FTP: From the Pavilion general chat

tweaking hell, I had it all written up and then accidently clicked the Google search button.

Anyway, in short. Just managed my first youth win, after a shaky start with the bat. We bowled first and had them at 8/139 after 36.5 overs but their #9 and #10 batsman hit 25* off 13 and 20* off 8 respectively as they finished with 179. Reshma, Healy and Bol were our wicket takers, all taking at least 2 wickets each.

Mol's poor form continued with the bat as he only made 10 before Moxly and Khan made starts but couldn't go on past 30 but Omara and Mijnke were excellent with the bat guiding us home, Omara making his highest score of 73 coming off 71 balls while Mijnke made 44* at exactly a run a ball. The skipper finished with 2* as we won comfortably, with 6 wickets in hand and 19.4 overs to spare.

Bowling:

Yousif 0/40 (8)
Healy 2/19 (8)
Reshma 3/41 (8)
Bol 2/29 (8)
Moxly 0/47 (8)

Batting:

Mol 10 (9)
Moxly 24 (33)
Khan 22 (23)
Omara 73 (71)
Mijnke 44* (44)
Young 2* (4)

Youth Match:

Malaga_F1 291/5 ( Nagedwaran 84, Mahabala 71, Prasanta 3-71) lost to Indian Warriors 292/5 (Marsh 112, Hansberry 80, Hitendra 44) by 6 wickets

With not much difference in the ratings, my team has completely dominated his, that is great job.
Marsh made a century on his debut for my club, terrific performance, Hansberry provided a good support to him as usual.
And Hitendra slogged it in the end to give us the victory.

Game against another bot for my OD match. It's already over. Won by 9 wickets. Yay....

Well a conservative start to my OD match on an uneven pitch, 78/0 after 18 overs with Pettinger batting really slowly on 23* off 44. Murch however is batting a bit quicker and is currently making his highest OD score with 40* off 67.

Murch's career stats:

3 OD matches, 3 inns, 46 runs, HS 37, Avg 15.33, SR 49.46, 2 4's
4 T20 matches, 4 inns, 110 runs, HS 34, Avg 36.67, SR 106.8, 8 4's, 1 6, 1 catch
15 Youth matches, 14 inns, 706 runs, HS 119, Avg 58.83, SR 110.14, 1 100, 7 50's, 53 4's, 9 6's, 4 catches

Had a great year in youth last season as some will know, especially at the start of the season when he consistently made 50's but was unable to score triple figures.

Oh no, both openers gone right before drinks. And Murch will be very disappointed to get out on 49.

23.6 W Silvera to Murch : Slower ball outside the off stump, Murch doesn't get the required elevation to clear the man inside the circle and holes out to Ragoo at mid-off. It's a combination of smart bowling and poor batting.
J. Murch c A. Ragoo b. A. Silvera 49 (87b 4x4 0x6) SR:56.32

24.3 W Richmond to Pettinger : A loose delivery from Richmond pitched wide outside the off stump. Pettinger leans back and cuts hard, ending up with a feather touch and Bachew holds on well to a fairly hard chance.
J. Pettinger c B. Bachew b. T. Richmond 43 (64b 2x4 0x6) SR:67.19

End of over 25 (2 runs) - Hedger's Team(110-2) RR 4.40
A. O'Leary 1 (1b) , D. Mohammad 1 (2b) , T. Richmond 3-0-11-1

At least we have our best batsman at the crease. It would have been perfect if they had been playing spinners but they are playing 5 paceman so coming in later for O'Leary didn't make a difference.

This is normally what I would have wanted though. Murch and Pettinger bat out the new ball and then lose one wicket about halfway through the innings so O'Leary can face the spinners but since both openers are so unreliable atm, I'm having to bring Mohammad in at #3 which hurts us when both openers last a while. At least both openers got out at the same time so O'Leary will be at the crease. The only problem is that Mohammad may not be able to rotate the strike well.

----------

Not the easiest start at the crease for O'Leary but he hasn't let it get to him.

26.1 . Richmond to O'Leary : [Yorker] Very well kept out by O'Leary.

26.3 . Richmond to O'Leary : That ball pitched a perfect length, trapping the batsman. It was a pity it pitched outside of leg or else O'Leary would be making a long walk back to the sheds.

27.4 . Silvera to O'Leary : [Bouncer] Oh my, that's fast bowling at its very best. Silvera has sent down a vicious, snarling delivery that rips up throat high to O'Leary. It's rapped him hard on gloves and he lets out a yelp.

27.5 3 Silvera to O'Leary : [misfield] A bit wide outside off, O'Leary opens the face to steer it to third man where a misfield from Fangman allows the batsmen an extra run.

28.1 4 Richmond to O'Leary : O'Leary's gotten down on one knee and slapped that over mid-wicket for a boundary. It won't impress the purists, or Richmond, but it's four runs all the same.

29.3 3 Silvera to O'Leary : Thick outside edge through gully.

15* off 18 atm.

Well O'Leary gone for a run a ball 27 but at least Omara has finally scored an OD run, his first run in 3 innings after 2 ducks and is currently 7*. Looks like 3 players in this game have made new high scores, with Mohammad's previous top score 7 but is currently 37*.

----------

Well they've started to up the RR and we could be scoring 250. Last 5 overs has brought 46 runs.

A couple of the really big overs.

40.6 1 Fangman to Mohammad : Fangman pitches that one a bit shorter and Mohammad leans back, slapping it out to deep square leg for an easy single. Ragoo fires in the return, what an arm he's got.
40.5 1 Fangman to Omara : Omara advances down the wicket and drives down the ground for 1.
40.4 4 Fangman to Omara : Overpitched on off stump, and Omara makes Fangman pay with a gorgeous off drive for four.
40.3 4 Fangman to Omara : Four runs. That went straight off the meat of the bat. An excellent cover drive by Omara.

40.2 1 Fangman to Mohammad : Nicely flighted outside off, Mohammad makes room and drives to the cover sweeper for a single.
40.1 3 Fangman to Omara : Omara gets onto that one quickly and whips it through midwicket.

42.6 1 Fangman to Omara : Paddled onto the legside.
42.5 4 Fangman to Omara : Nice shot! Fantastic cover drive off the back foot by Omara that is sure to increase his confidence! Flanagan had absolutely no chance at trying to save that one.
42.4 4 Fangman to Omara : [misfield] Decent shot by Omara, but made to look fantastic by some poor fielding on the boundary by Colqhoun who has given away a four! Fangman looks annoyed and so he should. 2 runs given away there.

42.3 1 Fangman to Mohammad : Mohammad gets in position early for the slog sweep, but cannot get hold of it properly. Fitzpatrick rushes around to tidy up.
That is the 50 partnership (51 runs, 43b, 5x4, 1x6) SR:118.60
That is 50 runs for Mohammad (53 runs, 60b 6x4 1x6) SR:88.33

42.2 4 Fangman to Mohammad : And that's a lovely shot from Mohammad driven straight back past Fangman for four, all along the ground!
42.1 1 Fangman to Omara : Edged just wide of Jordan at slip! Third man comes around as the batsmen amble through for a single.

And the score now.

End of over 43 (15 runs) - Hedger's Team(224-3) RR 5.21
D. Mohammad 54 (61b) , V. Omara 31 (25b) , A. Fangman 2-0-29-0

Kasee Baldry took career best figures of 6/32 and his first fiver to guide Hedger's Team to a 76 run win.

Batting Scorecard

Murch 49 (87)
Pettinger 43 (64)
Mohammad 56 (64)
O'Leary 27 (27)
Omara 37 (32)
Oldroyd 20 (10)
Yousif 18* (17)
Whiteman 9* (5)

Total: 280/6

Bowling:

Watkin 0/30 (10)
Phillips 2/31 (7.1)
Baldry 6/32 (8)
Whiteman 1/46 (10)
Yousif 0/57 (10)

Match against a bot team. Played some substitute players, obviously won it easily.

Just logged into my battrick account after a long time. My team increased by 3000. Wow. How good is
20k rating for a 19 year old player as per battrick standards? His batting is superb

idk, go ask in the Battrick forum :p

Nah, superb is pretty good. I don't have any 19 year olds at the moment, only 2 17 yo's and a couple of 22 year old's which are on a net each (one Exceptional/Wonderful and one Remarkable/Wonderful). One of my 17 yo's is an all-rounder though which meant I had to sell my 18 yo trainee to train him efficiently.

I just log in to make sure it doesn't get closed. Its boring.... Ftp is good.

Just sent a challenge to iridium for a friendly this sunday. Should be a high scoring match as pitch is flat

OD Match:

Indian Warriors 279 ( Bos 74, French 75, Clarkson 42, Swarnakr 2-31) beat Pompei Cricket Club 109 ( Sangster 3-18, French 2-12, Clarkson 3-15) by 170 runs.

Match ratings: Pompei Cricket Club - 90,341 | Indian Warriors - 129,941

A great match on uneven pitch, batting was ecstatic with middle order providing the stability and taking the innings forward and then Clarkson slogging with Sangster in final overs.

And then bowling doing the trick with my medium bowlers doing the work.

So I'm the only one left in the cup? :D Gonna get wasted tomorrow though.

Won my T20, youth and OD matches pretty comfortably. Didn't set a OD lineup though so my players are fatigued for the cup match which isn't what I wanted though. (default lineup includes my top players)

Lost my friendly with AP by a 7 wickets. Thought I'd try a few of my bowlers on aggressive on a flat pitch :D.

Won
my match against iridium comfortably.
Chased down 321 in 36 overs. All big guns fired in this game.

Users who are viewing this thread