Football Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sureshot said:
It will take Decades before Roman makes money off of his investments. He won't like it.
You dont get it, he doesnt want to make money, its pocket change to him anyway, its more about prestige, he can bring his clients to games and show off etc.

m_vaughan said:
How come you think about the small clubs when you are NOT top of the Premiership table?

And Chelsea are easily amongst the top three clubs in Europe. Juve and Barca are the only two clubs that look strong enough to beat us. Liverpool, on their day, yes, but if we had ten games between the two sides, Chelsea would win more games.

Not forgetting the club that did actually beat you. Manchester United.

Just won, 3-0. Great performance. Vidic did well on debut, Park I thought had a good game, and very pleased generally.

Last edited:
000B8B2D-234B-120B-B08880BFB6FA0000.jpg
r18542_45727.jpg

I wonder if either of these two like wearing red? ;) :spy

kevmead said:
You dont get it, he doesnt want to make money, its pocket change to him anyway, its more about prestige, he can bring his clients to games and show off etc.

The 'average' ( :D ) Multi Billionaire doesn't make investments off ?300Million without wanting to make money off of it.

m_vaughan said:
How come you think about the small clubs when you are NOT top of the Premiership table?

And Chelsea are easily amongst the top three clubs in Europe. Juve and Barca are the only two clubs that look strong enough to beat us. Liverpool, on their day, yes, but if we had ten games between the two sides, Chelsea would win more games.
Duh,we Aren't the top of the Prem,and i don't like Chelsea! :D

And you guys have way to much money!

Great win for Liverpool yesterday, we usually struggle at pompey. Amnure is the next round, sweet sweet revenge :D

lol Birmingham sign DJ Campbell from Brentford for 500k possibly rising to ?1Million. He was playing for Yeading a couple of seasons ago. That's not a typ Yeading not Reading.

----------

Late signings:

Murphy to Spurs for ?2Million, coincidentally he nearly joined them in 2004 Summer Window.
Hossam Ghaly to Spurs he's a midfielder (2 MORE!)
Quashie to West Brom for ?1.2Million
Earnshaw to Norwich ?3.5 Million the most expensive signing of the day.
Michael Brown to Fulham undisclosed fee.
Delap to Sunderland.
Scaloni to West Ham

Last edited:
Souness has gone. Gotta feel sorry for the guy, he's had crappy luck since he's been there. I think Newcastle fans have an altered perception of reality. Your not a big club. I think the rise of Newcastle through 94-95 has meshed your brains a bit. The problem as I see it, is that only a few of the players want to play for the club.

Whose the next manager going to be then?

The Newcastle fans are ridiculous; even 2nd place wasn't good enough for them under Kevin Keegan. Whilst I think the decision on sacking Souness was harsh, he didn't spend money where they most needed to, the defence.

Robert Earnshaw is now the Canaries' record signing, beating the purchase of Dean Ashton from Crewe Alexandra for ?3,000,000 back in January 2005. He's set to go straight into the squad against the scum on Sunday.

Rafa is a great guy but he is getting on my nerves now. He is blaming the players for yesterdays crap result, when it wss his fault. He dropped Alonso and Carragher, and played Garcia and Morientes who are absolutley crap atm. If he started with fowler we would of won the game by miles, he looked great. Morientes needs to get his act together or leave, his finishing is awful.

Drewska said:
Rafa is a great guy but he is getting on my nerves now. He is blaming the players for yesterdays crap result, when it wss his fault. He dropped Alonso and Carragher, and played Garcia and Morientes who are absolutley crap atm. If he started with fowler we would of won the game by miles, he looked great. Morientes needs to get his act together or leave, his finishing is awful.

Had Alonso not been such a plonker in front of his own goal Liverpool would've won anyway! :p

Drewska said:

Sorry to bring you back to a sane place but Robbie Fowler is not going to make the difference all of you Liverpool Fans say. He's not the player he was. It was the players fault yesterday, the side was more than capable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread