Features you want to see in next iteration of Big Ant Cricket

would like to see the ability to have the sightscreen moved: not just a cosmetic thing but a real way of helping to concentrate on the ball. When the bowler comes round the wicket the sightscreen is slightly too short and it would be nice to have the umpire get it moved; would love to step away as the bowler is coming in! This game is so good in that regard and you need all the help you can get, just like the real stuff.
Yeah that would be a great addition but along with that they can add 2-3 types of different run-ups like wider closer to the stumps [Like Makhaya Ntini] that will bring different angles to the batsman as the swing and cutter will differ with that angle created...

Said it else where but i think the simulation needs tweaking.

Instead of racing ahead, the game would stop, resume the live action when there is a chance at a wicket, a 4 or a 6 scored by your team.

Would make the game far more immersive.

Or a highlights real perhaps?

I'd just like the simulation to happen with BARS in tact, so the simulated innings get full wagonwheels. Even if it slightly slows down the sim, it just looks odd seeing centuries with only a few shots on them.

Cricket 07's end of innings highlights was really good, though in that case, didn't attempt to have them for simulated wickets, though all the stats graphs were complete.

I would seriously love DBC to get a highlights reel feature happening. They're quite formulaic on tv, would have thought it was doable.

I'd love to be able to have wagon wheels and highlight reels permanently available for 50s and 100s in career mode.

I'd just like the simulation to happen with BARS in tact, so the simulated innings get full wagonwheels. Even if it slightly slows down the sim, it just looks odd seeing centuries with only a few shots on them.

Cricket 07's end of innings highlights was really good, though in that case, didn't attempt to have them for simulated wickets, though all the stats graphs were complete.

Why is that not in the current one, is it hard to make that happen, asking from the coding point of view??

Braindump, in no particular order and without reference to what anyone else has said (bite me):

1. Skip/simulate matches in career
  2. Option for no captaincy offer, or the ability to turn it down if offered.
  3. Graphics - not for aesthetics but for gameplay. 720p on a 100" screen at 3.5m doesn't really cut it.
  4. Bowling nets.
  5. Fielding skill points - ramp them up like batting and bowling.
  6. Fielding practice - equivalent to nets for ramping up skill points.
  7. Pitch inspections - available at beginning of match, start of day and between innings.
  8. Configurable controls. PS3 controller is a POS, being able to configure the best button combinations for the most used actions would be a major benefit.
  9. Career mode, being able to field offers from other teams between seasons.
  10. Career mode - have a larger hierarchy, 16 year olds should really be starting in fourth grade. It will also make me feel less guilty about holding down the #3 spot in a first class team with an average of 4.32. There comes a time when I really need to be dropped, but there's nowhere to go at the moment.
  11. Injuries, retired hurt etc - there are only so many times you should be able to headbutt the ball before an enforced rest. Same for fast bowlers, repeated 20 over efforts = stress fractures. Or, you could play as Shane Watson and be forced to miss two out of every three games through injury.
  12. It would be nice if the odd Sri Lankan, Pakistani or NZ cricketer is banned for chucking. Kidding.

If I were forced to commit to what I think is the most important for me, I'd go for 8, 10, 3 then 4.

I'm going to try keep my wish-list as realistically feasible as possible for future iterations:

- Innings tracking: worms, manhattans. These are sorely missed
- Injuries in career mode: see Cricket 2004.
- Getting dropped in career mode if you perform badly.
- Ability to adjust lineups in career mode based on rosters for each team - just like when entering a casual match.
- More noticeable weather conditions. Particularly cloud cover. See Ricky Ponting Cricket 05 - rolling shadows across the ground.
- Different crowd audio dependent on where in the world you are playing. Screaming fans in India. Horns and drums in the West Indies. See Brian Lara Cricket 99.
- More outfield patterns. Dry grass with no mowed patterns for the subcontinent. Lush green grass for England and New Zealand.

That will do me!

1. More choice of stadiums either licenced or fictional.
  2. Half centuries and centuries celebrations. Assigned with choice of button.
  3. Online cups and leagues. With a draft or auction choice
  4. The ability to intimidate a batsman with a bowler, drain his confidence.
  5. IPL cheerleaders well why not.
  6. Better commentary it’s awful and repeats like its talking to an old deaf person.
  7. Better icon/badges for custom teams. I don’t get the dinosaur one
  8. The ability to change teams line up in career mode and they retire
  9. Contracts in career and a team can bid for you
  10. Central contracts international
  11. Newspaper headlines in career mode, of either good or bad news depending on what player has done.
  12. Injuries
  13. Jackets for the captains at the toss and maybe a small interview. You get the option to choose a response
  14. Morale for a team that effects form and as a captain you have to a find balance and keep the team happy and winning.
  15. Sub fielder maybe but not important.
  16. More domestic leagues

Why is that not in the current one, is it hard to make that happen, asking from the coding point of view??

Depends on whether you want the BARS stuff to contain useful information.

If you just want a pretty picture, that would be relatively easy to do - but it would possibly change each time you looked at the wagon wheel, and the system would probably break when half of an AI batsman's innings is randomly generated, and half is representing what's been happening while you're down at the non-strikers end.

If you want to use it to, say, get a lead on the line and length the bowler has been concentrating on (or conversely, where the batsman has been scoring most of his runs), you'd need for the system to generate full results for each delivery.

How easy that would be comes down to how Big Ant have done the AI vs AI stuff - and how tied in with the animations it is. One effect (assuming they _can_ decouple it from the animations) would be to make simulation take longer. Potentially a lot longer because you need to also simulate where the field is, every delivery. It would also increase the size of the save files, and possibly memory requirements.

The thing is we're not talking about human vs human interaction. So there's a limited amount of useful information in an AI vs AI wagon wheel in the first place - the batsman _isn't_ making decisions to focus on playing straight because the balls moving around, the bowler _isn't_ deciding to bang them in hard because the AI batsman has a tendency to hook. So the kinds of inferences one can draw from a wagon wheel generated in the meat can't really be drawn from one you might get by simulating here.

If it's just a pretty picture, it might as well be the same every time ...

In the interests of realism I would like to see a side-game in career mode, where you can enter into spot- and match-fixing arrangements. The payoff could be extra career points or skill upgrades, whereas the risks would be (a) getting caught and banned or (b) being taken out the back and shot by irate bookies if you miss the fix. Both would mean career over, although you may be able to get the penalty reduced on appeal. In the first case anyway.

Also, I would like to see a tournament (call it "Champions League T20" or something else catchy) where every second off-spinner is accused of chucking. Maybe not that much fun, but emphatically realistic.

I would like to see playable cats in DBC 15. Fur rendering has come an awful long way in the last few years, but no cricket game has yet taken full advantage.

I would like to see playable cats in DBC 15. Fur rendering has come an awful long way in the last few years, but no cricket game has yet taken full advantage.

Nice.

I would like to see a tournament between AFL teams. Kits accurate down to the boots.

Seriously, I would like that.

it would be great if they can work on the following two things.

Make more stats visible during game. Things like manhattan, run rate graph should be standard.

Next, the big thing is fielding animations. It needs to be smoothed out a lot more. Specially wicketkeeper animations, where he jumps around suddenly to catch a ball that the fielder is returning. Being a wicketkeeper he should be able to judge the ball much quickly and already be in position to recieve the ball properly. Also one hamded catch ny the wicketkeeper needs to stop. It feels like a lot of catching animation for the fielders were also used for the wicketkeeper.

Id like to see an improvement to the wicketkeeper animations. This one frequent animation when the keeper slides across and takes the ball one handed looks particularly bad.

Users who are viewing this thread