Football Transfers Thread

Will_NA

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Adebayor left a team in the top four for a team who aimed to break into it. That makes sense.

Kev

Chairman of Selectors
New season, every team starts on zero.
Apart from the bust ones :p

Bit of Transfer news (sort of) from The News of the World

Carlos Tevez has bought former Manchester United team-mate Cristiano Ronaldo's old home for ?4m. The Argentine striker, who has just joined Manchester City, will be neighbours with another former team-mate at Old Trafford, Rio Ferdinand.

m_vaughan

Chairman of Selectors
Robinho was not happy with us, Tevez the same with Manure. Santa Cruz would expect to have a better shot at City than he would with Blackburn. So apart from Adebayor and Barry I do not think that money is the ONLY reason for them, although it might be a major reason, which is nothing wrong.

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
Come off it. If City had not have found themselves swimming in money, not only would they not be able to afford Tevez/Robinho/Adebayor, but the aforementioned players wouldn't have touched them with a barge-pole!

PhilD123

International Coach
Ah right, Tevez turned down Chelsea to come to City cos of the City project did he? Not for the money?:D You are right on Santa Cruz, but the rest are all money-grabbers.

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
Ah right, Tevez turned down Chelsea to come to City cos of the City project did he? Not for the money?:D You are right on Santa Cruz, but the rest are all money-grabbers.

Come to think of it, you're right because it's not as if Chelsea wouldn't have given him a hefty wage packet is it now? Sorry, I used to really like the guy, but by moving to City, he's just annoyed me, especially when there was actually an offer on the table. I mean, all that crap about respecting us enough not to move to Liverpool and then he moves to City. Nothing to do with the fact that Liverpool wouldn't have given you as much money as City eh, Carlos?

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
Owen: two goals from two games. Just saw his performance against the Malaysian team and he looks razor sharp. I know, only pre-season against poor opposition, but sharp is sharp, no matter who the opposition are. Also, he said he feels as good as he did eight years ago. That's a great sign: if a player feels good, he'll usually play well.

m_vaughan

Chairman of Selectors
Come to think of it, you're right because it's not as if Chelsea wouldn't have given him a hefty wage packet is it now? Sorry, I used to really like the guy, but by moving to City, he's just annoyed me, especially when there was actually an offer on the table. I mean, all that crap about respecting us enough not to move to Liverpool and then he moves to City. Nothing to do with the fact that Liverpool wouldn't have given you as much money as City eh, Carlos?

Dont think Chelsea are able to compete in the rich league any more. I never said money was not a factor, but probably he does believe that something can happen at City, and that he would be a part of it, virtually from scratch. He got to stay

Adebayor has even gone and said something like 'moving just for money is wrong'.

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
Dont think Chelsea are able to compete in the rich league any more. I never said money was not a factor, but probably he does believe that something can happen at City, and that he would be a part of it, virtually from scratch. He got to stay

Adebayor has even gone and said something like 'moving just for money is wrong'.

What else did he move for then? Trophies? Well, he'll be out of luck then...

Users who are viewing this thread