FOOTBALL Fifa 12 - console and PC!

StinkyBoHoon

National Board President
can someone explain this ultimate team thing? I'm out of the loop when it comes to console stuff, the last fifa I bought was the world cup edition.... for france 98.

also, can you create players? I have this geeky inkling to play as my FM team so I'd maybe like to create them all. will they suck or can I make them good?

AngryPixel

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
All you ever wanna know about Fifa Ultimate Team : EA Forums

----------

Just learned one thing. Playing the semifinal match against Milan on World Class difficulty just 10 minutes after you have woken up is not a good idea. Now i gotta start the tournament again. :facepalm

Ollie_H

Chairman of Selectors
Urgh. I hate the fact the Web App constantly has high demand! I haven't been able to log into it once.

I don't want to always have to be on my ps3 just so I can fiddle with my UT.

AngryPixel

Chairman of Selectors
It happens to me also but not that often. Once or twice a day. I just refresh the page and it works.

AngryPixel

Chairman of Selectors
Has anyone else got this on PC. If yes then I have a trick in mind which we can do to gain awesome amount of coins. PM me if anyone is interested.

Bevab

Staff Member
PlanetCricket Award Winner
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Might get it on PC, if I get a new graphics card.

Punk_Sk8r

National Board President
one thing i don't get is; i play online the defenders are up my ass as soon as i get the ball yet when i try to defend i cant keep pressure like these guys online and i use contain etc...

also how can i set custom tactics BEFORE i go to search for a match in head to head seasons? i paused the game once and it has more editing options than pre-game? whats that about

Bevab

Staff Member
PlanetCricket Award Winner
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Going to order FIFA 12, but seeing AngryPixel's recent experience with Flipkart, I doubt whether to order from it.:p

AngryPixel

Chairman of Selectors
Some tips for FUT:

1) Start out with a bronze team. Dont even think about managing a gold team. They are expensive and you will never make profit. you can get Bronze players for 150-200.

2) Once you have some coins, around 4K, dont buy contract for a bronze player if it expires. Just quicksell him and buy a bronze pack for 400 coins. Generally you will get some players and some contracts.

3) Use the players in the team and sell the contracts in auction. More Often then not you will sell all of them and that would cover the cost of pack and even give you some profit.

4) Sell the extra players from the pack in the market.

5) Best time for buying players is around 3am to 6am IST because the traffic is least in the market at that time. And best time to sell players is around 2PM to 6PM IST.

6) Try to look for bargains in the market. Sometimes you can get a 2K worth player for around 500. Just sell him back.

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
OK guys, I have downloaded pretty much all the Premiership chants from fanchants.co.uk and edited the ones that are too short. Included in the download is a file called 'Current champs'. Insert the files from that into whoever are the current champions in any given season - then simply move them to the next champions' folder.

There's a folder called 'unpopular referee', especially for those fantastic people who officiate our Beautiful Game. I've also included several files called 'silence' in each team - so the chanting shuts up occasionally. Add or remove them as you see fit.

Instructions: Unzip into a location of your choice, then simply select all the chants in a given team's folder and make a playlist of them in Media Player. Then go into Fifa 12 and under 'custom music and chants', assign the correct team playlist to each team. I recommend assigning all the team's chants to all events apart from 'unpopular referee', otherwise I've found that upon a goal being scored, the custom chants seem to disappear.

Now, it is possible to have detailed chants for winning, losing, individual players, individual rivals and so on, but that would mean a stupid amount of playlists - the current information is that Fifa 12 is limited to 255 playlists, so you can see the problem here.

For 'cup winning chants', I've had an idea - find some songs that are played when teams win Cups, like 'We are the Champions', add in a few 'champione' chants and assign that for all English teams under 'cup winning chants'.

I won't be making another version, so what you see is what you get. Enjoy!

Edit: The quality of chants can vary - that's just how they were recorded unfortunately, unless there are some audio wizards out there who can improve them; feel free to do so! By the way, I've never actually heard anything from the 'unpopular referee' folder, so if anyone does hear them in game when the ref has messed up, let me know!

Download from here:

Premier League.zip

puddleduck

Chairman of Selectors
one thing i don't get is; i play online the defenders are up my ass as soon as i get the ball yet when i try to defend i cant keep pressure like these guys online and i use contain etc...

also how can i set custom tactics BEFORE i go to search for a match in head to head seasons? i paused the game once and it has more editing options than pre-game? whats that about

It's an exploit that they are thinking about removing.

Basically, people set manual keeper and switch to him whenever you attack, which means the cpu AI then takes over the defending for them. You can tell if someone is doing this by looking at the radar, their keeper will move differently. As in, more than it should when you're in their half. If you have figured out they are, then it's not that hard to get around. Remember the CPU AI defence is much better at marking spaces and closing you down, so just pass it around, and when you get one-on-ones always throw in a fake shot or two. If you find they are claiming every corner, don't be afraid to try and curl one at goal ;)

AngryPixel

Chairman of Selectors
It is still there. But i see no point using it as i can do better defending than AI now. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread