FIFA World Cup 2022 - Qatar

Na Maloom Afraad

Man of Tomorrow
PlanetCricket Award Winner
The Boys
Masha'Allah! Masha'Allah! Masha'Allah!

The Atlas Lions have sold us an unbelievable dream, the intensity of the heartbreak when they inevitably lose is going to be the end of all hope in me.

Satan666

International Cricketer
India
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
Not football inclined…seems like most of the guys posting on this thread arent either.

Did a quick search through the Moroccan team and most of those guys are playing in top leagues across Europe. Not sure why people are surprised by their semi final birth. Guess they’re not from Europe or SA perhaps?

Sorry to see Cristiano go out but at the same time I’m glad an Arabic nation made it to the semis.

B

Bigby Wolf

Watched the England vs France in a pub.

A couple of Indian had a brawl when one starting abusing England after the match the other Indian guy got angry and all hell break.

Complete chaos.

Aravind.

ICC Board Member
India
Mumbai Indians
Just waiting for a couple more days to send the order list. Will need to generate it and for that I will need some time on laptop.

Meanwhile the sign ups are still open, if anyone is interested.

Who are they ?
Life long fans of borussia dortmund, a team that plays in Bundesliga (German League)

Aravind.

ICC Board Member
India
Mumbai Indians

FB_IMG_1670926321708.jpgFB_IMG_1670926317219.jpg
Prediction time guys,
my choices are Argentina & France. I want Messi to win the WC he deserves it.

Aravind.

ICC Board Member
India
Mumbai Indians
Screenshot_20221213-190305-930.pngMade a Modric phone wallpaper today guys, but it's not fully finished, doesn't have time to finish it now, will post the fully finished version in my graphics thread after few weeks. Just posting it here for wc vibes.

Satan666

International Cricketer
India
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
Messi is perhaps the best footballer ever but the dream of him lifting a WC trophy ends today.

Croatia will triumph today.

Argentine behavior in the game against the Dutch show their thug like character, they're undeserving of a win today!

Satan666

International Cricketer
India
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
  • Netherlands vs Argentina could be very close. Argentina are better on paper but LvG is a much better manager and has the Dutch side well drilled tactically. I can see them coming up with a good plan to counter Argentina and nullifying their key threats. Alternatively that could be moot if a ’good day Messi’ shows up. If I had to pick one.. I think Netherlands will edge this one.
  • I can’t see a winner other than Brazil in the next game. Tite’s got them well set up and they have quality all over the pitch except at left back. I don’t think they’ve lost many games under Tite too let alone to an underdog. Croatia have not been performing as well as they did in 2018 understandably and their manager doesn’t seem to be the sharpest tool in the shed.
  • Mbappe seems like he’s on a personal mission to win the cup for France this time. Walker is also the perfect match for him. Griezmann’s work-rate could easily be matched by Bellingham too. Both managers love to set the side up to be cautious in a big fixture and I feel like this might be the closest match-up we have. Kane’s gotta be key.. if France can shut him down as a playmaker they’ll win this. I just feel like there’s something about this England side though… I think they might sneak a win.
  • If Ronaldo starts and Amrabat is fit I’m backing Morocco to cause another upset. The problem is that Portugal played their best football in months without him in their last game and Ramos was so good. Hopefully Santos gets the memo and allows Bruno to play with the freedom that he’ll have in a CR-less lineup and lead Portugal to a victory.
Well this aged well. Was hoping to read a prediction post for the semis.

Users who are viewing this thread