Fletcher Resigns - Peter Moores New England Coach

Mahmood's been one of our best bowlers in this world cup IMO. He's been pretty good in Tests since his debut as well.

evertonfan said:
Mahmood's been one of our best bowlers in this world cup IMO. He's been pretty good in Tests since his debut as well.

Mahmood is crap. He hasn't got the accuracy or the mental strength to play internation cricket. Best Bowler? No where near - Fred, Anderson, Colly and Monty have been better than him.

I agree with MUFC guy. Well said mate.

Fletcher has resigned as England coach and the ECB have gone on the record to thank Fletcher for ''rigorous planning and excellent coaching skills''. Fletcher said it was time for a new endevour and that it was the right time to step down.

Wow, you really don't have a clue, do you?
Erm. I think he makes a fair point. He was talking about Fletcher's recent actions. Vaughan and Trescothick were at least 5 years ago.

Well, confirmed and it appears that Vaughan may go as one-day captain as well, as Morgan only said that Vaughan would captain the Test series against the WIndies. We'd have heard the Fletcher news earlier, but David Morgan only flew out yesterday. Typical...

Kev said:
Yes this sort of termination payment is pretty standard practice, not just in the sporting world either.

Care to point me in the direction of one of these non sporting jobs please ? ;)

themuel1 said:
Mahmood is crap. He hasn't got the accuracy or the mental strength to play internation cricket. Best Bowler? No where near - Fred, Anderson, Colly and Monty have been better than him.

I agree with MUFC guy. Well said mate.

Two 4'fers overshadowed by one bad performance against South Africa were everyone got a tonking. Everyone is always lightning quick to lay the blame on poor old Saj (including me at times) but his great performances often go unnoticed or passed off as flukes or something.

evertonfan said:
Two 4'fers overshadowed by one bad performance against South Africa were everyone got a tonking. Everyone is always lightning quick to lay the blame on poor old Saj (including me at times) but his great performances often go unnoticed or passed of as flukes or something.

It's because the way he bowls, he seems to jog up with no real aim and fire it down and at times it can come off, so people may see it as a fluke.

Pleased to see Fletcher go, he has done a great job or England but Boycott predicted this a little while ago. His time has come, he didn't seem to have the backing of the boys and recently he hasn't seemed up to the fight.

Personally on the Mahmood issue, I rate him very highly and has a lot of potential. However, he is learning his trade in the international arena when he should be playing for Lancashire a lot more often. This is what Australia do, let players develop in their system and then play them later in their careers when they believe them to be ready. Stuart Clark is a classic example. I am not saying Mahmood should be left that late though...

Agreed. Let Saj develop, he can train with Kevin Shine (who isn't too fantastic). We need to let our young bowlers learn their trade with their counties and let them go to different countries in the winter. Aus one year, India the next etc so they can learn about different conditions and styles. That would be in an ideal world though.

Fletcher - an excellent coach, but as a leader he had lost the support of his players. Once that goes it is all over. With Strauss as captain in the Ashes I think that we would have done better, Strauss and Fletcher worked well together, while Fred and Fletch didn't. There was also friction between them in selection, rumoured that Fletcher wanted Monty in but Fred didn't (he never seemed to bowl him when he was captain really). A shame that the press had to hound him like this, but thats the way, you win you're a hero, you lose you're a... zero.

A Whitey said:
Agreed. Let Saj develop, he can train with Kevin Shine (who isn't too fantastic).
Definately, imbetween his wide short ones, he does produce some peaches. If he can consistantly produce this peaches then this could be one successful farmer...I mean bowler.

A Whitey said:
We need to let our young bowlers learn their trade with their counties and let them go to different countries in the winter. Aus one year, India the next etc so they can learn about different conditions and styles. That would be in an ideal world though.
No!!! With the decline of County Cricket, international players not playing county cricket and the fact that people are being picked on talent not County records (Trescothick, Vaughan), the home advantage may disappear and that must not happen.

Users who are viewing this thread