7.2.15 - Perth Glory FC (H) - Won 1-0
14.2.15 - Sydney FC (A) - Drew 3-3
21.2.15 - Newcastle United Jets (H) - Won 5-0

Asian Champions League

25.2.15 - Saitama UTD (A) - Won 3-1

Hyundai A-League

28.2.15 - Melbourne Heart FC (A) - Won 5-2

Code:
| Pos   | Inf   | Team                        |       | Pld   | Won   | Drn   | Lst   | For   | Ag    | G.D.  | Pts   | 
| --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| 
| 1st   | PQ    | Melbourne Victory FC        |       | 23    | 21    | 2     | 0     | 80    | 19    | +61   | 65    | 
| --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| 
| 2nd   |       | Melbourne Heart FC          |       | 23    | 11    | 3     | 9     | 33    | 30    | +3    | 36    | 
| 3rd   |       | Western Sydney Wanderers FC |       | 23    | 10    | 2     | 11    | 26    | 28    | -2    | 32    | 
| 4th   |       | Sydney FC                   |       | 23    | 9     | 5     | 9     | 29    | 35    | -6    | 32    | 
| 5th   |       | Central Coast Mariners      |       | 23    | 8     | 6     | 9     | 17    | 20    | -3    | 30    | 
| 6th   |       | Adelaide United FC          |       | 23    | 8     | 5     | 10    | 28    | 35    | -7    | 29    | 
| 7th   |       | Perth Glory FC              |       | 23    | 7     | 6     | 10    | 27    | 39    | -12   | 27    | 
| 8th   |       | Brisbane Roar FC            |       | 23    | 7     | 5     | 11    | 25    | 29    | -4    | 26    | 
| 9th   |       | Newcastle United Jets       |       | 23    | 7     | 4     | 12    | 32    | 46    | -14   | 25    | 
| 10th  |       | Wellington Phoenix          |       | 23    | 6     | 4     | 13    | 27    | 43    | -16   | 22    | 

Up and down month. Sealed top spot in the league although still have the finals. Got off to a good start in the Champions League with a 3-1 win, thanks to goals from Smeltz, Ronieli and Holman. However, our chairman sold McGrath for 4.5m pounds and after Victor Hugo had his contract terminated at the end of last month by request, we were left with not much up-front, an up and down Ronieli and an out of form Shane Smeltz and that was it. In the end, I brought in Danish striker, Morten Nordstrand on loan for 75k. However, he had only just returned from injury and meant that I played it safe and put him on the bench, meaning we had Smeltz and Ronieli up front, Smeltz having last scored on the 27th December. He broke that drought though as he netted a beautiful hattrick despite the 3-3 draw. Nordstrand after playing a few minutes off the bench the previous week finally got his chance in the starting XI in place of Ronieli and made his mark on the league, with a hattrick, Smeltz and Holman adding goals to aid the 5-0 win. Unfortunately, Fgn player rules means Nordstrand wouldn't play in the CL, opting for Ronieli instead, with Everton and Gottardi indispensible players leaving a decision between Ronieli and Nordstrand.

End of March Update

7.3.15 - Brisbane Roar FC (H) - Won 2-0

Asian Champions League

11.3.15 - Busan (H) - Won 9-2

Hyundai A-League

14.3.15 - Adelaide United FC (A) - Won 4-1

Asian Champions League

18.3.15 - Fuli (A) - Won 5-1

Hyundai A-League

21.3.15 - Central Coast Mariners (A) - Won 4-1
28.3.15 - Western Sydney Wanderers (A) - Won 2-0

Code:
| Pos   | Inf   | Team                        |       | Pld   | Won   | Drn   | Lst   | For   | Ag    | G.D.  | Pts   | 
| 1st   | PQ    | Melbourne Victory FC        |       | 27    | 25    | 2     | 0     | 92    | 21    | +71   | 77    | 
| 2nd   | Q     | Western Sydney Wanderers FC |       | 27    | 13    | 2     | 12    | 36    | 33    | +3    | 41    | 
| 3rd   | Q     | Melbourne Heart FC          |       | 27    | 12    | 5     | 10    | 38    | 38    | 0     | 41    | 
| 4th   | Q     | Sydney FC                   |       | 27    | 10    | 6     | 11    | 33    | 39    | -6    | 36    | 
| 5th   | Q     | Central Coast Mariners      |       | 27    | 9     | 8     | 10    | 21    | 26    | -5    | 35    | 
| 6th   | Q     | Perth Glory FC              |       | 27    | 9     | 8     | 10    | 34    | 40    | -6    | 35    | 
| 7th   |       | Adelaide United FC          |       | 27    | 8     | 6     | 13    | 31    | 44    | -13   | 30    | 
| 8th   |       | Brisbane Roar FC            |       | 27    | 7     | 7     | 13    | 25    | 33    | -8    | 28    | 
| 9th   |       | Wellington Phoenix          |       | 27    | 7     | 7     | 13    | 31    | 45    | -14   | 28    | 
| 10th  |       | Newcastle United Jets       |       | 27    | 7     | 5     | 15    | 36    | 58    | -22   | 26    | 

Dominant month. Ronieli has been on fire, scoring 5 goals against Busan in our 9-2 win, then a hattrick against Fuli, before coming off the bench to score twice against Central Coast and then again scored against the Wanderers. Our win against the Wanderers though was surprising considering we lost 8 players to internatiional duty... Luckily we still had Ronieli and Nordstrand who scored the goals and despite missing all of our back 4, we still managed to keep a clean sheet. Now just the Champions League and the A-League finals to focus on.

Goalkeeper of the Year: Eduardo Gottiardi - 27 apps, 20 conceded, avg rating 6.98

Foreign Player of the Year: Everton - 26 apps, 12 goals, 24 assists, avg rating 8.02

Golden Boot: Ronieli - 24 apps, 18 goals
Runner Up: Everton - 26 apps, 12 goals

Player of the Year: Everton

Manager of the Year: Brendon Hedger

And 9 of our players were selected in the A-League All-Star XI, with Wilkshire (DR) and Rose (DL) being the only players outside our team to make the XI.

Managed to come second and win the playoffs. Signed a few loanees towards the backend of the season who really made the difference. Although most of them were cuptied for the Fa Trophy final v Luton, but a runners up place was quite an achievement regardless.

Got one centre back in from Barnet on loan who even scored a hattrick in one game, absolute class and I might even have gone up automatically if he hadn't gotten injured after 4 games. Still he made it back for the end of the season and was available for the playoffs, so he more than made his mark with some strong performances.

Not really sure I fancy a season of trying to keep them up with a squad of part-time players in the Blue Square Premier, although my application to the Rotherham job was rejected, so I'm not sure I'll get anywhere else anyway :(

have faith, it's usually the second season everything goes wrong. loan out anyone you can and ditch them next year, leaving them with a threadbare squad incapable of building on any success. that's my way.

anyone here with any managers of the year yet? not that I'm asking that to plug the fact I have 3 or anything.

Despite winning 3 manager of the month awards in a row I didn't get the manager of the year because I joined in November. Ridiculous. Made a couple of signings so far and played a couple of pre-season games, will post it all up soon.

Right! Re-installing FM as we speak. Got about 8 hours to myself...could well finish a season!

End of Champions League Group Stage Update

Champions League

1.4.15 - Saltama UTD (H) - Won 3-0

Hyundai A-League Major Semi Final

5.4.15 - Western Sydney Wanderers (A) - Won 2-1
12.4.15 - Western Sydney Wanderers (H) - Drew 3-3

Champions League

15.4.15 - Busan (A) - Won 3-0

Hyundai A-League Grand Final

26.4.15 - Melbourne Heart FC (H) - Won e4-1

Champions League

29.4.15 - Fuli (H) - Won 6-4

Code:
| Pos   | Inf   | Team                 |       | Pld   | Won   | Drn   | Lst   | For   | Ag    | G.D.  | Pts   | 
| -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| 
| 1st   | Q     | Melbourne Victory FC |       | 6     | 6     | 0     | 0     | 29    | 8     | +21   | 18    | 
| -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| 
| 2nd   | Q     | Busan                |       | 6     | 3     | 1     | 2     | 10    | 14    | -4    | 10    | 
| 3rd   |       | Fuli                 |       | 6     | 1     | 1     | 4     | 9     | 19    | -10   | 4     | 
| 4th   |       | Saitama UTD          |       | 6     | 1     | 0     | 5     | 4     | 11    | -7    | 3     | 

Top Goalscorers (All Competitions):

Ronieli (ST) - 39 goals
Nathan Burns (AMR) - 19 goals
Everton (MC) - 17 goals
Alex Wilkinson (DC) - 12 goals
Shane Smeltz (ST) - 11 goals
Brent McGrath (ST) - 10 goals
Morten Nordstrand (ST) - 10 goals
Brett Holman (AML) - 10 goals
Victor Hugo (ST) - 8 goals
Petar Franjic (DC) - 5 goals
Diogo Ferreira (MC) - 2 goals
Matthew Thompson (MC) - 2 goals
Adama Traore (DL) - 1 goal
Julius Davies (AML) - 1 goal
Chris Payne (ST) - 1 goal
Jason Culina (MC) - 1 goal

Most Assists:

Everton (MC) - 37 assists
Brett Holman (AML) - 28 assists
Jason Culina (MC) - 12 assists
Ronieli (ST) - 11 assists
Nathan Burns (AMR) - 10 assists
Shane Smeltz (ST) - 8 assists
Brent McGrath (ST) - 5 assists
Matthew Foschini (DR) - 4 assists
Alex Wilkinson (DC) - 4 assists
Adama Traore (DL) - 3 assists
Julius Davies (AML) - 3 assists
Matthew Thompson (MC) - 3 assists
Jack Hingert (DLR) - 2 assists
Chris Payne (ST) - 2 assists
Petar Franjic (DC) - 2 assists
Victor Hugo (ST) - 2 assists
Bailey Wright (DC) - 1 assist

Won the A-League, despite it taking us to 120 minutes to do so. Nordstrand was our saviour scoring twice in extra time to make the result look much more impressive. Although considering they didn't have a single shot on target, their only goal coming from an own goal. We finished the group stage of the Champions League undefeated, having won every game. We will now face Funabashi Bandits in the 2nd round, who haven't progressed past Round 2 in their two appearances in the competition since 2011.

Will just do a quick display of my signings. Was given a fairly decent transfer budget but I don't want to just spend blindly, so I'm saving a fair chunk and it will be available in January if needed.

Jeremy Watson (U18s)

jeremywatson.png

Eoin Barrett (U18s)

eoinbarrett.png

Mahamadou Diarra

mahamadoudiarra.png

Frank Doornbos

frankdoornbos.png

Fabio Borini

fabioborini.png

Tried to sign a number of players, especially for the striker position but too many either didn't want to play for us or their wage demands were too high (Milan Baros wanted ridiculous money the bastard).

Annoyingly Diarra, just a few weeks after signing, announced his retirement at the end of the season. Could have decided that a bit sooner, but oh well, hopefully he'll do a good job for us this season.

Anybody got any further on their saves? I've started my season with tough games against Chelsea and United. Going to be tough to stay up I think, signed Paloschi from AC Milan but I'm not sure he'll do the job I was hoping for from a big signing.

I'm bored of this now, but I won the league with fulham. I feel kinda dirty.

I'm still not really able to play the type of football I want to with any regularity though. settled on using wingers but I'm still not very comfortable with them and find they either have stormers or remain anonymous for entire games. I'm looking for a way out really, not going to win the CL here, that's another 3 or 4 season project and I just can't be bothered because I hate Fulham.

My season so far has been a disaster. Sitting rock bottom and in serious trouble. Tried to move to Newcastle and WBA after they sacked their managers but to no avail. Will post an update once I reach the end of calendar year.

I'm at Wycombe Wanderers in the second season. That's where I'm up to and all I can remember haha

Users who are viewing this thread