Football Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Champions League Results

Real Madrid 1-0 Juventus. (The second match at turin will be one not to be missed)
Bayern Munich 3-1 Arsenal (Arsenal are out, Ill change my name if they make it through after this)
Liverpool 3-1 Bayer Leverkusen (Liverpool to lose in Germany but still make it through comfortably)
PSV 1-0 Monaco (Monaco to thrash PSV in France, and make it to the last 8)

FishBowlMan said:
Couldn't agree more! I was even cheering Bayern last night as well! Felt very odd cheering for the German's but fully justified if you ask me :D

I dont care about Arsenal either but its all the media seems to care about today...there was another Champions League match involving an English team last night!

Ste said:
I dont care about Arsenal either but its all the media seems to care about today...there was another Champions League match involving an English team last night!
One of those problems with the "Shock! Big boys lost" games. Nobody else gets a look in. I'm really pleased Liverpool won (and that's coming from a Man Utd fan). Just need Man U and Chelsea to win tonight. If that's the case, you can bet tomorrow's papers / radio will still be talking about the gooners!

FishBowlMan said:
One of those problems with the "Shock! Big boys lost" games. Nobody else gets a look in. I'm really pleased Liverpool won (and that's coming from a Man Utd fan). Just need Man U and Chelsea to win tonight. If that's the case, you can bet tomorrow's papers / radio will still be talking about the gooners!

I defiantly hope Man Utd lose but i am not too bothered how Chelsea do as long as they pick up a few injuries.

Ste said:
I defiantly hope Man Utd lose but i am not too bothered how Chelsea do as long as they pick up a few injuries.

well i can understand why. but even our second string team is good enough for the final of the carling cup.

m_vaughan said:
well i can understand why. but even our second string team is good enough for the final of the carling cup.

Against the only English team that actually won in the Champions League this week? Well we will see anyway! Ill there in block UN2, Quite high up but hopefully still good seats.

cardiff.jpg

Heres tonights CL results anyway:

Barcelona 2 - 1 Chelsea
FC Porto 1 - 1 Inter Milan
Man Utd 0 - 1 AC Milan
Werder Bremen 0 - 3 Lyon

Ste said:
ARE YOU HAPPY NOW? ARE YOU??? :mad

Entertaining games from what I hear. Chelsea were unlucky, and Inter deserved the win. Lets see what happens in a couple of weeks time. Here's cheering Liverpool for Sunday.

Bring back Tim Howard!!!
He made one mistake this season and is dropped, Carrol has made many in very important games

themuel1 said:
Bring back Tim Howard!!!
He made one mistake this season and is dropped, Carrol has made many in very important games
Neither keeper has been in particularly good form this season. Having said that - it's all relative. 2nd in the league - 1 loss in how many games before this one? and that was against Chelsea. Could be worse - we could be the gooners and have "Germany's finest" Lehman. Germany must be in a bad way if people reckon he's their number 1 keeper lol

CHELSEA FC: CARLING CUP CHAMPIONS!!!!!

Chelsea have already won their first trophy of the season by beating Liverpool 3-2 in the final of the Carling Cup. Goals by Kezman and Drogba in extra time handed us our first silverware since winning the FA Cup in 2000.

Now for the champions league and premiership.
ChelseaTrophy332_ME.jpg

_40871643_terrycup203.jpg

_40871701_mkezman203.jpg

_40871683_trophy300.jpg

P.S. Thank you Steven Gerrard!

m_vaughan said:
Chelsea have already won their first trophy of the season by beating Liverpool 3-2 in the final of the Carling Cup. Goals by Kezman and Drogba in extra time handed us our first silverware since winning the FA Cup in 2000.

Now for the champions league and premiership.

Well we will beat you in the Champions League final so you have only got the Premiership to worry about!

Anyway heres some pictures I took yesterday in Cardiff on my phone!

Rafa on the outside of the stadium:
rafastad.jpg

1000s of Liverpool fans gathering before going into the stadium:
people.jpg

Just 2 of the 7 or 8 footballs being kicked about by the City Arms:
balls.jpg

Flags attached to the NCP carpark:

flags.jpg

flags2.jpg

flags3.jpg

A Chelsea flag/scarf seller tried to make there way with there stall through the Red fans....needless to say within about 1 minute all there scarfs/flags and hats and been thrown into the air and then...

fire1.jpg

flagfire.jpg

burning.jpg

and the smoke from the bonfire of Chelsea stuff:
smoke.jpg

Then some guys with a big framed picture of Rafa Benitez came through the crowd! Ra-Ra-Rafa Benitez, Ra-Ra-Rafa Benitez..........

rafa1.jpg

rafa2.jpg

The view from the steps of the stadium:

steps.jpg

Inside:

stad.jpg

Floating badges!:

floats.jpg

lfcfloat.jpg

After the match...unfortunatly:

dark.jpg

fireworks.jpg

With just 10 minutes left those fireworks and lights could so easily have been red! oh well...roll on the Champions League final!

Ste

FishBowlMan said:
Neither keeper has been in particularly good form this season. Having said that - it's all relative. 2nd in the league - 1 loss in how many games before this one? and that was against Chelsea. Could be worse - we could be the gooners and have "Germany's finest" Lehman. Germany must be in a bad way if people reckon he's their number 1 keeper lol

LOL, yeah could be worse!

Nice pics Ste!!!!

wow! this thread is amazing. so many soccer ( football ) fans at this cricket site.
quite exciting

My team Norwich City threw away a 2-0 lead to lose 3-2 at home to Manchester City. Robert Green was to blame, me thinks. :crying

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread