Fasting (For Everyone)

If you fast occasionally, What religion do you follow?

• Total voters
Zorax, if you don't mind me asking what religion are you?

I'm almost certain you are Hindu, but then again, you never know!

I'm Hindu, but 12 years in an Arab country with Ramadan every year and loads of Muslim friends, you tend to learn quite a bit...

Suppose If a Diabetic Patient won't eat anything for long time then it might lead him to Hypoglycaemia,He might get the state of Comma and within few hours He will die.

That was my point. Though we have established that diabetics aren't forced to fast.

That's exactly that case that happened when i was in Class 6, as the night before the incident, i took less food, and general dose of injection ( as taken per the food and blood levels) and it's less food and greater dose, so it cuts out the controlling ratio of the sugar levels and by the morning, when i woke up, i was crying badly in the hospital, shouting! Moaning! Seeing everything i can in sub-Consciousness, and i re-gained my Consciousness back after a good hour or so! and i came to know that I was found with my body stiff like iron, not moving an inch! My mother saw me and tried to pick me up, but my body was so stiff that it was like lifting a rusted machine..

I'm cutting off a lot of parts and will go directly into the main decision making thing;

When i was admitted in the hospital with hard and tough efforts, the reason of the fainting was actually because of low sugar, the doctors said it was below 20!! Which is quite un-believable, but it happened, and the cause is not fainting, it's comma..

It's not over yet, when the doctors tried to Pump the blood levels up, by Injecting glucose into my body continuously, there was another problem! The blood levels may go higher and that might cause more problem.. It's quite understandable, like a situation where you are stuck in Extreme cold or extreme heat, Both are dangerous and have their own actions to cause trouble.. The similar thing is with the sugar levels, but luckily, you have live a mentally retarded life or a painful life with soars, cuts, etc; if the sugar levels go high.. As it's low, "pray god"..

The doctors went on to choose the correct decision and decided to wait for sometime to see if i'll recover from the serious disaster which could have got even more worser! Luckily, very luckily, if they have chosen to give glucose, i may have been in another darker world than the one i'm....

So, even if i ever had to stay for fasting, it would hardly be 3andhalf hours, and if sleep comes into the drama, there's one thing, i wake up around mid-night, before dawn 90% of the month to eat something..;

Most of the people of my religion follow some rules like:

Not eating Non-Veg on Saturdays

Fasting etc...

But I never do all these I live an independent life I eat Non-Veg almost all the days still I am not saying that people who do this are not independent

I fast by not eating for one 24 hour period, and then eating a few snacks before fasting again for the whole of the next day as I want to lose weight.

I fast by not eating for one 24 hour period, and then eating a few snacks before fasting again for the whole of the next day as I want to lose weight.

that is definetly not a healthy way to loose wieght. a healthy way to loose weight is too eat, but not too eat too much and not too eat to less. excercise daily and regularly, stay active, dont sit on the pc or on ur couch, especially after eating!

starvin ur self is not the answer.

It might not be Type 1 though. Which I believe is the most dangerous?

Hey I am diabetic and I still fast!!! :eek:

If that's true I firmly suggest you see a doctor (preferably one that doesn't fast) quickly. That's not good for you at all.

You've been diabetic for how long?..

Like 4 months only

@ Jordox, I have actually seen a doctor, she said I need to avoid soft drinks and juices which I take too much daily but sure I will ask her about the fasting next time.

I started fasting at the age of 9
and I fast every year for 30 days and I have to said its not very hard.

Users who are viewing this thread