• Yes it should be added.

Votes: 105 42.7%
  • No!! It should never be added

Votes: 52 21.1%
  • Maybe, or should be added and optional

Votes: 89 36.2%

• Total voters
@C A Iversen makes an excellent point.

I don't understand why people are so averse to having an "optional, toggle-able" radar. Don't use it if you don't wish.

But its a very useful option to have for many reasons - especially the non-cut-scene-field-changes that the AI performs atleast 1-2 times in every over

I'm obviously really keen on an optional one, but I am not annoyed at Big Ant that it's not in Patch 2. There are some really important fixes and enhancements in Patch 2 which should make the game even more impressive.

I'd love them to consider one for Patch 3 and take into account all of the practical reasons, like the time it takes in L2 view, especially when you have to spend a bit of time during the pan around looking carefully at the comparitive depth of players as you do so.

I still think L2 still would be used a heck of a lot, but with online it'd speed things up and with off-line multiplayer, likewise. Having it pop up for 2 seconds would be much better than a permanent one, a huge cone and dumb-ish AI as we all saw in the Ashes games.

I know not everyone is in agreement, but as the proponents of this keep saying, no-one has to use it. Except for the good number who appear to be keen for it.

If it speeds up an online T10 game by a couple of minutes or more overall, it's already become helpful surely.

Each to their own, but I still don't understand the want/need for it. It takes a few seconds to check the field and you know when the field changes because it takes a short while to load. Sure, a message could pop up saying there's been a change but the more the DBC game/franchise moves away from cricket games of the past the better, in my opinion.

I have seen people crying about the fielding readar the most. Guys, if you have noticed the game has been made as close to reality as possible. There are alot of things that stands out mostly as compare to other games, and one of them is fielding radar.

tbh with you since the first patch that actually shows which positions the fielders are standing at. I never had a problem in checking the field out. NEVER! So stop whinning about it, and move on with the game. Cheers!:)

I think when 77% of the polled come as either yes, or open to it being optional, you really have to consider the possibility that it's the minority "whining" that it shouldn't be there in any circumstances.

Personally I think it's key: pressing L2 and looking around the field every time is time consuming, sometimes I fail to get there before the bowler starts running. A radar is the game equivalent of a "quick glance around" before setting yourself for me.

Another possibility is something I've toyed with before, not having a cut away in between balls: no replays or cut-scenes. That would give the batsman time to look around properly and notice fielders moving into new positions. THAT would be the closest thing I can think of to "realistic" you could get whilst maintaining the necessary mechanics...

I think when 77% of the polled come as either yes, or open to it being optional, you really have to consider the possibility that it's the minority "whining" that it shouldn't be there in any circumstances.

Personally I think it's key: pressing L2 and looking around the field every time is time consuming, sometimes I fail to get there before the bowler starts running. A radar is the game equivalent of a "quick glance around" before setting yourself for me.

Another possibility is something I've toyed with before, not having a cut away in between balls: no replays or cut-scenes. That would give the batsman time to look around properly and notice fielders moving into new positions. THAT would be the closest thing I can think of to "realistic" you could get whilst maintaining the necessary mechanics...

There should be a timed one Chief, maybe 5/10 seconds then goes. Also turn on and off in the options.

Personally I think it's key: pressing L2 and looking around the field every time is time consuming, sometimes I fail to get there before the bowler starts running. A radar is the game equivalent of a "quick glance around" before setting yourself for me...

this is main argument for having some form of radar - basic commodity of saving time

I have seen people crying about the fielding readar the most. Guys, if you have noticed the game has been made as close to reality as possible.

That's the worst excuse to not include a radar.

If realism is all we care about, then we should get rid of every camera angle except for ProCam. That is inarguably the most realistic camera option available despite the fact that it would give a lot of us headaches!! Broadcast view especially should be considered blasphemous.

But these camera angles are included as an option, which is what some people want with a fielding radar. An option. I don't see why some people get so upset with the folks who would like this as an additional feature LOL. Its quite hilarious

That's the worst excuse to not include a radar.

If realism is all we care about, then we should get rid of every camera angle except for ProCam. That is inarguably the most realistic camera option available despite the fact that it would give a lot of us headaches!! Broadcast view especially should be considered blasphemous.

But these camera angles are included as an option, which is what some people want with a fielding radar. An option. I don't see why some people get so upset with the folks who would like this as an additional feature LOL. Its quite hilarious

You're comparing two different. With different camera angles you get to play the game the way it suites you. Some people here use broadcast view and some use behind the batsman view. I wont be wrong if I say, camera angles will affect your performance BIG TIME. I dont think adding a radar will actually make your game better or worse.

And people are complaining that its time consuming cause every time you have to check the field. How long it takes to check a field 5 sec. OMG 5 sec will actually make a diff for you! I dont think so. And plus you dont have to check the field every time. The AI doesnt change the field every bowl unless you are scoring at certain part of the field. I still dont see bringing a radar into the game would do any help.

You're comparing two different. With different camera angles you get to play the game the way it suites you. Some people here use broadcast view and some use behind the batsman view. I wont be wrong if I say, camera angles will affect your performance BIG TIME. I dont think adding a radar will actually make your game better or worse.

And people are complaining that its time consuming cause every time you have to check the field. How long it takes to check a field 5 sec. OMG 5 sec will actually make a diff for you! I dont think so. And plus you dont have to check the field every time. The AI doesnt change the field every bowl unless you are scoring at certain part of the field. I still dont see bringing a radar into the game would do any help.

Well, don't use it then. Why spoil it for the majority?

But you are sacrificing on realism BIG TIME which is what you seem to be arguing about :)

And the time argument is very valid because there is still no certain way of knowing that the AI changed the field or not. The cut-scenes only happen when the change in field is significant. As a result, I have to check the field after every delivery just to be sure I am not hoodwinked into playing a shot straight to a fielder who technically shouldn't be there.

So just doing some math: 5 seconds per delivery = 30 seconds per over = roughly 5 minutes per ODI/T20 and 10 minutes per test match ?? For someone who can only play the game for say 30mins or an hour per day or even per week, that's an awful lot of time wasted just for the sake of realism.

----------

Well, don't use it then. Why spoil it for the majority?

Because that makes complete and absolute sense ?

When I'm in career mode and in the mood I like the current method, albeit would have a notification for a change. However, when I have half an hour available and want a quick match I dislike looking around the field every ball, as it is way too time consuming. For that reason I think the radar should be an option. Maybe patch 3, but it's not high on my priorities.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread