Football Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everyone is blinded by the talent in the Real Madrid squad to even realise that they arent all that great at the moment.

Firstly, their league form is way inconsistant! and when was the last time they won the champions league?

Real agreed, but Chelsea has a good shot. Finished in the top 4 in Europe, and won 2 domestic competitions including the championship.

JamesyJames3 said:
Everyone is blinded by the talent in the Real Madrid squad to even realise that they arent all that great at the moment.

Firstly, their league form is way inconsistant! and when was the last time they won the champions league?

m_vaughan said:
Real agreed, but Chelsea has a good shot. Finished in the top 4 in Europe, and won 2 domestic competitions including the championship.

Cheers for confirming that. I genuinally was unsure. To me their consistancy lets them down. Domesticly and in Europe.

They have the players. They just need to sort it out.

Arsenal are ready to pay record club fee 0f ?20 million for young spanish start Fernando TORRES...saw it from bbc and hope its true and he comes.

Van Persie is expected to follow up Bergkamp by Arsenal. And a good thing Arsenal is always buying new talent. But I would rather see them educating local players themselves then buying it.

And some great matches are coming up.

First the World Cup Qualifying matches:

Norway vs Czech Republic
Spain vs Slovakia
Switzerland vs Turkey

Also during the weekend it's Netherlands vs Italy. Can't wait for that match. It's a revenge match for the match during Euro 2000, which Netherlands shockingly lost.

Also it's Argentina vs England. Also a nice revenge match, I guess.

Oh yeah, I forgot about that. But I can't see that match. I hope Hiddink guides them to the World Cup. They have been waiting for a long time for the World Cup. I think they had to wait even longer then the English had to wait for the Ashes come to England.

I don't know how big football actually is in Australia.

The best performance of Australia is 1974 when they ended as fourth in the first round.

Don't what happened in 1978, 1982 and 1990. Maybe they were mixed in the Asian division then.

Since then they had to play four playoffs:

1986 Play-offs Aus-Schotland 0-2 and 0-0
1994 Play-offs Aus-Argentini? 1-1 and 0-1
1998 Play-offs Aus-Iran 1-1 and 2-2
2002 Play-offs Aus-Uruguay 1-0 and 0-3

On the Real Madrid subject, I think great players don't always make great teams. I think in some ways England are the same. We have some fantastic players in that midfield, doesn't mean they'll necessarily play well together. The performance against Poland was the best team performance for a long time in my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread