Fletcher Resigns - Peter Moores New England Coach

Not much hunting went on Matt, the ECB has contingency and succession plans for all key management positions

Kev said:
Not much hunting went on Matt, the ECB has contingency and succession plans for all key management positions

Agreed. they would have had this appointment in mind for a while now...

Does Peter Moores love Jones and Giles, or have we seen them gone for good... :p

More seriously, will the ECB now need a new person to run the Academy? I presume so, but who?

Could be anyone...

Yeah, Tom Moody or Dav Watmore were favourites, and Bob Woolmer before his death. Vaughan likes him though, and the ECB likes to use unfamiliar people as coaches - had anyone heard of Fletcher back in '99?

madmusician said:
More seriously, will the ECB now need a new person to run the Academy? I presume so, but who?

Could be anyone...
I suppose they already have a replacement in mind/lined up.

What changes do you see him making to the existing test and odi sides?

That's a very tough question, I can see him making changes because he is a strong character. Expect a lot of backroom changes, the actual team changes depend on what happens with the selectors.

What changes do the english fans want to see?

More positive in the One Day arena, a general improvement of consistency of selection and the players would be the main ones. Probably fewer raw talent in the same side. ie. a bowling attack should have an experience head, etc.

what are some names of players to watch out for?

Users who are viewing this thread