Forget the trailer. DBC 17 is in my hands.

From the early signs I think your going to like the difference in batsmen ability and skill

Precious little to go on at the moment, but Warner and Burns looked different. I'm afraid 5-5 matches don't really cut it so the proof of the pudding will be in the eating.

Thanks for this the game looks great! Unfortunately my Wife is making me wait till Christmas for it!

Anyway BigAnt - now that DBC17 has been released, how about a RLL4? ;)

Thanks for this the game looks great! Unfortunately my Wife is making me wait till Christmas for it!

Anyway BigAnt - now that DBC17 has been released, how about a RLL4? ;)
Time for a new wife

Mine is very understanding about letting me play games to unwind in the evenings thankfully, haha! She hasn't quite got to grips with cricket itself yet, but she knew enough to understand the Mumbai Test scorecard didn't look too great, haha!

Please stop playing the game and talk to us..... jeez

Well, this is the PC forum after all...

We might not see the console gamers for months once they start their career modes, haha!

Can you post screenshots/video on night games. All the ones I've seen so far are day games.

Can anyone confirm that the AI is more prone to edges now? LBW is less restrictive and tailenders bat like tailenders and not openers. Those are the biggest 3 issue I had with DBC14. I really loved DBC 14 don't get me wrong played it for almost 250 hours.

Mine is very understanding about letting me play games to unwind in the evenings thankfully, haha! She hasn't quite got to grips with cricket itself yet, but she knew enough to understand the Mumbai Test scorecard didn't look too great, haha!

Well, this is the PC forum after all...

We might not see the console gamers for months once they start their career modes, haha!

I have around 1,500 hours in DBC14, which is why my partner knows I am not going back to the Netherlands until well after this coming weekend :D

Can anyone confirm that the AI is more prone to edges now? LBW is less restrictive and tailenders bat like tailenders and not openers. Those are the biggest 3 issue I had with DBC14. I really loved DBC 14 don't get me wrong played it for almost 250 hours.

I've seen some edges, even thick edges in T20s coming from streamers. I think it was bowling at the AI. I just really hope they don't get a good balance and then patch it out like they did in DBC14. If it isn't broke, don't fix it!

I'd also like to add is the AI aggressive chasing down a target? I saw a few situations in 14 where they'd need 10-12 runs from the final over but would play defensively.

Also do the conditions and pitch/ball wear have a bigger effect than in 14?

Hopefully I'll have hold of the PS4 version sometime this week so can find out for myself.

Don Bradman Cricket'17 First Impression

I finally got the game today (13-12-16). Before going into anything negative or positive, let me first congratulate Ross & Big Ant team for the games release. Your hard work is appreciated no matter what negative or positive things we may have to say.

The animations are certainly smoother. The crowd is more active/reactive & alive, which is nice.

The game is certainly a visual improvement over DBC'14, but it still does not come close to International Cricket 2010 in terms of graphics and camera work, & to think that game is 6 or 7 years older (strictly speaking in terms of graphics and camera work). The broadcast camera (B-Cam) showcased in the Academy unfortunately has not found its way into the final release. Instead we find the same old B-Cam from DBC'14. I hope that the Academy's B-Cam somehow would finds its way into the game through future updates. An improvement in the cams does take place in the 2 Player mode & single player bowling mode with the Field Views. The over the top angle when you hit boundaries & sixes has been fixed to instead provide view directly from the boundary (only in the Field Views when playing in 2P or Bowling in Pvs.AI) . Camera options available in a Players vs. AI are also limited. So far I am unable to get into Field Cam views while batting, and instead have to do with Running Cam views.

Though I have not yet fully played out the batting and bowling, the new controls seem frustrating.

So far I have seen only a single mistake being made in the game. The AI bowler bowled me good ball but the umpire decided it was a bouncer & warned the bowler.

I cannot give a conclusive impression here, nor can I say that the game is worth buying or not, not yet at least. I'll be in a better position to do so once I have played few more hours.

Last edited:
Don Bradman Cricket'17 First Impression

I finally got the game today (13-12-16). Before going into anything negative or positive, let me first congratulate Ross & Big Ant team for the games release. Your hard work is appreciated no matter what negative or positive things we may have to say.

The animations are certainly smoother. The crowd is more active/reactive & alive, which is nice.

The game is certainly a visual improvement over DBC'14, but it still does not come close to International Cricket 2010 in terms of graphics and camera work, & to think that game is 6 or 7 years older (strictly speaking in terms of graphics and camera work). The broadcast camera (B-Cam) showcased in the Academy unfortunately has not found its way into the final release. Instead we find the same old B-Cam from DBC'14. I hope that the Academy's B-Cam somehow would finds its way into the game through future updates. An improvement in the cams does take place in the 2 Player mode & single player bowling mode with the Field Views. The over the top angle when you hit boundaries & sixes has been fix to instead provide view directly from the boundary. Camera options available in a Players vs. AI are also limited. So far I am unable to get into Field Cam views while batting, and instead have to do with Running Cam views.

Though I have not yet fully played out the batting and bowling, the new controls seem frustrating.

So far I have seen only a single mistake being made in the game. The AI bowler bowled me good ball but the umpire decided it was a bouncer & warned the bowler.

I cannot give a conclusive impression here, nor can I say that the game is worth buying or not, not yet at least. I'll be in a better position to do so once I have played few more hours.

I agree with a lot you are saying, just played 1 T20 match so far, its like learning to bat from scratch!

Cant seem to play a shot through covers yet and need to play with cameras, not liking the feel so far... but I shall get used to it, will practice a lot until the rosters etc GET BEST option is available....

I agree with a lot you are saying, just played 1 T20 match so far, its like learning to bat from scratch!

Cant seem to play a shot through covers yet and need to play with cameras, not liking the feel so far... but I shall get used to it, will practice a lot until the rosters etc GET BEST option is available....

I can't seem to play shots anywhere :P

Every time I try to cutaway the batsman acts as Younis Khan, i.e. bows down & then tries to play the shot, & hits the ball not to the off side but to gully.

Another bad I found was pressing R3 for advance shot. You have to do that before the bowler balls and batsman will take a particular batting posture. In 2 players that's a dead give away that you intend to hit the ball over the top.

I think we were better off with DBC'14 controls when it comes to batting.

I can't seem to play shots anywhere :P

Every time I try to cutaway the batsman acts as Younis Khan, i.e. bows down & then tries to play the shot, & hits the ball not to the off side but to gully.

Another bad I found was pressing R3 for advance shot. You have to do that before the bowler balls and batsman will take a particular batting posture. In 2 players that's a dead give away that you intend to hit the ball over the top.

I think we were better off with DBC'14 controls when it comes to batting.

Gully is on the offside and if you were late on a cut it would go behind point/gully region??

Users who are viewing this thread