Football Transfers Thread

And your opinion carries that much water? If you support a racist, you're part of the problem so you can sod off too.

Also, we don't want Martins. Ade's finishing is bad enough

He was never a racist. Racism is bad but is usually over-rated. His case was one such example. Anyways I dont want to argue about this, but he was not a racist.

That was the only time the RFEF came in full support of the wise man.

You shouldn't have any respect for someone who says what he said. He might be able to get away with it in Spain but if he was English he would be publicly vilified and would struggle to find a job again.

Anyway it is looking like Kaka could be on his way to Chelsea, apparently they've made an astronomical bid which would wipe out Milans debt from not getting into the CL. Hmm, a question. Why? If they are paying silly money it should be for Messi who is better although not as complete a player yet and they really don't need another player like him. Although kakas more atacking and they will probably sell Lampard that would give them a midfield of Kaka, Ballack, Essien, Mikel, Makelele, Deco. Then there's the wide men, seriously Chelsea? They don't need him.

Oh and Huntelaar has said United are interested and he likes us. Sounds good, I would like to buy Eto'o personally but he's still good.

I dont mind what he said because he dint mean it the way people think. Hence my statement about racism being over-rated.

Its similar to the monkey-chats directed at Florent Sinama Pongolle by the Atletico fans last season which were termed as racist when actually they were because he had clearly dived in an earlier incident during the game and the fans were upset about that. But no, its racism.

Agree about the Kaka part. Is a great player, but Chelsea have too many players in midfield, and the trouble is all of them are good. Wide players arent that good after Robben left (only Joe Cole is world class, SWP is inconsistent, Malouda has been poor) so Messi would be a far better option. But Barca will NEVER sell him. Those annoying Catalans!

Last edited:
I dont mind what he said because he dint mean it the way people think. Hence my statement about racism being over-rated.

Its similar to the monkey-chats directed at Florent Sinama Pongolle by the Atletico fans last season which were termed as racist when actually they were because he had clearly dived in an earlier incident during the game and the fans were upset about that. But no, its racism.

Are you serious? The monkey chants weren't racist because the fans were annoyed? The chants were racist because they were annoyed just as the monkey chants directed at Black English players during the Spain-England friendly were racist and the people who wore blackface and called themselves lewis Hamilton's family are racist just as the racist chants directed at Samuel Eto'o against Villareal were. The pattern I see emerging is that this all happened in Spain. But no, the Spanish aren't racist.

Last edited:
Well I do agree that the Basque community in Spain is racist. And usually the trouble is caused by them. But the problem is ignorant fools like you assume everyone is racist. Like I mentioned the monkey chants direct at Sinama Pongolle were not racist, as they started only in the final 20 minutes of the game and after the very clear dive that everyone saw. But since Sinama was black and the chants sounded like monkey ones, they said the Atletico fans are racist. Now maybe some of them are, but I dint like the reasoning and conclusion of this particular incident.

I am sure if Di Natale was black, you'd said the Spanish fans were racist for directing monkey chants at him during the Euro quarterfinal.

Racism exists in Spain, no doubt about that. But not everything is racist. When Aragones used the term "black $#!t" for Henry he basically was taunting him and meant it more like "that fool". But because he used the word, he became a racist. Hence racism is over-rated.

Oh, and your Arsenal are now a selling club for the next 17 years. Congratulations and lets hope Fabregas can now move to Madrid.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_3784192,00.html

Fabregas will most likely never go to Madrid, if he does go which is likely at some point in the future it will be to Barca. He still is a big fan of them and has a season ticket so i think there's only 1 club for him apart from Arsenal.

The man said 'Black ****'. What would he have to do to convince he's a racist? Don't be so naive especially when I've given you all these examples. Maybe if you got your head out of 'The Wise Man's bigoted arse, you'd realise he is a racist.

And why would Fabregas move to Madrid? He has a conscience. He wants to play in a real league.

Will_NA added 8 Minutes and 4 Seconds later...

Plus, we want to pay off our debts the honest way rather than get money from our government to unsettle and overspend on players

Monkeys being notorious divers :rolleyes:

Give me a break!

Fabregas will most likely never go to Madrid, if he does go which is likely at some point in the future it will be to Barca. He still is a big fan of them and has a season ticket so i think there's only 1 club for him apart from Arsenal.

Do you want me to list the number of Barca fans who have gone on to play for Madrid?

Fabregas is a fan of the club but he is not very pleased with the current management and administration of the club and said he was treated poorly in the academy.

Fabregas may or may not move to Madrid. But he wont stay at Arsenal for long.

You shouldn't have any respect for someone who says what he said. He might be able to get away with it in Spain but if he was English he would be publicly vilified and would struggle to find a job again.

Anyway it is looking like Kaka could be on his way to Chelsea, apparently they've made an astronomical bid which would wipe out Milans debt from not getting into the CL. Hmm, a question. Why? If they are paying silly money it should be for Messi who is better although not as complete a player yet and they really don't need another player like him. Although kakas more atacking and they will probably sell Lampard that would give them a midfield of Kaka, Ballack, Essien, Mikel, Makelele, Deco. Then there's the wide men, seriously Chelsea? They don't need him.

Oh and Huntelaar has said United are interested and he likes us. Sounds good, I would like to buy Eto'o personally but he's still good.

God, Chelsea. Every single season now, it's the same. They just throw money around like it's going out of fashion. They are absolutely determined to buy the CL off us, aren't they? Note I didn't say 'win' the CL, did I? It's clubs like Chelsea that will completely ruin English football. If they buy Kaka, Deco and God knows who else, what chance do any young English players coming through have? None whatsoever, that's how much. The day that bloody stupid Russian arrived at Chelsea was a dark, dark day for the future of English football. The FA have got to do something and impose some sort of foreigner cap and if they don't have the power to do it, then Fifa must do it, because I want to see England win something in my lifetime and I'm sure I'm not the only one here that feels that way. But if the English players have nowhere to play, that looks very unlikely.

At least Utd still buy British, even if we do have to pay over the odds:
Hargreaves, Carrick, Rooney and Ferdinand have all been bought by Sir Alex.
Plus, he'll always give young English players a chance, if they prove they're good enough. Can you really say that about Chelski?

I will be laughing long and loud if, after splashing millions around yet again, they end up potless at the end of next season.

As for the racism issue, I agree, he should've been given the boot. That's the only way we'll ever kick racism out of football.

Joe Cole, Terry, Ashley Cole, Lampard, SWP and Wayne Bridge. I know Bridge hasnt played that much and Lampard will most probably be leaving. I agree its never a good thing when you dont have enough home grown players, but atleast its not as bad as Arsenal.

Unfortunately thats modern day football, and its all these foreigners that have enhanced the reputation of the Premier League.

At least we have British owners. Do you?

But then again, developing English talent is what is important and ruining the careers of players like SWP help towards that goal.

Users who are viewing this thread