Fasting (For Everyone)

If you fast occasionally, What religion do you follow?

• Total voters

6 x Afridi

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Tell me your view on fasting. Every opinion counts because i want to see peoples different opinons about this subject. If you do fast, are there any specific rules that you follow? Because I know in Hinduism, you are allowed to drink water. You don't need to be part of a religion to fast. It is a healthy thing to do.

What do you guys eat prior to or after breaking the fast. I'm sure not only muslims fast. Jews, Christians, and Hindus fast, so my bros tell me what you eat too.

and other people who also fast, tell me what you eat.
And people who do not fast and think it is pure BS, and there are no benefits, please take some time to read this

Last edited:

shalin_hitter

Club Cricketer
I follow jainism ,we are allowed to only have water after sunrise and before sunset and we fast continously for 8 days,our fasting just got over today

.::Stevo::.

International Coach
I've only ever fasted for an operation.

Last edited by a moderator:

KBC

Panel of Selectors
Steve, There are many religions where fasting process goes on, sometimes during the festivals' season and sometimes in the case of eclipses, etc;

I've always wondered, as i lived in india, Many muslims, doesn't matter big or small, young or older, everyone follows fasting process during the time of "ramadan ", one of their most holy festival & month of the year..

No sarcasm, but you haven't seen or didn't know much about this, but it doesn't mean that they don't exist..

I'll tell you one incident which happened about a few years ago, when a girl was going to her high school, she began to faint desperately, and it came to the notice that she was low on B.P and as it was morning (about 8 to 9 O' Clock) when the prayers of the muslims are done, in simple words, as the prayer gets over in the early morning around 5 O' Clock, the fasting begins.. and the girl needed something to bring her back to normality, like glucose, But as it was already fasting, She couldn't eat anything.. not even drinking;

It went on for 10 minutes, he was crying with hunger and was fainting, But many gathered there to help her, and they possibly wanted to give her Energy drinks, but at the same time, the holy fasting was backing them and if they gave her the drink, the girl will be taken as a sinner not by anyone, but by their.. yeah, Quran.. maybe, so people were in real confusion and were in a guilty-feeling that they could do nothing, even though everything is with them.. and they know that they will be the un-appropriate reason for the sin if they give her something to eat or drink.. But, it went on for a good hour, and the girl hardly waited for the fasting to finish though there's a lot of time left for that.. and she kept on spitting and washing her face as some say even galloping is not allowed and i even saw many doing that.. But, the news came in that She was alright by the end of the day, as she was given energetic food to recover..

So, that's how the situations can get to, even knowing that, people do that only for the sake of what they are for, and because of whom they are in this world (As they Believe)

This doesn't happen only in particular countries, everywhere in the world, where there's a rule or a must, in a religion, all for good.. As many disagree with it, it's still good..

Last edited:

Niv

Club Cricketer
I'm almost 17 and I'm 52kg. I aint doing no fasting...

Leggie

Chairman of Selectors
In Hinduism it is optional to fast on Saturday, I don't know why but sometimes my parents do. You are allowed to drink water and eat fruit. This is where you are not allowed to eat/drink anything else the start of the Hindu Day which is aobut 05:00 till the end of the Hindu Day which is 24hrs after you started your fast.

King Pietersen

ICC Board Member
Fasting, pah, no chance of that for me, I struggle to not eat for about an hour. Luckily I have a mega metabolism, meaning it's bloody hard to put on weight. I've been sat about doing bugger all for about 2 months, with the odd bid of cricket and some weight work, and I've not put on a pound. Means I can eat what I want, when I want. Tis all good.

khalek

Panel of Selectors
I fast for Ramadan every year and also during blood tests for Diabetes at least thrice a month...

shubhrayu

International Coach
I never fast I don't believe that fasting makes any difference first we need to check our health

Sureshot

Executive member
I don't fast, then again I'm an Atheist. It's quite an interesting activity (that isn't quite the word I'm looking for, any ideas on a better description?). Though as opposed to that article, I've never heard a medical professional say anything about fasting being helpful for Diabetics.

ste_mc_efc

Chairman of Selectors
I don't fast because

A)I have no religious views to speak of and

B)I love eating far, far too much.

Users who are viewing this thread