Features you want to see in next iteration of Big Ant Cricket

Win And Score Prediction. When batting 1st it calculated what score you should get, and when batting 2nd it gives a percentage prediction of whether you will win.

Ok. So essentially a variation of D/L but without a cutoff (i.e., 20 overs for odis and 5 overs for T20) and a probability (%ge) instead of the actual target scores.

Its a new thing they're showing off on sky sports in UK, I think its a kiwi idea. Seems a bit pointless to me but some people seem to like it. Basically it takes the average score on the pitch and factors in conditions batsman etc and then gives you a prediction, the thing is it changes nearly every ball and seems just another gimmicky BS way of giving useless information, a bit like channel nines weather wall, but without the great Tony Greig!

Its a new thing they're showing off on sky sports in UK, I think its a kiwi idea. Seems a bit pointless to me but some people seem to like it. Basically it takes the average score on the pitch and factors in conditions batsman etc and then gives you a prediction, the thing is it changes nearly every ball and seems just another gimmicky BS way of giving useless information, a bit like channel nines weather wall, but without the great Tony Greig!

People always like new things. I'm not convinced at all thus far: it seems no more accurate than your own reading in most cases to be honest. You'd be better off watching betting patterns or, preferably, double the score at the 30th over. :-)

@Chief I totally agree, its not like it makes a rats a**e of difference to the outcome. Don't get me wrong, despite being a traditionalist I do appreciate some if the technology used today like hawkeye and the various graphs and displays but this wasp thing is complete tosh to be honest. You don't need a predictor to tell you that when needing 30 off the last over there is a low percentage you'll get it! Ffs!! I feel a bit let down bumble hasn't said anything about it, they all seem to like it!!

@Chief I totally agree, its not like it makes a rats a**e of difference to the outcome. Don't get me wrong, despite being a traditionalist I do appreciate some if the technology used today like hawkeye and the various graphs and displays but this wasp thing is complete tosh to be honest. You don't need a predictor to tell you that when needing 30 off the last over there is a low percentage you'll get it! Ffs!! I feel a bit let down bumble hasn't said anything about it, they all seem to like it!!

Well they are probably under orders to like it as they have to use and promote it.

Also I think its more useful for the casual cricket watcher. Those of us who understand the nuances of the game know to double the score at 30 overs etc and can get a feel for ourselves. My mum for example only watches cricket because of my Dad and even then she only watches the really big games (and only if they are involving England) so for her it was quite useful when I was up at my parents during the game on Saturday as Dad and I had the cricket on and she could see easily the state of the match without having to ask. So for those types of people its helpful I think.

I suspect they are probably told to "like it". :-)

England had a 0% chance of victory at various points in Saturday's game. They touched 5% and 7% and then were suddenly about 80% a few overs later.
More meaningless technical fluff - there simply cannot be people watching that need that sort of indicator.

Does the WASP system factor in the quality of batsmen and the teams involved? For example India chasing 300 in a odi with batsmen like Kohli and Dhoni in the batting lineup should have a much better chance of winning (thus a higher WASP) than say Zimbabwe chasing the same score against the same opponents.

I think it probably does @cricket_online but as chief said its completely unnecessary as anyone who doesn't understand the game that badly wouldn't be watching it unless someone else in the room was a fan in which case you could ask them or listen to the commentators whose job it is to be informative. I have been sceptical of other things that have come into the sport but could always see the logic or the reason behind it but this WASP is about as useful as tits on a bull or a chocolate fire guard.

Last edited:
I think it would be a nice feature if you can select to be the umpire and spectate the match but get to make decisions. Also a way to play multiplayer with more than just 2 or 4 players. :yes

Celebrations of milestones and wickets

In the next game or the next patch, they should implement a more exciting way to reach 100, 150, 200 etc (Celebrations). For example, when you score 100, the batsman does not take his helmet off and reacts the exact same way he got 50. Perhaps something like an intense cutscene and the batsman does a David Warner leap or fist pumps the air.

The same is with the bowlers, say if the equation is 2 runs to win off the final delivery. The bowler would take a wicket or a dot ball and the reaction is normal from the fielding side. Something like the team running to the bowler and jumping on top of him or the bowler just runs wild with his arms spread.

This is certainly a feature that I would like to see the next edition of Big Ant Cricket or patch 3 or 4.

Last edited:
Don Bradman Cricket 15 Ideas + Suggestions

It may be too early to be doing this, but I believe I have a creative mind for thinking of wicked new features for my favorite video games.

DBC 14 is a fantastic game and was a great addition to what was a very poor and limited market (Cricket Video Games). It may have been a bit buggy but the features were amazing and at least it arrived. I have to say a HUGE thanks to the whole of the Big Ant Studios team and Tru Blu entertainment for making a great cricket game that was wanted by so many people.

I'm hoping the game was successful enough to bring ideas to Big Ant to consider a second addition to the game.

These are my ideas and suggestions for improvements and additions to new features. Many of them are about career mode as I am a big fan of the feature as I have played similar modes in other sports games. I haven't mentioned any online improvements as I haven't played online modes due to the outrageous cost of Xbox Live.

* A clearer overall rating for all players. This could be an average rating based on the skills in their position. (E.g a wicketkeeper wouldn't have a lower rating because he is terrible at bowling)
* Cut scene of players and coaches watching the game from the pavilion.
* Quick highlights of a batsmen's time in the crease when he reaches a fifty/century.
* More celebrations and reactions as the current ones are very repetitive.
* More focus on the fans and their reactions to wickets/boundaries.
* There should be an option as to whether a user wants a small radar added to gameplay screen to show the positions of the fielders as dots.
* More grounds. A ground creator would be cool.
* Two commentary teams to choice from: Two Australians, Two British maybe.
* Match highlights after games: Wickets and Boundaries. (No highlights if player has simulated the whole game).
* A clearer action when a player knocks of the bails in a run-out. At the moment, it is a bit of a mix between a direct hit and a stumping. Maybe the player could catch it before knocking off the bails.
* Cheerleaders to IPL to add to the tradition and atmosphere.
* Better attacking ground shots (these are played by pressing LT + RT on Xbox). My batsmen have been caught in the field many times when playing these shots, which seems unrealistic.

* Manager mode added to career mode with transfer activity available in certain periods of the mode.
* Match practice should be added in manager career mode and should be the training mode.
* Different and clearer interface in the manager career mode. (The player career we have at the moment has a very basic interface).
* Ability to manage international teams in manager mode.
* Ability to watch or play games in manager mode.
* Player growth in player and manager career modes.
* A manager should have the choice to invest in youth recruitment. Maybe one player a month could be promoted to the first team which would have lower random stats and random personal details. Perhaps they could have regenerated stats from a player that had recently retired.
* A league/tournament with custom teams in Career Mode.
* When you are simulating a match in career mode, it would be great if the game stopped whenever your player (only when fielding/keeping) (in player career mode) had a runout chance or catch possibility. I doubt people are going to field/keep for a whole test match.

I hope this doesn't sound like to much criticism. I have been thinking of these ideas for a week now. Hopefully one or two of the smaller ideas can be included in a future patch to DBC 14.

Last edited:
Merged above thread into this existing thread

For me the problem with the WASP is because it moves and is only giving you a snapshot.

Essentially it?s telling you in the 2nd innings, what percentage of games the batting side would win right now. But say a side is chasing 250 and collapses to 100/6 after 35 overs, their WASP is gonna be low. But then they have a recovery, and get to 240/7 with 2 overs left, their WASP is gonna be high. But just seeing ?85? now, and ?12? earlier is meaningless.

It would be much better to see the starting/lowest/highest and current WASP, throughout the innings. It?d give more info.

Users who are viewing this thread