Football Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
That dude's name is Kobiashvili. Rangers surprisingly survived in Porto. Didn't expect that. And Shevchenko could have made five goals or more. And they weren't that difficult. But now he has joined five players who made 4 goals in a match, like Van Bastan and Prso.

Oh no...I was hoping Milan would suffer another loss.

Its still alive for Porto. If they beat Artmedia and if Rangers don't beat Inter, they'll go through.

Yup, it's strange people will give sympathy to Best but not for people who jump off cliffs (when it's effectively the same thing)

Az Alkmaar have a max capacity of just under 9,000. most of League 2 is bigger than that :D

George Best died today at 12:55pm GMT

RIP George Best 1946-2005.

Attachments

• best.jpg
    best.jpg
    17.8 KB · Views: 43
Last edited:
It was bound to happen with his alcohol addiction.
He certainly one of the best players of his generation. R.I.P. George Best.

Its his off-field life that lowers his reputation to the point of being disgraceful. Still, he was a brilliant football player.

Sureshot said:
Yup, it's strange people will give sympathy to Best but not for people who jump off cliffs (when it's effectively the same thing)

Az Alkmaar have a max capacity of just under 9,000. most of League 2 is bigger than that :D

They're getting a bigger stadium of about 30.000 people I think. And Middlesbrough are lucky they drew with them. Also Arveladze's goal was disallowed wrongly.

Heard it today on the radio Best died. And I don't listen that much to the radio. If you drink that much, you have to face the consequences.

FA Cup weekend for us, away at Chester. A chance to see some players get a chance. Tyson cup tied, breckin and Lester suspended after their sending offs.

Hopefully Taylor and Spencer Weir-Daley will play, with bastians on the left.

It just needs to be said Rooney was inspirational at the weekend. I really hope he lives up to his potential, but can he reach the heights of George Best?

JamesyJames3 said:
It just needs to be said Rooney was inspirational at the weekend. I really hope he lives up to his potential, but can he reach the heights of George Best?

I think Rooney is well placed to do so.

themuel1 said:
I think Rooney is well placed to do so.

Yes so do I, at this rate he could exceed expectation. Who knows? His maturity at the age of 20 stands out. Alright he still hacks out, but certain people/players have that sort of temper. I know I do ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread