Fielders/field placements

menyarky

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Hello there. I'm sure I'm not the only one experiencing this but I'm yet to find a solution. Whenever I'm bowling/fielding my slips fielders and gully are always bowlers - often Starc, Lyon, Hazlewood and Bird when I'm playing with Australia. I've tried moving them around manually by figuring out which fielder is which by using the replay functions, but they revert back practically immediately.

I've also tried editing the players so they have low ratings for reflex catching and 0 for their slips rating, but it doesn't seem to change anything. There's obviously some sort of formula for who ends up in which positions, does anyone have any idea or any suggestions so I have realistic field placements? It's not a gamebreaker but it is very frustrating.

My observations are that the field positions are selected as follows:

Inside the circle
Outside the circle
Close (including slips)

So players with the best infield ratings are put in the circle, then the players (that remain) with the best outfield ratings are put outside the circle and whatever is left goes into the slips, close catching positions and I think leg slip/short third man.

I haven't noticed that throw strength, throw accuracy, catching abilities contribute but they may do.

Users who are viewing this thread