would have made you want us to win, especially after the Carling Cup final. I guess jealously rules all though:rolleyes:

There's a certain rivalry between us that's been going on...um....15 years!

In fairness to both teams, you can't blame them for the way they played. If one of the teams had come out all guns blazing instead then they probably would have done more damage to themselves. It always happens when two quality teams meet; They try to feel each other into the game before going for it and there's always a settling in period. Unfortunately for the neutral today, the settling in period lasted 120 minutes.

That's the difference with Arsenal. With us, the settling in period is 5 minutes. We take the attack to the opposition and it worked against Man Utd twice this season, thrice against Liverpool and it would have worked three times this season against Chelsea if we weren't so succeptable at the back.

Last edited:
Chelsea might've won the FA Cup, but Man Utd are still the Champions! And everyone knows that's what really matters! Also, if the referee didn't give a free kick for Giggs' effort when the ball was clearly over the line, then it should've been given as a goal! I don't think it was a foul, because he played the ball first. In football, if you play the ball first, then it is no foul, no matter how hard you might hit the man, as long as you play the ball first and that's exactly what Giggs did.

It's high time we had some TV replays introduced. How long would it take to clear things like that up? Ten seconds? Twenty?

I thought Ronaldo was way too greedy today. If he had passed instead of shooting near post on a couple of occasions, then we would surely have scored. He wasn't on his game at all and looked quite tired to me. I thought Rooney was excellent and, fair play to Chelsea, their goal was excellent, sheer class and it was always going to take something like that to unlock our defense today, which was superb.

Also, Rooney played on the wing most of the season and we never saw any of the sort of runs he made today! Awesome. What did I say? Play the guy in his correct position and we will once again see those runs from deep that he terrorized everyone in Euro 2004 with. Rooney is no winger and it is time England especially realised that. You have to play him just off a frontman, then watch him go!

Well Man U haven't won their 'inevitable'' triple or even double...what a pity.Anyway,not a great match,but good to see the top scorer in the Prem put Man U away.Ronaldo was useless,wasn't even trying.What i don't understand is why he refuses to knock the ball around a defender and chase after it...He is far quicker than Farrera(?),but played into his hands by just standing in one spot jinxing back and fourth and achieveiving nothing.

Users who are viewing this thread