FM Pentagon Challenge Thread

hedger_14

ICC Chairman
Online Cricket Games Owned
Okay, so applied for every job (Probably not a smart idea) but I want to get into management straight away. Got a heap of offers and picked out 3 and rejected the rest, and delayed those offers for a week and got a few more offers which I rejected, so it came down to these 3 offers:

Audax Italiano - First Division (Chile) - ?57k p/a 3 year contract
Sassuolo - Serie B (Italy) - ?230k p/a 3 year contract
MP Black Aces - National First Division (S. Africa) - ?64k p/a 2 year contract

And in the end, decided a nice pay would do nicely, and went with Sassuolo despite having previous experience with MP Black Aces and reasonable success (Can't quite remember where I finished but I did get them to the top division and I think I won the FA Cup or whatever they call it there in my first season).

I negotiated the contract down to one year, which they agreed to.

Club: Sassuolo (Serie B)
Contract: ?230k p/a for 1 year
Transfer Budget: ?425k
Wage Budget: ?4.5m p/a
Current Wage: ?4.52m p/a

Media Prediction: 11th

hedger_14

ICC Chairman
I've decided that I probably won't look at signing anyone for the club.

Only signing was a 16 year old Cyprian defender, Nicolas Ioannou. I know he's for the future but if there's a chance I win promotion or go close this season, I could keep on with the club and maybe in a few season, he might be quality enough to play well in the Serie A.

treva

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Good stuff, all has been added to the first post. Nice to have a couple of challengers to compare with.

treva

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
aprilresults.png

We had an excellent opening six games which saw us start the season unbeaten and in 3rd place. We also had a tough run playing last years champions, our big rivals and the strikeforce of Anelka and Drogba.

Our opening game was incredible. We went 1-0 up before we had two men sent off, straight reds for two-footed tackles, after just 26 minutes! We then went on to absolutely destroy the newly promoted Shenzhen 5-0.

A late win against rivals Beijing was the highlight of April, whilst Fagner took to lone striker like a duck to water, scoring three goals and picking up an average rating of 7.3.

Annoyingly Mario Lucio, who had had an amazing start to the season, picked up a shoulder injury in training and missed a couple of games. He'll be back in 5 to 10 days to regain full strength.

We have an easier run over the next month and begin our FA Cup campaign against Qingdao UST, who we thrashed 5-0 in pre-season.

endofapriltable.png

hedger_14

ICC Chairman
I really can't see myself winning this challenge though. I normally like to stick to one club for a career or at least for 5 years so this will be a tough test :p

hedger_14

ICC Chairman
Nearly pulled off a major upset against Bologna in the Italian Cup 3rd qual. round away from home, losing 5-4 on penalties after a 1-1 draw, also going down to 9 men. This was after a 3-2 win at home to Reggiana, although they scored a consolation in the 90th minute so could have easily been 3-1. And this is without our key striker as well so this was a decent effort.

Now we have the Serie B to focus on.

hedger_14

ICC Chairman
And of course my freaking laptop crashes so I lose my progress x_x

I saved it a while ago but I have to catch up 3 games again, and I hadn't lost any of those games x_x

hedger_14

ICC Chairman
Okay, one point below where I was before but oh well, ---- happens. Still going well.

End of September Update:

27.8.11 - Juve Stabia (A) - Won 1-0
30.8.11 - Bari (H) - Won 2-1
3.9.11 - Reggina (A) - Lost 2-0
10.9.11 - Cesena (H) - Won 3-2 (Originally drew 0-0)
17.9.11 - Varese (A) - Lost 1-0 (Originally won - by 2 goals, I think)
24.9.11 - Virtus Lanciano (H) - Won 3-0 (Originally was up 3-0 at HT before laptop crashed)

Top Goalscorers (All comps):

Gaetano Masucci (AML) - 4 goals
Alessandro Noselli (ST) - 3 goals
Simone Missiroli (ST) - 2 goals
Salvatore Bruno (ST) - 2 goals
Francesco Magnanelli (MC) - 1 goal
Carl Valeri (MC) - 1 goal

Most Assists:

Gennaro Troianiello (AMR) - 7 assists
Francesco Magnanelli (MC) - 3 assists
Salvatore Bruno (ST) - 2 assists
Gaetano Masucci (AML) - 1 assist

Current League Record: 6-4-0-2 - 12 pts - 6th

----------

and btw, how do you get the table in text version again, I always forget.

treva

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
To get the table in text you go to the 'options' button and click on the 'print screen...' button and save it as text file.

treva

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Can't tweaking believe it. In 6th, had lost 2 and drawn 2 league games with 2 FA Cup wins and I'm sacked after our 2nd loss of the season in the last minute of the game?!

Absolutely ridiculous.

treva

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Hasn't taken me long to get back into the game. I turned down a ?3.3million transfer budget and the chance to win the Russian First Division with Spartak Nilchik to jump straight back into the Chinese Super League with Renhe.

logokew.png

They are placed in 11th with 4 wins, 1 draw and 5 losses - 9 points off the top spot. They have a big problem with scoring goals, just scoring 9 goals from 10 games, the third lowest in the league. Looking forward to September when we take on Tianjin.

Manly

Thor
Formatted my laptop, forgetting to copy and paste my saves. Distraught. But will try this again once the new patch is out.

Users who are viewing this thread