Football Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
scotland will have hard time in euro 2008 as France is in their Group :S , again i will support France to win Euro 2008.

I really expect Abramovich to leave in the next 5 years. Once he realises he won't be making big money out of them.

United in their prime about ?50 Million a year profit, Chelsea are spending about that each Summer window.

Well before you start making prediction's about RA's departure. Well it was understood with the amount of money invested, Chelsea would show "losses" for the first few years, which they have. Atleast the money has been invested for the good of the club, and we are now the best team in England and possibly one of the top three in Europe (alongside Juve and Barca). Abramovich despite being a business man makes it a point to visit every Chelsea game, and his emotions, and reactions during the game clearly shows that his relationship with Chelsea Football Club is more than just a financial investment.

As you know a lot of those losses are due to the fact that Chelsea have cancelled their sponsorship deal with Umbro, and have lost money in the transfers of Adrian Mutu and Juan Sebastian Veron. Mutu is to make a compensation payment to Chelsea, but is subject to a second hearing I believe.

Anyways, right now, we've got bigger things to look at!

themuel1 said:
Worth a watch lads :rolleyes: The webcams look good though........thanks Ste, You almost never disappoint I hear ( :D )

New Poll: Who's the most overrated footballer in the world and whos the most overrated manager?

Manager - Mourinho (definately)
Player - Steven Gerrard

JamesyJames3 said:
Manager - Mourinho (definately)
Player - Steven Gerrard
I'll give you jose, I only said fergie to wind muel up, but Gerrard come on, he drives Liverpool far higher than they'd ever get to without him. Chelsea would still we winning without Lampard, Man Utd would do well without Rooney but a Liverpool without Gerrard, that would be the stuff of nightmares!!!!!

m_vaughan said:
Well before you start making prediction's about RA's departure. Well it was understood with the amount of money invested, Chelsea would show "losses" for the first few years, which they have. Atleast the money has been invested for the good of the club, and we are now the best team in England and possibly one of the top three in Europe (alongside Juve and Barca). Abramovich despite being a business man makes it a point to visit every Chelsea game, and his emotions, and reactions during the game clearly shows that his relationship with Chelsea Football Club is more than just a financial investment.

As you know a lot of those losses are due to the fact that Chelsea have cancelled their sponsorship deal with Umbro, and have lost money in the transfers of Adrian Mutu and Juan Sebastian Veron. Mutu is to make a compensation payment to Chelsea, but is subject to a second hearing I believe.

I have to agree with Kev (sorry James :cool: ) Gerrard is not underrated when it comes to his importance to Liverpool, however, he is when playing for England.

The difference between Chelsea being 1st and 4th in the league are John Terry and Frank Lampard, both of which were there before Abramavich's money. I'm sorry but your no-where near the best team in Europe with at least 4 other clubs clearly ahead of you. I think Chelsea will continue to lose this much money every season until they can find quality for ALL positions of the pitch (strikers most notibly).

kevmead said:
I'll give you jose, I only said fergie to wind muel up, but Gerrard come on, he drives Liverpool far higher than they'd ever get to without him. Chelsea would still we winning without Lampard, Man Utd would do well without Rooney but a Liverpool without Gerrard, that would be the stuff of nightmares!!!!!

Dont get me wrong. He's a good player. I just dont believe he is as good as he is made up to be. I am basing this on when ive seen him on TV. Which is quite a lot over the years. He can do amazing things, but he's human, he makes basic mistakes. But, as I say, I still think he is a quality player.

So Chelsea posted a huge loss, they did that last year too. They are unique at the moment in that it doesnt matter if they loose money as long as RA keeps his interest. Chelsea is his play-thing, but like all toys eventually they get forgotten about.

kevmead said:
So Chelsea posted a huge loss, they did that last year too. They are unique at the moment in that it doesnt matter if they loose money as long as RA keeps his interest. Chelsea is his play-thing, but like all toys eventually they get forgotten about.

Or the toys get sued by the Russian Goverment...... :p

230 Mil(or was it 250?).Thats some kind of record,and it realy sucks that Chelsea has that much money.Think about the children!!!!!!Ahhh,.......i mean the little clubs.

How come you think about the small clubs when you are NOT top of the Premiership table?

And Chelsea are easily amongst the top three clubs in Europe. Juve and Barca are the only two clubs that look strong enough to beat us. Liverpool, on their day, yes, but if we had ten games between the two sides, Chelsea would win more games.

m_vaughan said:

It will take Decades before Roman makes money off of his investments. He won't like it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread