Features you want to see in next iteration of Big Ant Cricket

Nice.

I would like to see a tournament between AFL teams. Kits accurate down to the boots.

Seriously, I would like that.
I've made all 18 afl teams and an all stars squad with several kits for each team. They're up to date as of the pretrade period. Check them out and see if you can make improvements to player likenesses or add more players. I've been playing a premiership season. Only problem is you can have more than 16 teams so I use a relegation system. That's something I'd like: as good as it is already, more customisability so I can make the finals system the same as afl rather than 1v 8 and 2v 7 and so on.

Playing with lamefl teams in a cricket game? Why not just buy the lamefl video game that already exists?

Please bigant don't ever put lamefl teams in the game in the future

Playing with lamefl teams in a cricket game? Why not just buy the lamefl video game that already exists?

Made NRL teams too if you're interested...;)

Sir, you have offended my honour. I demand satisfaction or duel.

Well if were asking for the impossible. A video animation at the beginning of Bradman. Geoffrey Boycott makes his wife hurl the food shopping at him and his typical style “come on pitch it up, you can do better than that. Now the tin of peas” His wife is out of breath well because she is old. He covers drives a Satsuma “that’s my favourite area that is”.

I'm going to try keep my wish-list as realistically feasible as possible for future iterations:

- Innings tracking: worms, manhattans. These are sorely missed
- Injuries in career mode: see Cricket 2004.
- Getting dropped in career mode if you perform badly.
- Ability to adjust lineups in career mode based on rosters for each team - just like when entering a casual match.
- More noticeable weather conditions. Particularly cloud cover. See Ricky Ponting Cricket 05 - rolling shadows across the ground.
- Different crowd audio dependent on where in the world you are playing. Screaming fans in India. Horns and drums in the West Indies. See Brian Lara Cricket 99.
- More outfield patterns. Dry grass with no mowed patterns for the subcontinent. Lush green grass for England and New Zealand.

That will do me!
the last 3 points are definite's for me.
loving this game but the lack of atmosphere niggles me.
seems like no matter where you play in the world it's all the same.
i'm wondering if it would be possible to do this in a DLC?

Not sure if this has been mentioned before, but one useful addition could be integrating a "tactics algorithm" in the game. Mainly in Career mode.

If I am batting at no.4 or if I have batted long enough, I should be able to tell my batting partner to calm the hell down and not hit risky shots. Or if its the last over the match with 10 runs needed, I should be able to tell the tailender on strike to try and get the strike over to me (if I am the set batsman). It wont be easy to balance something like that, but if done well it could take the already-brilliant mental aspects of the game to a whole new level.

Could be controlled by the d-pad keys during the game - something on the lines of how we set offensive-defensive tactics in FIFA.

Made NRL teams too if you're interested...;)

Sir, you have offended my honour. I demand satisfaction or duel.

I'm really hoping you've plucked that from The Simpsons! Love that episode!

the last 3 points are definite's for me.
loving this game but the lack of atmosphere niggles me.
seems like no matter where you play in the world it's all the same.
i'm wondering if it would be possible to do this in a DLC?
Think that’s a good point the lack of atmosphere. A T20 is the atmosphere of a test and the crowds in England as in India are the same.

Not sure if this has been mentioned before, but one useful addition could be integrating a "tactics algorithm" in the game. Mainly in Career mode.

If I am batting at no.4 or if I have batted long enough, I should be able to tell my batting partner to calm the hell down and not hit risky shots. Or if its the last over the match with 10 runs needed, I should be able to tell the tailender on strike to try and get the strike over to me (if I am the set batsman). It wont be easy to balance something like that, but if done well it could take the already-brilliant mental aspects of the game to a whole new level.

Could be controlled by the d-pad keys during the game - something on the lines of how we set offensive-defensive tactics in FIFA.
I love the sound of this, would be amazing, could be difficult to implement though.

Big Ants footy game had on-the-fly tactics - surely it would be easy to implement in a cricket game when you're batting. There are two players on the field as opposed to 18 in a game of AFL.

More beards/moustaches! Making old Test players in the Academy has really shown me the breadth of human imagination when it comes to facial hair (and the limitations of the DBC engine in recreating it).

A career mode that isn't static

Ie; The team rosters actually change after a season or two.

Career mode needs a big boost for the next version, its very bare bones at the moment.

And here we have it ladies and gentlemen. A rare and endangered species in his natural habitat. A follower of a sport that no one watches or cares about, where no skill or intelligence is required to play, which requires no understanding to watch, because there is nothing to understand. I give you the NRL supporter.

:-p

And here we have it ladies and gentlemen. A rare and endangered species in his natural habitat. A follower of a sport that no one watches or cares about, where no skill or intelligence is required to play, which requires no understanding to watch, because there is nothing to understand. I give you the NRL supporter.

:-p

What about people (like me) who don't really follow the NRL but prefer it in principle because the AFL is a serious threat to cricket in Australia?

Users who are viewing this thread