Favourite and least favourite commentators

Mike Whitney has hosted the show- Who Dares Wins !

So,it is but obvious that he will be great.
Also,Whitney has played a Test [ not many know that]

Whitney played ODI for Australia, didn't he?

Like:

Dean Jones -(Before he got banned)
Michael Holding
Geoff Boycott
Ravi Shastri

Dislike:

Arun Lal
Laxman Shiviramankrishan (I made a complete hash of spelling his name)

As for Richie Benaud, this old ba*tard has to be one of the most bias-assed commentators i have ever had the displeasure of hearing. He's got a good voice, but after a while it becomes long, boring, and very monatone.

Richie, you might notice, never refers to the Australians as "us". He is very careful of doing that. He definetely isn't as biased as Ian Botham.

I think most of the rant is based on the EA Sports Cricket games. In those Richie is given a list of lines to read out. He does so, but EA then go and mess it all up and make a game that is complete and utter balls.

Does anybody remember a guy called Ifthikar? He used to commentate in Sharjah games in the 90s. He was quite horrible too.

My current most unfavourite commentator is Arun Lal and Laxman Sivaramakrishnan along with all the Sri Lankan commentators.

Jayasuriya has had 2 tests as commentator now, and i still dont like his commentary, seems to say "David" at the end of every sentence, takes too long to make simple points, and has an annoying, deep voice, very poor choice as commentator. Luckilly he is often partnered with David Lloyd who is a legend :p

Sorry to nitpick, but antibiotics aren't/shouldn't be used to treat colds.

Shouldn't be used because they don't work, they aren't designed too. It's impossible and pointless, a cold lasts a couple of days normally, impossible because no cold virus is the same as the next one.

Least favourite commentator?

Botham, might be an unpopular choice, but he just annoys me so much.

Users who are viewing this thread