Favourite and least favourite commentators

Shouldn't be used because they don't work, they aren't designed too. It's impossible and pointless, a cold lasts a couple of days normally, impossible because no cold virus is the same as the next one.

Least favourite commentator?

Botham, might be an unpopular choice, but he just annoys me so much.

He is also very biased that another reason I dont like most of English commentary team TBH. Naseer and Bumble offer some respite though.

I would expect a former player to be biased towards his own country, he can't be blamed for it. The majority of commentators from England are former players - David Gower, David Lloyd, Michael Atherton, Nasser Hussain, Ian Botham and Nick Knight.

That reminds me, i'm not a huge fan of Gower and Atherton. I like the rest of the Poms.

Richie Benaud
David Lloyd
Geoffrey Boycott

Dislike

Mark Nicholas - Tries to make everything look like the best bit of cricket anyone has ever seen.

Christopher Martin Jenkins - Just the way he commentates that really bugs me.

David Gower - Goes on forever about something that happens in the game instead of commenting about the game itself. You just feel one day a wicket is going to fall and he's going to be yabbering away without even noticing. :rolleyes:

Bob Willis - No need to explain this too much. He always find something to whine about. :mad:

Nick Knight - In the same bracket as Gower.

Strange that, as my favourite commentators are Gower, Atherton and Lloyd in England matches.

I like listening to Atherton's theories, he knows what he is talking about and Lloyd is just funny, but he knows when to be serious as well. Bumble is the only man I have heard of that can do both Tests and Twenty20s perfectly.

I didn't like Gower until the day Pakistan were accused of ball tampering at the Oval. There he dealt with the situation really well, the programme went on much longer than anyone expected and he showed calm and class that day.

Just a shame that he is so damn annoying in normal conversation, all you can hear whilst someone else is talking is "umm, umm, yeh umm". He's a knowledgable and interesting chap, but only when talking, very annoying when he isnt.

My faves:
- Bumble
- Michael Atherton
- Geoff Boycott- his commentary on the 2005 ashes dvd's is brilliant, especially in Pietersen's 158, can jus hear him chuckling everytime a boundary is scored, legend.
- David Gower
- Richie Benaud
- Bill Lawry
- Sanjay Manjrekar- i dont know why, i just like his voice, and hes a get to the point commentator.
- Mark Nicholas- Love his ott commentary
- Tony Cozier- great voice
- Ian Bishop
- Michael Holding

Least favourites:
- Sanath Jayasuriya- takes too long to talk, often changes what he's saying half way through a comment, has an annoying voice, he's new to the box, but very very annoying.
- Shivaramakrishnan- just annoying.
- The female commmentator from the t20- it's not because she's female, but her voice was annoying, sounded like she was reading from a script, over analysed things to try and prove she knew her stuff.

Nice long list there :D Theres not many commentators i dont like.

Just a shame that he is so damn annoying in normal conversation, all you can hear whilst someone else is talking is "umm, umm, yeh umm". He's a knowledgable and interesting chap, but only when talking, very annoying when he isnt.

My faves:
- Bumble
- Michael Atherton
- Geoff Boycott- his commentary on the 2005 ashes dvd's is brilliant, especially in Pietersen's 158, can jus hear him chuckling everytime a boundary is scored, legend.
- David Gower
- Richie Benaud
- Bill Lawry
- Sanjay Manjrekar- i dont know why, i just like his voice, and hes a get to the point commentator.
- Mark Nicholas- Love his ott commentary
- Tony Cozier- great voice
- Ian Bishop
- Michael Holding

Least favourites:
- Sanath Jayasuriya- takes too long to talk, often changes what he's saying half way through a comment, has an annoying voice, he's new to the box, but very very annoying.
- Shivaramakrishnan- just annoying.
- The female commmentator from the t20- it's not because she's female, but her voice was annoying, sounded like she was reading from a script, over analysed things to try and prove she knew her stuff.

Nice long list there :D Theres not many commentators i dont like.

She is a usual South African commentator, She usually comentates. Have heard her a few times. She is one of my most hated.

She is a usual South African commentator, She usually comentates. Have heard her a few times. She is one of my most hated.

Her name is Kass Naidu.

I must also add to my list hatred list- Mr Ian Chappell.

He seems to think no end of himself.All those who watched the telecast on Star Cricket,well,Chappell seems to think that it was not good for Tendulkar to guide the new batsman as to how to approach the game just cause Tendulkar is short.
His voice is also boring and keeps on dragging.
I really doubt he'll last long on ESS-he does'nt seem to get along well with other commentators as well.

I must also add to my list hatred list- Mr Ian Chappell.

Yes, unlike other commentators who get better over time, Mr. Chappell has got more boring, more tiring and sounds like a broken record whenever he talks about batting technique. He thinks he is an all-round expert who can even advise wicket keepers about how to keep.

Yes, unlike other commentators who get better over time, Mr. Chappell has got more boring, more tiring and sounds like a broken record whenever he talks about batting technique. He thinks he is an all-round expert who can even advise wicket keepers about how to keep.

He is not meant for ESS.Maybe he needs to try his luck on Nimbus or DD :p

No he is perfect for ESPN-Star Sports, along with the likes of Pretentious Oxford-Cambridge Harsha, Boring Gavaskar and the King-of-Obvious Ravi Shastri.

Actually Wasim Akram seems to be the most sensible of the lot. He makes some good observations at times.

Leaving out Chappell,I think ESS has a very good team.
Micheal Slater's addition to their team is also good as he keeps on cracking jokes and stuff.

Leaving out Chappell,I think ESS has a very good team.
Micheal Slater's addition to their team is also good as he keeps on cracking jokes and stuff.

No one can fill boots of NS Siddhu.

The current WI/SA commentators are so friggin boring its ubeleiveable....

Users who are viewing this thread