Final: Australia vs New Zealand

Worried about Grant Elliot to be honest, which is why we need to chase if we want to win.

I don't care whoever wins this one because both teams are very good. Australia,for sure is favorite for the final but in ICC events, favorites are crushed. ;)

Lets see. All the best to NZ and AUS..

I don't care whoever wins this one because both teams are very good. Australia,for sure is favorite for the final but in ICC events, favorites are crushed. ;)

Lets see. All the best to NZ and AUS..

Are you sure this depleted NZ team looks strong enough?

bcvstheworld added 1 Minutes and 26 Seconds later...

Its all a question of whether or not Shane Bond,a familiar thorn in Aussies' flesh can raise his game to do it again.

New Zealand FTW :banana2

Hoping for a great finish this should be a thriller not a one sided game.

Vettori :hpraise

I wonder why they're discarding Scotty Styris who has been a key player for them in this format of the game.
I've heard that Daniel Vettori's a part of the team selection panel and it is very unlike him to make such silly errors.

Don't really care who will win tbh, but I'm hoping for a great game. Australia have looked good all the tournament and NZ have managed to upset South Africa, Sri Lanka and Pakistan.

God, I wish we could win a toss too mate. I think we've won maybe 2 of our last 15-20 tosses. It's been ridiculous and they were important tosses too - the fricken Ashes. Grrrr...

Edit: OK, I looked it up, it's 4 of the last 19 tosses have been won by Australia. Keep in mind we've won 2 of the last 3 so there was a run of 2 out of 16 in there.

Just looking at that data, it's funny (and kinda gay) how important the toss is in Tests in particular. England won 4 of the 5 in the Ashes, Australia won all 6 of 6 in the home and away Tests against SA last summer and last year in India they won 3 of the 4 against us and in India the toss is damn important. Has ANYONE ever bowled first in India? (OK I looked that up too, and 18 times in history in the 219 Tests on Indian soil has the team winning the toss bowled first - not as bad as I thought... BTW in the history of Test cricket the captains bat first about 74% of the time)
Good stats!

Very interesting as well.

what I think is vital for NZ is getting the second wicket. No one has been able to get australia 2 down cheaply. watsons fallen for nought twice and both times paine and ponting have knuckled down to add 80.

I think they might even want to consider holding Bond back for the first 3 or 4 overs, see if one of the openers hangs himself and then bring bond in hunting the wickets.

Just had a look at some stats in Cricinfo.

Whenever Australia loses an ODI, Ponting averages 30.
Whenever Australia wins an ODI, Ponting averages 50.
This is the same in Tests, loss=40 win=60.

Ponting has 6 ODI centuries against NZ, most against any country.
Bond averages 13.88 with the ball against Aus in ODI, with 3 fivers.

Should be a good match :laugh

Thanks for posting those. Very interesting. Even though it's a final i'm not going to stay up all night, I would if I could though. I'll get up and watch the second innings though.

Thanks for posting those. Very interesting. Even though it's a final i'm not going to stay up all night, I would if I could though. I'll get up and watch the second innings though.

I'm skipping school for it, better be worth the time I'll have to make up for it.

I don't have any classes at all tommorow so I'm sweet to watch the whole game, hopefully we chase tonight as I would really hate for us to set a sub par target.

I don't have any classes at all tommorow so I'm sweet to watch the whole game, hopefully we chase tonight as I would really hate for us to set a sub par target.

Sweet as. I'm prepared for the night/morning. Just got to find something to do for the next hour and a half.

Users who are viewing this thread