Favourite and least favourite commentators

I relate to all the commentators I hear, mostly through Sky Sports, in different ways. I wouldn't say I have a favorite or a villain because, come on, there just commentators. But yes, you grow to their personalities over time.

Michael Holdings prolly the commentator I enjoy listening to the most. No secret its his accent. He's just got that lazy West Indian, almost drole tone his voice that just makes you want to sit in the sun, smoking a nice big doob, pint in hand, watchin the game.

I've never liked Michael Slater and i'm not entirely sure why.

Toni Greigs a worthy commentator as well. Again, hes got that unusual accent that just adds that little sparkle to his commentating. Plus he's born a Scot which gives him bonus points in my book.

Simon Hughes comes across as a very articulate and smart man. Always sounds like he knows what hes talking about.

Geoff Boycotts an arse.

i agree that mate..

Does anyone else hate Arun Lal. Gawsh he's annoying. He focusses more on wildlife than actual cricket. Most of the stuff he talks about is pretty wrong.

I like Ravi Shastri, Ian Bishop, Michael Holding, Tony Greig and Bill Lawry (12th man style) and Richie Benaud

Got a new least favourite commentator, Sanath Jaysuriya. I'd rather listen to that woman from the t20 cup commentator, cant understand half the rubbish that is mumbled from Sanath's mouth. They should have seen that his voice wouldnt work on the TV, his English is poor. He starts going on about something, repeats it a few times and then goes off on something else. Rubbish commentator, get rid of Sanath and stick more Bumble on tele. His comments when the bloke in the crowd was reading from Nasser's autobiography were genius:

"A thick outside edge down to third man, best shot i ever played"

Classic Bumble, love the bloke, such a legend.

Got a new least favourite commentator, Sanath Jaysuriya. I'd rather listen to that woman from the t20 cup commentator, cant understand half the rubbish that is mumbled from Sanath's mouth. They should have seen that his voice wouldnt work on the TV, his English is poor. He starts going on about something, repeats it a few times and then goes off on something else. Rubbish commentator, get rid of Sanath and stick more Bumble on tele. His comments when the bloke in the crowd was reading from Nasser's autobiography were genius:

"A thick outside edge down to third man, best shot i ever played"

Classic Bumble, love the bloke, such a legend.

Give the guy some time. His first stint as commentator.

Bumble is just amazing. :hpraise

I didnt know that Sanat had started commentating.

Bumble is way too good....
Infact,all the Indians began to like Bumble after the T20 World Cup.

I didnt know that Sanat had started commentating.

Bumble is way too good....
Infact,all the Indians began to like Bumble after the T20 World Cup.

Sorry man but liked him well before that.

Don't like:
Aamir Sohail
Navjot Siddhu
Shivaramakrishnan
Arun Lal
that one girl commentator they had during the twenty twenty world championship that sounded like an 8 year old.

Like:
Holding - best at the moment cos of his sexy voice
Benaud - legend
Boycott
Shastri
Gavaskar
Bishop
Slater
Greig
Nasser Hussain
Lawry

Last edited:
Surely Jayasuriya can't be worse then that Ranjit Fernando guy?

Some of my faves:
All of the Channel 9 commentary team except Healy
Ian Smith
Jeremy Coney
Bumble
Ian Botham
Mike Holding

Darryl Culinan has a really soothing voice. Any fans out there?

Like:

Richie Benaud - He is Richie
Bill Lawry - 12th Man style :p
Tony Grieg - Isn't that bad
Mark Nicholas - He looks like he really enjoys his cricket
Michael Slater - In the Brisbane test between Sri Lanka and Australia recently, they were showing some of the hobbies of Stuart Clark and it said his favourite band was Powderfinger and so so etc... then Slater really likes Bon Jovi and they are touring Australia soon and then Michael starts talking to Tony about whether he would want to go - Great stuff :D

Oh and maybe I should watch more English cricket so I can hear more Bumble lines :)

bRING BACK mAXIE

Max Walker - brilliant in his day.

John Howard - thank god both he and jamie packer are gone and we'll never have to put up with that again.

Official Memorabilia

Oh,btw,who was the lady commentator during the T20 World Cup ?
Was it Donna Symonds,cause,apart from her,there was absolutely no one from ESS.

My Favorites :
Harsha Bhogle
Shaz & Waz
Micehal Slater
Bumble
Sidhu
Gautam Bhimani[ESS-will be on air in Aus]

My Hate List:
Ian Chappell-thinks of self as the god of cricket

Sivaramakrishna-makes stupid faces n tries his hand at silly jokes

Arun Lal-headache

Sohail-highly pro-pakistan

Tony Cozier-too historical

After BUMBLE if cany guy who can make fun of cricket its DEAN JONES. This guy is also amazing.

An Excellent Video

MY favourites,
Bumble - Absoloute Genius & his love of reading
"Ill have two of those please"
"Hello whats your Name?, Sally, I used to have a dog called Sally"

Beefy - legend
"I think the field is completely wrong, They've chnaged the field, They've bought fine leg up and put a man out for a short wide long hop"

Nasser in reply; The man out for the short wide long hop, and he gets it
Well done Ian Botham"

Gilly and Symonds were pretty funny in the 20-20 the other night!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread