Features you want to see in next iteration of Big Ant Cricket

Another little thing, i would like to be added is while you are scanning the field, an option to have player names appear on top of fielders instead of field positions, this way we can pick and target not so good fielders, were as be wary of good arms!

Another little thing, i would like to be added is while you are scanning the field, an option to have player names appear on top of fielders instead of field positions, this way we can pick and target not so good fielders, were as be wary of good arms!

would also like attributes etc. to properly determine where fielders are placed[DOUBLEPOST=1462000463][/DOUBLEPOST]i can't shake the impression that either: spinners' stock deliveries generally turn the wrong way, or they all bowl too many googlies/doosras. hopefully this is addressed.

Priority feature:

bB78znP.jpg

OUTSIDE NETS AT BREADMAN OVAL TO BE PLAYABLE!!!

...it truely is the greatest ground. Some of the details included...

Having a proper ageing system for career player can be an aesthetically pleasing experience. It should not be high on priority list of bigant but it can add to career player experience.

I like the whole cut scene deal people have thought of. The only problem is the line between cosmetic and useless and helpful and cool to have. One thing I'd like is in career mode when you're batting is to have the non striker mention stuff at the end of the over. Not every over but enoough to keep it alive. Some examples:

'Couple overs till drinks mate no need to be lofting it.'

'You're our last batsmen we need you to keep your head.'

'We're letting the run rate get out of hand, try push for some risky singles.'

'I need to be on strike so be prepared to run.'

If you're about to score your first hundred and you're batting with an experienced player:

'Just relax you've already score 90 runs 10 more won't be a challenge.'

And tips about the other team:

'His getting some good away swing watch out.'

'He's using that slower ball an awful lot.'

'Watch out he's getting his wron-un to come back nicely.'

'Square legs on his heels incase you need a single.'

Stuff like that would be extremely helpful and add to the whole aspect of helping the player. Another idea is to not control both runners in career mode. I'd much rather send my partner back as it adds realism and being told to go back...

I mentioned this early but here's more detail about how the effects of dew will be implemented

dedicated button for drying ball (effect of dew): this button is not always available in game, the game will make this button active when conditions are right

• Events that make button active: rain and/or humidity (above certain %). The need to dry the ball will become available after a rain delay and/or when humidity is above a certain percentage e.g 60%
Effects of dew:
  1. bowlers: balls are slightly off in line and length. Nothing crazy just a little bit off to what you were aiming for. e.g trying to bowl a yorker, might be a touch fuller becoming a full toss or a touch shorter then the perfect Yorker. e.g looking to bowl it good length outside off stump, ball might be a touch wider then you wanted.
  2. batsmen: outfield a touch slower
What the button does?
  • bowlers: no matter how many times you use the button during the period of dew, 5% of balls will be slightly off. The more you use the button the lower the percentage of balls off however the minimum is always 5%.
  • Test matches: the button may not be required at all or for a session or 1 hr for example. E.g Playing a test in Eng overcast conditions and weather report says humidity above 60% for that morning session. In that session dew will be a factor, if the humidity drops below 60% in 2nd session dew is no longer a factor button is disabled conditions and handicap on bowlers removed, game goes back to normal
  • ODIs, T20s: dew has a major effect esp night inns. For example if the game forecast predicted precipitation at night above 60% in a ODI. The team bowling 2nd is handicapted for the whole 2nd inns. This makes the toss very important and compositions of bowling attacks. If you are a spin dominant team and you see forecast above 60%, if you win toss you will be swayed to bowl first because of the handicap.

Last edited:
Hopefully we will be able to import our Career Player from DBC14 and continue or start a new career in DBC17. That would be really nice. :)

Hopefully we will be able to import our Career Player from DBC14 and continue or start a new career in DBC17. That would be really nice. :)
This won't be possible.

If you created your player outside of the career, you can share them to the new game, but if you made it only for the one career, they can't move across.

Under the heading of small things that make a big difference;

At the moment we know by the reaction of the player even before the appeal whether he is out or not...out equals headslump not out equals no headslump

We also know because any achievments given will come up beforej the appeal

Also when we want to appeal on a no ball we cant....would be much more interesting to find out after the appeal that it is a no ball or that when we challenge the decision we see it is a no ball on the video evidence...gutwrenching when you think you have nabbed your man only to find out you have stepped over....

Its early so this might not quite have come out as it sounds in my head.....but hopefully these things can be remedied

Last edited by a moderator:
It would be interesting feature
Like If i want to play as David Warner in the match there should be option to play only as Warner
If someone wants to play only as Gayle, Aswin , Dale Styen there should be option available

Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread