Features you want to see in next iteration of Big Ant Cricket

This is the type of bowling we want to see in the game, where you can actually have the batsman in trouble and build pressure.

This is the type of bowling we want to see in the game, where you can actually have the batsman in trouble and build pressure.

I bowl with that kind of feel in the game but looking at the AI play I just come back to normal self...;)

My suggestions :
  1. Batting: Game play and shots are not at all realistic except some ...and Batsmen should play according to match situation.. in this version while playing vs comp if they need 5/10 /15 runs from last over..the approach is same..this need to be changed
  2. Fielding ..need to change non realistic fielding like...running from 30 yard circle to boundary line and taking a catch..(i have seen lot of them). and fielding positions like 3-4 slips for a spin bowler .
  3. Bowling: Bowling changes according to match situations...(i hit a bowler for 6 sixes in his first two overs..and he is bowling the third).Different bowling actions ...like Malinga..Mcgrath..Akram..Anderson ,
  4. Professional commentators, better graphics , editable kits and etc like PES series ...

Last edited:
I'm somewhat surprised commentators are winning the poll.

Yes, me too - I think the commentary could be improved in terms of how the game uses the recorded audio (mentioning player and team names more often, only defaulting to "the batting team" or "the new bowler" or whatever if there's no name already specified, and not repeating themselves so much), but in terms of getting actual, expensive "big name" voice talent in, I honestly couldn't give a toss.

I honestly forgot the game had commentators... I turned them off very early, to enjoy the lovely sound effects, although having team-dependent crowds would be nice.

Although I don't see what the point was recording all of those names, including many of the people on this forum, for them barely to be read out by the commentators.

Commentary should adapt the side of making us play better with comments like he is playing it too early today, unnecessary slogging by the "player name"...They should think about building a partnership...After a few overs tell about what the pitch might do like "If the players see of this till the 15th over then the ball will come on the bat a lot better"...When a field is changed and we did not notice something like "Oh ,the mid wicket had been vacant for a long time now"...Casual statements rather than something that feels robotic...This bowler uses a lot of variations etc..Things like this will make players to play according to the conditions and get that feel of realistic gameplay...

If possible they can even allow us to record commentary and add it to the game, think about a way to mod them as well...Maybe categories to put it under after recording...

Commentary names show up more after (I believe) one of the earlier patches, I forget which one. Certainly in my comedy team (and Matts) we've got some fantastic ones that is worth keeping commentary on to hear. Still should happen more than it does though...

Another one addition I would like to the game is the ability to move around the crease more smoothly and easily...Its more of taking stance now but ability to move across even in the last moment like ABD does would be great for both offline and especially online, adds a new challenge to the game...

I was thinking about the stats today(there's a shock!), and another thing I'd like is the ability to look back year on year thorougout your career, also adding to that, a breakdown of which skill level you played, and how you faired on each skill level. e.g

Legend

M I NO R Av
1st
List A etc etc..

Pro etc etc ...
Hope that makes sense, I'm a bit techy dense.

and another thing I'd like is the ability to look back year on year thorougout your career

I think the ability to show all your scores in a particular format as a bar graph, with milestones highlighted is a must. ...and presenting it during a relevant match as well, especially Tests, would really break up the monotony of "ground sweep camera movement" every other field change.

I think the ability to show all your scores in a particular format as a bar graph, with milestones highlighted is a must. ...and presenting it during a relevant match as well, especially Tests, would really break up the monotony of "ground sweep camera movement" every other field change.

Good idea. I'd also like them to use the captain motioning, or fielders jogging into position, in close up for the cut scenes. There are so many good likenesses in the academy, but apart from bowlers at the beginning of their spells you never see them clearly.

I'd even keep it reasonably simple, they don't use stump camera nearly enough and you could easily cut to that camera a few times, have players walking into their fielding positions or whatever and throw up whatever relevant stats from the players batting, or bowling at that time... flash up the ol' worm or other interesting stats.

I LOVED in one of the earlier videos they had a scroll-bar during the match of current scores from other matches happening at that time during the play session - not sure why that feature was dropped but it'd be cool to see scorecards on screen of other online matches being played, or previous matches you had played or whatever...

I LOVED in one of the earlier videos they had a scroll-bar during the match of current scores from other matches happening at that time during the play session - not sure why that feature was dropped but it'd be cool to see scorecards on screen of other online matches being played, or previous matches you had played or whatever...
I genuinely don't recall that existing.

My number one request would be a fully fleshed out career mode. This mode really has the potential to be something great however it is pretty bare bones in DBC14. Some of the features it needs in my opinion are

• Fully dynamic team lists with players coming in and out and moving around the batting lineup as well as retirements and new players coming in
  • Having to really earn your spot in your respective national team as now it seems like as soon as you hit a certain age you are pretty much straight in regardless of how you have played.
  • Even more so with team captaincy. I should not become captain of Australia when I'm only 22 with an average of 30 with the bat.
  • Sponsorships and endorsements could come in along with a player value system. This value will depend on individual performances and current form as well as whether or not you are captain, star player etc with special consideration given towards big International series and tournaments such as the Ashes, World cup and IPL.
  • A much more in depth stats system which tracks the player over all seasons and tournaments and makes it easy to compare how your player goes in different game modes, seasons etc via graphs and charts.... LOTS of Graphs and Charts!!! Stats are good!!
  • Finally and this is more a little suggestion than any major feature but I think it would be cool to bring in a nemesis system of some kind where if you keep getting out to the same bowlers then they will be become your nemesis and have greater confidence when bowling against you and you will be less confident until you can get the better of them. Same goes for bowling and it works both ways so you can either get on top of another batsman or bowler or they can have the wood over you and the confidence and skill level of the players reflect that relationship.
Sorry a bit of a mess and a long way from everything I have thought of and forgotten right now but I do feel that the career mode is where a lot of the potential lies in the next game.

Users who are viewing this thread