Friends Provident Trophy 2008

I really do fancy Kent to beat Somerset, and then Durham.

I think it will be a Kent v Essex final.

i've see the draw for semi finals. yorkshire drawn essex away at chelmsford....lets hope bopara doesn't have the same sort of day as yesterday! essex have a really strong squad but i really fancy yorkshire chances winning this :p

Good win for Kent over Somerset today.

Neil Dexter played his first one day game of the season, replacing Jarra, and managed to get a hundred after a nervy start. Kent eventually put on 259. Knowing the Beckenham wicket is usually pretty good to bat on, I wondered if that would be enough.

Yasir Arafat bowled brilliantly in his first spell, 5 overs for something like 9 runs and with the wicket of Trescothick. Despite that Somerset seemed to be cruising toward victory with Keiswetter doing really well, but you never can rule out Kent in a one day match these days and they turned it around to win by 37 runs.

Off to Durham for the semi's now. Don't think I'll be able to make the trip as its on a Friday so would mean taking 2 days off work and I've already booked all my holiday :(

Better win then so I can go to Lord's for the final ;)

When I was up at Chelmsford earlier in the competition (to see Kent demolish Essex :D)
After the match as I was leaving an Essex supporter who I'd been chatting to, said in a jokey fashion "See You at the final!"
It's looking possible now, although Durham are a tough nut for us to crack. Gotta fancy Essex at home in the other game though.

No, he stayed in Canterbury to be with his wife who gave birth today.

Last edited:
Good win for Kent over Somerset today.

Neil Dexter played his first one day game of the season, replacing Jarra, and managed to get a hundred after a nervy start. Kent eventually put on 259. Knowing the Beckenham wicket is usually pretty good to bat on, I wondered if that would be enough.

Yasir Arafat bowled brilliantly in his first spell, 5 overs for something like 9 runs and with the wicket of Trescothick. Despite that Somerset seemed to be cruising toward victory with Keiswetter doing really well, but you never can rule out Kent in a one day match these days and they turned it around to win by 37 runs.

Off to Durham for the semi's now. Don't think I'll be able to make the trip as its on a Friday so would mean taking 2 days off work and I've already booked all my holiday :(

Better win then so I can go to Lord's for the final ;)

Throw a sicky.. ;)

harmison just smacked Denly on the head so hard it knocked him backwards off his feet hahaha, was a great ball, just what you want to see him doing, he also picked up the first wicket in that over as well, great over from him, but kent still on top so far

harmison just smacked Denly on the head so hard it knocked him backwards off his feet hahaha, was a great ball, just what you want to see him doing, he also picked up the first wicket in that over as well, great over from him, but kent still on top so far

It really was a great ball! :cool:

Expensive as normal though.

Kent doing well, Denly looking good.

Users who are viewing this thread