Features you want to see in next iteration of Big Ant Cricket

What about people (like me) who don't really follow the NRL but prefer it in principle because the AFL is a serious threat to cricket in Australia?

Cos they are robbing the talent pool? Its slowly becoming more of the other way round. Cricket, in particular T20 cricket is more of a threat to AFL. Cricket is one of the most lucrative sports in the world these days. Mitch Marsh could have played half back for West Coast Eagles but he chose cricket as an example. Shane Warne played reserves for St Kilda.

Last edited:
What about people (like me) who don't really follow the NRL but prefer it in principle because the AFL is a serious threat to cricket in Australia?

Simply design your own NRL-based cricket teams! Some of the settings you might find useful are:

neck length = 0
eyebrow count=1
brow overhang=+100
strength=max
stamina=meh
IQ = 12

:D

Cos they are robbing the talent pool? Its becoming more of the other way round. Cricket, in particular T20 cricket is more of a threat to AFL. Cricket is one of the most lucrative sports in the world these days. Mitch Marsh could have played half back for West Coast Eagles but he chose cricket.

NRL will never be a threat to cricket because talent isn't required to 'play' that sport. NRL's biggest threat is AFL in every aspect.

Nah look at the number of AFL players who were top junior cricketers and chose aussie rules, as opposed to the number who decided to continue with cricket. The AFL is still far more attractive in that there are a lot more opportunities for a decent career earning reasonable money than in professional cricket due to the sheer number of contracted players (18 teams of 40+ players with an average salary of $260,000 as opposed to 6 domestic cricket squads of maybe 20 with a much lower salary if not centrally contracted with CA). And even top IPL contracts (reserved for superstars) are only about even with high-end AFL contracts. T20 might shift the balance slightly back towards cricket but the monetary incentives are still overwhelmingly in the AFL's favour.
Off the field too, the AFL's financial clout is (in my view) damaging to cricket - see the hideous redevelopment of the formerly gorgeous Adelaide Oval, or the now-permanent use of drop-in pitches at the MCG for examples of changes demanded by the AFL that have (again, in my view) negatively affected cricket.

Which is basically why I want a strong NRL - to keep a check on AFL's financial dominance.

PS @autocrat say hello to Mr. Gruntward Thugly.

Attachments

• gthugly.png
    gthugly.png
    71.8 KB · Views: 90
Last edited:
It used to be that you could do both - Mick Malone played for Subi in the early 70s and still managed to get a game for Australia. Not possible any more.

Nah look at the number of AFL players who were top junior cricketers and chose aussie rules, as opposed to the number who decided to continue with cricket. The AFL is still far more attractive in that there are a lot more opportunities for a decent career earning reasonable money than in professional cricket due to the sheer number of contracted players (18 teams of 40+ players with an average salary of $260,000 as opposed to 6 domestic cricket squads of maybe 20 with a much lower salary if not centrally contracted with CA). And even top IPL contracts (reserved for superstars) are only about even with high-end AFL contracts. T20 might shift the balance slightly back towards cricket but the monetary incentives are still overwhelmingly in the AFL's favour.
Off the field too, the AFL's financial clout is (in my view) damaging to cricket - see the hideous redevelopment of the formerly gorgeous Adelaide Oval, or the now-permanent use of drop-in pitches at the MCG for examples of changes demanded by the AFL that have (again, in my view) negatively affected cricket.

Which is basically why I want a strong NRL - to keep a check on AFL's financial dominance.

PS @autocrat say hello to Mr. Gruntward Thugly.

Umm might just be me but personally Im of the opinion that the redeveloped Adelaide Oval has made it the best stadium in the country. Its amazing.

The thing with cricket I think is that a cricket career lasts a lot longer than an AFL career. You can play up to your late 30's. And reaching the highest level I think is more attractive than with AFL. Sure there are less clubs, but if you make state you're not amongst a million others trying to make it to the highest level like in AFL where youre amongst a sea of players in SANFL, WAFL, VFL, reserves, colts etc.

Plus a baggy green, IPL contract, playing overseas in exotic locations and the cash is pretty damn enticing. Many current and former cricketers made the Top 50 BRW highest earner list for sportsmen. Not one AFL player made the list.

And here we have it ladies and gentlemen. A rare and endangered species in his natural habitat. A follower of a sport that no one watches or cares about, where no skill or intelligence is required to play, which requires no understanding to watch, because there is nothing to understand. I give you the NRL supporter.

:-p

Our RLL games have sold better than AFL and DBC. Just because people don't go to the game doesn't mean much, it's an ideal sport for TV.

I'll be flying up for the NRL GF on Sunday if anyone wants to catch up :)

I think for not creating the problem of player strength and other stuff, BA should take the real team lineup the complete 30 for each team and set the attributes, strength and others and fix them in the game i.e gamers would be able to only edit their facial features, height, weight , looks and the kits but not be able to edit the attributes stuff [includes the fielding, batting and bowling attributes of a player]...This will create the balance in the game....And for avoiding confusion as who the player is, the names should be like Hamish Amal for Hashim Amla, Abade Viliers for Ab De Villiers something like that with which the player name is understandable...

I wonder if you could do a card based thing like they do for nfl and nba ultimate team you could trade players sell buy cards red ant would make money cause for people to get good sides might buy packs have like rookie cards normal cards legend cards team of the week cards rare cards gold silver bronze hot cards cold cards player ratting

Our RLL games have sold better than AFL and DBC. Just because people don't go to the game doesn't mean much, it's an ideal sport for TV.

Hey Ross any chance of the nrl or dbc to get into ultimate team like in fifa nfl or nba like nba have not many players and they can do it more players in cricket then nba you could do,rookie cards legend cards gold silver bronze cards team of the weeks it be mad

Hard to do ultimate team without extensive licenses.

Wow. Even RLL1 sold better that dbc? Either way that sucks. Expected dbc to sell a lot more.

1. some more realistic stadium around the world
2. stadium location editable for competion mode
3. team stats (for all completed matches) like DBC academy->players->player stats in order further update real time ranking system based on win% for all 3 modes
4. graphics improvement (to represent on ps4/xbox1)
5. more scorcard/stats themes insated of black/gray only theme
6. live broadcast logo like in ea fifa
7. more higher difficulty
8. real time bouncers/body hit/riterd hurt meter
9. more ground designs along plain/dusty green like in asian grounds
10. slow bowler speed along with RPM as manual option (i.e. either RPM or speed)
11. Font size changeable (a bit large) along with font design option
12. outfiled ground options like damp, dry, green and accordingly ball reach to boundary
13. some more kit designs
14. coach mode
15. more realistic and action cameras speciall during fielding if one turn off ball tail and circle mark, ball looks like a dot
16. more relistic dives during fielding

but still big thanks to big ant for providing such a beautiful game along with providing two way communication channel after game released. :)))))

Users who are viewing this thread