Features you want to see in next iteration of Big Ant Cricket

I'm not sure if this has been mentioned but the only addition that would really interest me would be:

Being able to instruct the partner batsman in career mode. E.g. Press RT + x = look to rotate strike, Y = Be aggressive, B = Protect your wicket, A = As normal

pre-patch 2, I wouldve said NO WAY to this coz the AI is wonky as when batting, but now that thats fixed, this would be awesome!

what would happen if you dont take your senior partner's advice though? no celebratory cutscene for partnership milestones? :lol

I'd love to see the above implmented somehow, as well as:

• Seperate XIs for FC/OD games;
  • The ability to move up/down the batting order;
  • The ability to change your player's look mid career (most people dont have the same hair/beards for 20 years straight...);
  • The square drive off the front foot.

I'd love to see the above implmented somehow, as well as:

• Seperate XIs for FC/OD games;
  • The ability to move up/down the batting order;
  • The ability to change your player's look mid career (most people dont have the same hair/beards for 20 years straight...);
  • The square drive off the front foot.

You don't have to wait long for that one, its already there!!

sigh....
If you'd asked me how to do it, I would gladly have answered but seeing as you are unware it exists, then proceed to tell me it cant be done I wont...

But if anyone else is interested...

MattW, you're a gentleman. Many thanks.

Rowdoss, I had no idea (as usual with the game, it's seemed lately!). Sorry bout that. I WAS going to do the whole over-the-top sarastic thing with the :rolleyes - I'm so glad i didn't now!

Last edited by a moderator:
i guess this is too big to patch, so i'd love this in a future iteration:

to be able to choose match types per competition in career mode, and what competitions make up a career.

this would allow us to

a) set different stumps, e.g. to have different stump sponsors in different countries etc. very good for PC with the stump mods @Madman has done
b) we could play careers in different eras so there was no T20 but a one day league and a one day cup, or go back even further and have 3 day FC, or even even further and no list a etc.

most of the things i'd like to see relate to the academy...

1.) Move compression gear into both the batting and fielding outfits. A lot of crickters wear compression gear while either batting or bowling. This would also allow wicketkeepers to effecively wear long sleeve shirts.
2.) Allow teams to have their own default compression gear for batting AND fielding, just like pads/helmets/etc.
3.) Add a toggle for glasses in the fielding attire so that you can add a pair of sunglasses to a player and not have them wear them when they bowl. Not EVERYONE is as cool as chris gayle!
4.) Make the form pieces on the hemet behind the ear on modern helmets able to have an adjustable colour well as a default colour. Like David Warner, who's ear bits are orange, even though he wears green/blue/orange helmets depending on what team he is playing for.
5.) Sweatbands on bowlers. Make em just like the batsman ones, except on the fielders kit.
6.) Maybe add accessories like a towel, or sunglasses on the back of the cap?
7.) Generally, bowlers dont wear sweaters. Make bowlers not wear jumpers or sweaters... or even make it a toggle-able option. I used to tell myself that bowlers in the subcontinent wearing sweaters was why their stamina was so poor, but thats fixed now lol...

im sure theres more but thats all i can think of while my two year old is harrassing me hehehe

most of the things i'd like to see relate to the academy...

1.) Move compression gear into both the batting and fielding outfits. A lot of crickters wear compression gear while either batting or bowling. This would also allow wicketkeepers to effecively wear long sleeve shirts.
2.) Allow teams to have their own default compression gear for batting AND fielding, just like pads/helmets/etc.
3.) Add a toggle for glasses in the fielding attire so that you can add a pair of sunglasses to a player and not have them wear them when they bowl. Not EVERYONE is as cool as chris gayle!
4.) Make the form pieces on the hemet behind the ear on modern helmets able to have an adjustable colour well as a default colour. Like David Warner, who's ear bits are orange, even though he wears green/blue/orange helmets depending on what team he is playing for.
5.) Sweatbands on bowlers. Make em just like the batsman ones, except on the fielders kit.
6.) Maybe add accessories like a towel, or sunglasses on the back of the cap?
7.) Generally, bowlers dont wear sweaters. Make bowlers not wear jumpers or sweaters... or even make it a toggle-able option. I used to tell myself that bowlers in the subcontinent wearing sweaters was why their stamina was so poor, but thats fixed now lol...

im sure theres more but thats all i can think of while my two year old is harrassing me hehehe

i'd like an option to be able to wear a hat when fielding, but not when batting. currently if you don't want them to wear a helmet, you have to set them to fielding hat, which means they're either always in a hat, or never. i'd like fielding hat and none as separate choices for batting headgear

I've said this in other threads, but the game has to have more stats. Cricket is a game built on stats and yet I feel they are lacking here.

I also think that the general presentation needs a lot of work; scorecards look really scruffy (why do the batting and bowling figures have to be on the same page?) and lack key details, the commentary is, er, not the best (and woefully inaccurate) and given the prominence of the career mode, why can't I review each season's stats? Like I say, we need more information, well-presented.

I really do think there are a number of things that Ashes 09/IC10 did right in this respect and should be borrowed from.

What would be people's thoughts on a 'franchise' style mode similar to that featured in the hugely popular Madden games or any in the same vein?
Could choose between a shorter T20 style format with IPL auction and signing players and the running of a full Aussie/English domestic team. Attracting players and developing facilities then winning trophies.
Comment?

What would be people's thoughts on a 'franchise' style mode similar to that featured in the hugely popular Madden games or any in the same vein?
Could choose between a shorter T20 style format with IPL auction and signing players and the running of a full Aussie/English domestic team. Attracting players and developing facilities then winning trophies.
Comment?

I prefer the individual career mode. Am not a big fan of management aspects of the game and wouldn't be that interested in developing the team over time.

I prefer the individual career mode. Am not a big fan of management aspects of the game and wouldn't be that interested in developing the team over time.
Fair do's. You'd could still take part in the matches as well. Would just be other activities to run off the field. Or at least that's how it worked on one of the NHL games I played before.

Users who are viewing this thread