Features you want to see in next iteration of Big Ant Cricket

Just started playing ODIs from Yesterday. Bad to see the batting order of Indian Team. Where is Dhoni, the pillar of India? He should be back in the lineup as a captain. Dinesh Karthik couldn't be a wicket keeper when Dhoni hasn't been retired :D Also Yuvraj Singh batting as Trailender should be changed. Please fix that in the next update.

Just started playing ODIs from Yesterday. Bad to see the batting order of Indian Team. Where is Dhoni, the pillar of India? He should be back in the lineup as a captain. Also Yuvraj Singh batting as Trailender should be changed. Please fix that in the next update.
You have to do that yourself, or manually look for a team in the academy that is updated. Big Ant don't make the teams.

You have to do that yourself, or manually look for a team in the academy that is updated. Big Ant don't make the teams.
But how could we set that up in Career mode? We can't select members from Career mode.

You have to go through the teams in the academy and set the batting line ups, then start a new career. It doesn't come into effect for a current career.

i don't know big ant working on patch or dbc 15,so,anyone tell me suggestion should be give for patch 3 or dbc 15

I think he is asking whether suggestions should be given for the Patch 3 or the next iteration....

i don't know big ant working on patch or dbc 15,so,anyone tell me suggestion should be given for patch 3 or dbc 15
If its some new features that you would like to share for the next version share here...If its regarding gameplay bug or rectification stuff post them in Patch 3 wishlist thread.

I would love to see career mode upgraded to something similar that one of the Tiger Woods golf games had in 2004 or 2005 where you can gain sponsorships, earn money, distribute your skills points how you want and have all different equipment you can change to when you want as well as editing your player kit and hair styles in the menus.

So equipment in career mode that you can buy with money you earn in your career could give attribute point boosts, so for example one of the best bats could give a +5 or +10 in power or shoes could give +5 acceleration but other lower bats could be +1 in off side, +3 back foot, a helmet could be +3 toughness etc... you get the drift. But then sponsorship equipment that you can earn is the best of the best and offers unique ability increases not available to purchase but if you are offered sponsorship deals on say gloves, pads, bats and shoes you can get a special full kit bonus to your skills. A list of equipment I would have that could be purchased or sponsored would be

Bat
Helmet
Gloves
Pads
Shoes
Pants
Arm guard
Sweat wrist band
Sweat head band
Wrist band
Necklace
Sunglasses
Compression gear

Stuff like the wrist band, necklace, sunglasses and compression gear I wouldn't give any major skills increases just maybe have it as a way to earn small money, but if I remember correctly in the Tiger Woods game those sort of stuff upgraded your luck and stuff like that so maybe that's something that could be added.

So you can get offered sponsorships and earn money to use to on equipment but also maybe have end of season awards in domestic and international seasons such as player of the year and young player of the year, batsman of the year, bowler of the year, test/shield/county player of the year, ODI/List A player of the year which give you money or sponsorship deals as well as man of the match awards which give you money that you can use to buy equipment but also as a young player these awards increase your standing in attracting your early sponsorships.

Another thing would be to have a role within the team - Captain, star player, key player, designated hitter, strike bowler, contain bowler etc... stuff like that so that you get goals from your coach/captain relative yo your role to achieve which give you skill points to increase and maybe even money. As you improve you get increased roles and requirements from "score a 50/maintain an average of 35" to "lead the team in scoring this series"

Eventually I think if you're captain you should have complete control over team selection and batting line up but I haven't progressed far enough to know whether this exists or not. It would also be great if we could have a domestic season for every test nation in the world or the ability to fully customise and add competitions in to the career mode.

Some good points there @Bluebagger. I would like it if at the very least, the academy was available during your career so editing your players kit/look as well as changing batting lineups and adding/removing players as the years progress. With kits, it would be great to have the big brands in the game, although licenses are an issue, with mods not currently available on console, and which brand you assign as the best could cause problems/whingeing amongst differing countries! For me, Gray Nichols would have to be the best!

Yep completely agree on the academy, even just a watered down version of the academy to do basic editing. I think the captain should get complete control of selection which gives you something to build on. I really do hope it is possible to create or mod on the PC, upload it to the academy and download it on consoles.

It would be really good, however I don't know if this is difficult to implement or not, to have either form built in for the AI players or the ability for the AI to have lineups relative to the playing conditions as opposed to just the XI that is in the Academy. For instance, I have the Pakistan lineup set to their test lineups against Australia and New Zealand recently but obviously that is a bowling attack suited to slow, gripping pitches and would probably not be their bowling lineup on a Kiwi or English green top so in the situation the AI drops a spinner for an extra quick or Australia go over to Asia and it's a dusty pitch they drop a quick for an extra spinner, just to give it a sense of realism. Perhaps even your career player can move up the order when performing well and get older.

With the equipment brands, yeah it would be a bit funny without sponsorships but personally I'm not too fussed with them. I've sort of associated a few brands in game with real life ones and edited players accordingly. If we could get a few top brands that would be awesome but sadly I think these licenses cost way too much money but who knows maybe they could strike a deal.

That leaves me to this point - maybe the academy could be expanded to included customised logos and sponsorships like Pro Evolution Soccer had (still have?) in the past? I had one Pro Evo game where I had created all of the top kit manufactures thanks to online tuts and they looked great

I'm sure it has been mentioned before but I really think this game also needs extra stadiums, even a host of generic ones just so when you play a tour you're not playing in one stadium for 7-12 matches

Oh, and I was always a Slazenger kind of guy. V100 with the red grip, classic! GM was a close second too I loved their re-design around 1996/97. It seemed like everyone I played with or against had GN bats and their checkered designs are awesome.

Last edited:
I know I bang on about wanting more stats a lot, and after giving it some thought here are a few things I think could add to the career mode in future.

1: the commentary team talk about highest partenerships, best bowling figures, high scores (team and player) on the grounds you are playing on and a list to appear during cut scenes showing the top ten similar to what's seen on TV when you're nearing the said records. Possibly an achievement for getting in the list and another for topping it! (Record Breaker)

2: similarly as above for your player the commentary team mention when you've scored 1000 runs/50 wickets for the season (1st class) in game. Possibly an achievement also.

3: a calendar or dates for career and again the commentary could mention when you score 1000 runs in May (1st class) with possibly a new achievement for it.

4: a graphic showing your last few innings (6 maybe) and when playing internationals, your scores/wickets in the current series for the format you're playing.

5: birthday mentions from the comm team, "celebrates his b'day with a ton" "oh dear, a duck and on his b'day"(the least important request by far)

Adding to this the PA could also announce when certain records have been broken/achievements made.

Again I must stress in future games that when the player walks out to bat the graphic should be changed to show the stats correctly for the different formats as those similar to TV. eg for 1st class: M. I. NO. R. 50s. 100s. Av

@MattW you did some great graphics recently for things on the info bar etc and I wonder if you'd be interested in giving some of these a go, or anyone with a working knowledge of graphics etc.

On the subject of TV graphics, maybe it would be possible to show them slightly differently in the different countries matches are being played. Similar to say Sky in UK, Channel 9 in Aus, Star in India, Supersport(I think) in SA etc.
Finally, the player list when picking your team, should not just show a batting/bowling icon but the type of bowler/handedness etc.
There you go guys, ill try not to mention stats again(can't promise that though) and don't get me wrong, I love this game, I love the sport and DB14 IMO is a fantastic 1st effort, these are simply suggestions for improving my experience for future versions.

1, 2, 3 & 4 would be good. 5 I'm not so fussed. I think the highest score needs to be included in the stats when walking out to bat too. I agree about showing more when picking a team too, makes it more informative when you know nothing about a team.

I would like BA to borrow a few things from SW/BLC 99

1. Records. Keeping a record of your best team and individual stats across all formats would be great. Keeping a list of team records was very fun to keep track off. EG.

Batting:
Highest team total:
Lowest team total:
Highest score:
Highest partnership:
Fastest 50
Fastest 100
Most 4's
Most 6's
Most individual runs in a test series (2,3,4,5,6 tests separate)

Bowling/Fielding:
Highest team total:
Lowest team total:
Best bowling innings
Best bowling match
Most catches
Most stumpings
Most run outs
Most wickets in a test series

Maybe even a list of hat tricks? Unless this is already in the game and I haven't seen it?

2. Seasons. Since there are many individual tours which is great it would be even better to play seasons mode from say 1 to up to 20 years of every tour for that particular nation.

It would be good to have a bit more customisation with creating a competition. Ability to play 4 round robbins, best of 3 finals, more room for more tour matches, create group stage tournaments and include a super 6 mode for re-creating certain tournaments

Users who are viewing this thread