Features you want to see in next iteration of Big Ant Cricket

The uncertainty between a googly and leggy, an off spin , doosra , arm ball and carrom ball is something that makes spin bowling special.
Suppose i didn't read the ball well, thought it to be an off spin, thus tried to sweep it away to the mid wicket but it ended up being a doosra and i missed the ball completely or I top edged it which caused a catch. This feel! Man! This exact feel is missing in DBC 14.
I don't how u can read the ball properly in a game if you don't make the bowler fingers function according to reality.
But i think this is a really important change which i am expecting to see in the gameplay of DBC17 .
Spin is not only about the more turn/ less turn/flight/ball speed variations but also about the aforementioned ones!

I have the sense that the game was much more unpredictable in a positive sense in the beginning but through the various patches different aspects were dumbed down so as to be less potential gamebreakers; not a critisicm but it would be good if there was a much wider spectrum of outcomes and possibilities....

On this Note I can confirm that before Patch 3 , the Gully fielder was a No. 1 Priority for me , as I used to at least get one edge flying there per Pro20 Online match . Even 4th to 6th Slip took Nick catches.

Since the introduction of Patch 3 (and the slightly overpowered Square Drive) , this mode of dismissal has all but dissapeared , which is a shame .

Its like some setting got dumbed down , to make the drives more secure , the only place you regularly edge now is to the Keeper and Second Slip .

I would like the Gully and wider Slips to again feature as before with regards to edges off the Pacers , now they only take mistimed late cuts.

On this Note I can confirm that before Patch 3 , the Gully fielder was a No. 1 Priority for me , as I used to at least get one edge flying there per Pro20 Online match . Even 4th to 6th Slip took Nick catches.

Since the introduction of Patch 3 (and the slightly overpowered Square Drive) , this mode of dismissal has all but dissapeared , which is a shame .

Its like some setting got dumbed down , to make the drives more secure , the only place you regularly edge now is to the Keeper and Second Slip .

I would like the Gully and wider Slips to again feature as before with regards to edges off the Pacers , now they only take mistimed late cuts.
There was a beta version that got tested by a few guys here and the edges in that were phenomenal; flying through gully for four and all that....after the subsequent patches the general feel of the game got smoother but this meant that the edges sort of dissapeared. I am sure it is a high priority in the development of the coming version....

Is it actually possible to opt out of a patch (not talking beta here) on steam or roll back?

Would that be an option for the next version?

Is it actually possible to opt out of a patch (not talking beta here) on steam or roll back?
No, but just as it is possible to go to newer versions as a 'beta', the same mechanism works for older versions, provided there's not a particular reason a version needed to be removed. It's more dangerous going backwards - in terms of save file compatibility particularly - but possible.

Find me the date that the version you're talking about was made available to you and I can see if I can track it down and do that.

But that said, in the next version you'll also have <unannounced feature>, which will help.

No, but just as it is possible to go to newer versions as a 'beta', the same mechanism works for older versions, provided there's not a particular reason a version needed to be removed. It's more dangerous going backwards - in terms of save file compatibility particularly - but possible.

Find me the date that the version you're talking about was made available to you and I can see if I can track it down and do that.

But that said, in the next version you'll also have CAKE, which will help.

But that said, in the next version you'll also have <unannounced feature>, which will help.

I think it was 1.08 or 1.07

Fistpumps for the unannounced feature! I think I might know what that feature might be....;)

If you use Steam in offline mode it won't update your game until you go back into online. I play Football Manager this way as I hate having to adjust to a patch midway through a save.

Congratulation overdue @MattW. Sorry to have missed the big moment. I was held hostage by real life in absence of any new game coming out.

P.S You can pm me the unknown feature list ;)

Users who are viewing this thread