Fletcher Resigns - Peter Moores New England Coach

I am sad to see Fletcher go, but accept the time is right. I still have an enourmous amount of respect for him - he took us from the bottom of test cricket and has put us right up there among the best, if you exclude the currently superhuman Australians. It's a pity he couldn't do the same for our ODI side as he did our test Team, but I still think he's done an excellent job overall.

I am sad to see him go but it is time for England to move forward and on. We need a coach with fresh ideas.

MUFC1987 said:
Wow, you really don't have a clue, do you?

Picking favourites? His picking of the likes of Trescothick and Vaughan, despite low batting averages is what has turned them into World Class players. The Captain has just as much say as Fletcher with the input of the team on tour, but we'd hate to put any blame on Flintoff eh?

I'm ignoring the bit about Mahmood as I don't have the time to put the truth across.

As adarsh rightly said, I have no problem with his selections from his appointment until the 2005 Ashes. He transformed the England side from the worst test nation (apart from Zimbabwe and Bangladesh) into challenging for the top spot. But from that point on his selections have been completely wrong.

Now Fletchers gone I can't wait to see us play some positive ODI cricket with a coach not afraid of risks!

Leicester Fox said:
Now Fletchers gone I can't wait to see us play some positive ODI cricket with a coach not afraid of risks!

I hope thats so, but i am yet to be fully convinced that Fletcher was the sole reason for our negative approach

Well, if you compare the team we were to the team we are it's a definite improvement, the positives outweigh the negatives but we need a change particularly in ODIs.

Some people said about Peter Moores credentials, don't worry about him, if he becomes the coach which I hope he does he will do a good job, you can have all your international experience but he has brilliant cricket knowledge. Also, didn't Buchanan have no experience before taking charge of Australia?

Yea pretty sure Buchanan was a spring Chicken when he took over the Aussies. He didn't have to do much seeing as the team had been made for him, he improved it with his computer analysis which is exactly what the team needed back then.

The recent Ashes smashing and poor WC performance overshadows what have been a successful coaching career with England. He has elevated them up to no. 2 in the world in tests, helped regain the Ashes after I think 15+ years, carried England to runners up in 04 champions trophy and the wonder year b/w 04-05 where England were extremely successful. But it is time to go and I am glad that Fletcher has made the decision to resign rather than waiting to be sacked by the board.

DAMN! now england might have a chance in any cricket game whats the odds the coach is an aussie

Really sad end for Fletcher :( he had done a lot of things for England , they won ASHES after a long 18 yers under his dominance .

So Moores has been confirmed as the new England coach, on a permanent bassis, he will start from 1st May.

Good call imo, quick though.

Yes I think it's too quick. They should have waited until after the World Cup to start coach hunting but you can't blame the ECB for wanting to settle things down quickly.

Users who are viewing this thread