Features you want to see in next iteration of Big Ant Cricket

I'm guilty of using this trick/cheat in career mode but only for my team's benefit. [HASHTAG]#HonestConfession[/HASHTAG]

I love that. What else would you cheat for? It's hardly like "I stole bread to feed an orphan", it's "I stole gold to pay a model to rub me off".

I love that. What else would you cheat for? It's hardly like "I stole bread to feed an orphan", it's "I stole gold to pay a model to rub me off".

Would it matter if I tell you that improving my career player's stats was not the objective?

Side screen problem ..
In casual matches.
Sometime it's grey for the white ball.and thus completely unplayable While on pro mode..
Should chek this in dbc17

Option to select the opening bowlers and death bowlers. Option to select also the bowling order, the general order that bowlers will come into the attack. Ai should generally follow the order but be adaptive to the conditions and game situation. e.g. fast bowlers are getting flogged so bring on spin e.g. dry wicket so bring spin on earlier e.g. desperately need wicket bring on strike bowler e.g. bring on part timers when nothing seems to be working. This will stop the Ai from making weird bowling changes and also ensure that the ai saves a few overs from their best death bowlers to finish the inns.

Should be able to bowl beamers, full tosses and those wides that go way down the leg side when we get the bowling wrong.
Spinners should also be able to bowl full tosses and balls that are dragged down when we get the bowling inputs wrong.
Full tosses that result in a wicket should be checked for waist height.

This might be seen as a very minor thing...and I'm not sre whether this is just something that I have a problem with: I tend to play in career mode using Pro Camera for batting. I love this camera for batting but can't stomach Pro Camera for running. As a result I use Fielding 2 for running. The one problem I have with this is, whereas with Pro Camera for running you can watch the ball onto the bat and get a much better sense of how you played the shot, with Fielding 2 employed it cuts to this so quickly that I lose the sense of playing the shot and seeing it leave the bat (if I get lucky enough to hit the thing). If there was some way that it could stay in Pro Camera mode until I selected the run button, I think the batting experience would feel a lot better.

There are some beautiful grounds in the link posted. It would be fantastic to see some recreated in the next edition.

Agree, and, I really just want to reiterate (and I think it's valuable to get a few hundred "likes" on this, ahem...) how important and awesome it will be to not just focus on "Big Grounds" but get more club/parks/school fields to play on too. The best ground, hands down, in the game was the Bradman Oval and getting more smaller club or park-style grounds to play on would be an absolute treat and really make that career mode feel special, having to "earn" the right to play at the MCG and stuff.

...I guess, if there is a ground-creator type feature then we can build our own, but even having the possibility of turf-pitches or dusty-mumbai style parks to play on would be extraordinary...

Personal photos for the kind of "feel" I'm wanting...

2.jpg 1.jpg

...I mean how amazing would it be to start your career in that environment?

Agree, and, I really just want to reiterate (and I think it's valuable to get a few hundred "likes" on this, ahem...) how important and awesome it will be to not just focus on "Big Grounds" but get more club/parks/school fields to play on too. The best ground, hands down, in the game was the Bradman Oval and getting more smaller club or park-style grounds to play on would be an absolute treat and really make that career mode feel special, having to "earn" the right to play at the MCG and stuff.

...I guess, if there is a ground-creator type feature then we can build our own, but even having the possibility of turf-pitches or dusty-mumbai style parks to play on would be extraordinary...

I agree and looking at all those photographs shows just what sort of variation you can have for cricket grounds. I'd love to have the option of a club match up at Bamburgh in DBC17...such a great backdrop.

Here's where I nominate my local club, which has some really nice scenery around it. Here's a photo I took during the Scotland/Afghanistan Intercontinental Cup game last year, although that's really the bad side of the ground, you can see the Wallace Monument from an alternative angle and that looks much nicer.

I do think that some smaller, "club like" grounds would be nice; especially if they expand career mode with a lower level below County Cricket where playing in the equivalent of the MCG all the time would be appropriate

I've always been quite fond of some of the "outgrounds" counties use in England. Arundel is particularly pleasing. Also have to say I liked playing at Wellington Park the most in DB14. That and Bradman Oval felt closer to smaller county grounds. I hope the game does go the way of starting career at club level, so we can have club like conditions and also to be able to set up custom test matches using the poorer conditions etc.

I think even if career mode starts at domestic level so many matches are played at club and park-style grounds anyway, that would justify their inclusion... Ideally, starting career at a "School Level" where you're playing for a first XI at a college ground would be my dream scenario.

I think even if career mode starts at domestic level so many matches are played at club and park-style grounds anyway, that would justify their inclusion... Ideally, starting career at a "School Level" where you're playing for a first XI at a college ground would be my dream scenario.

I was thinking starting in the seconds since lots of County seconds games, at least in the UK, are played at the much smaller grounds. But that would also work; although how do you generate the names of the teams?

I was thinking starting in the seconds since lots of County seconds games, at least in the UK, are played at the much smaller grounds. But that would also work; although how do you generate the names of the teams?

I'd like to see it start at a lower level also. As for generating names for teams, how about a competition once the academy is released? People could recreate their club or school teams and a certain number would be picked to be included in the career mode. This would be a great way of marketing it and generating interest at the grass roots level.

Users who are viewing this thread