Favourite and least favourite commentators

that ex-Zimbabwe fast bowler ( i think ) that commentates here in South Africa ( he has long hair ) , he can make a joke once in a while and knows what hes talking about especially on the cricket show here in SA , inside edge.

that ex-Zimbabwe fast bowler ( i think ) that commentates here in South Africa ( he has long hair ) , he can make a joke once in a while and knows what hes talking about especially on the cricket show here in SA , inside edge.

Pommie Mbangwa

Sivaramakrishna-makes stupid faces n tries his hand at silly jokes

Arun Lal-headache

Sohail-highly pro-pakistan

Tony Cozier-too historical
I don't like them either, along with most other Indian commentators that don't work for ESS. Ramiz Raja was the only sensible commentator on DD for the India-Pak series.

After BUMBLE if cany guy who can make fun of cricket its DEAN JONES. This guy is also amazing.
Yeah, Dean Jones is one of my favourites.

who watched England vs Sri Lanka today , i hope that Sanath Jayasuriya never becomes a full time commentator. :(

who watched England vs Sri Lanka today , i hope that Sanath Jayasuriya never becomes a full time commentator. :(

When he and Nick Knight came together I actually felt asleep. :p

first of all Jayasuriya commentated to me way too much one side , i can understand that because he just came out of the test side , but when you commentate you need to talk about both teams and know your facts about both teams.

I agree, Sanath's voice is so depressing, boring, boring, boring.

Athar Ali Khan-the worst ********** [put whatever that comes to your mind]

AA Khan,an ex-Bangla captain,thinks that umpires use D/L method to get a result in a rain-washed Test match !

Athar Ali Khan-the worst ********** [put whatever that comes to your mind]

AA Khan,an ex-Bangla captain,thinks that umpires use D/L method to get a result in a rain-washed Test match !

Really!!

When did this happened?

By the way hes up there now with Fernando, Jayasuriya and Sohail.

Was anyone watching the Twenty20? James Brayshaw is absolutely the worst cricket commentator I have ever heard. For an ex cricketer, he has the least knowledge of any commentator, if it wasn't for the fact that he has a sense of humour, I would have shot my TV. All he ever said was, he's a good player, or good shot, and ocassionally he would actually discuss something or other that is relevant, but otherwise...

Shame, because I reckon he's a fantastic footy commentator.

Got a new least favourite commentator, Sanath Jaysuriya. I'd rather listen to that woman from the t20 cup commentator, cant understand half the rubbish that is mumbled from Sanath's mouth. They should have seen that his voice wouldnt work on the TV, his English is poor. He starts going on about something, repeats it a few times and then goes off on something else. Rubbish commentator, get rid of Sanath and stick more Bumble on tele. His comments when the bloke in the crowd was reading from Nasser's autobiography were genius:

"A thick outside edge down to third man, best shot i ever played"

Classic Bumble, love the bloke, such a legend.
Sounds a bit like Kevin Muscat commentating on Ten for the Sydney vs LA Galaxy exhibition soccer game. Just mumbled the worst things, and actually tried to make the game sound even less exciting than it was.

Last edited:
Maybe they should make the commentators give TOEFL n IELTS before signing a contract :p

another who i really hate listening to is mark nicholas
the guy is such a suck up to the aussie team.
too much use of the word "stroke" for his own good
The batsmen gets an edge and he goes "what a stroke"

abit too formal,
he should be commentating at the queens annual tea party

Have you guys heard Channel 10's football, golf and car racing commentary? (Australia) ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Mike Whitney doing his silly stuff at ICL was great. The crowd loved him at stadiums and also viewers watching at home.
I hope we have more personalities like him rather than boring same old voices.

Mike Whitney was a fun guy and makes some keen observations in between some jokes. At the same time, he's definitely more of an outdoor roving reporter type than a regular commentator.

Users who are viewing this thread