FTP: From the Pavilion general chat

Scored 227/5 in my innings. Hopefully my bowlers don't cock it up.

----------

That Reffraff guy that was talking about me in the forums just scored 281/3, but mind you it's against a new guy who hasn't bought any players.

T20 match:

Indian Warriors 223/3 ( Quartermass 99*, Buijs 89, Kumur 2-38 ) beat Mad Men 145 ( Vonguru 34, Charles 4-27, Clarkson 3-22 ) by 78 runs.
Match Ratings - Indian Warrios - 112,885, Mad Men - 54,529

Easy win there, unfortunate for Quartermass to remain not out on 99, he messed up the penultimate delivery.

19.5 1 Vonguru to Quatermass : Full on the stumps, Quatermass has already made room for himself so has to work it inside out through the covers for a single.

Buijs dominated the attack just as bernand did with his 42 ball 89, he played extremely well which was backed up by some awesome bowling.
Charles and Quartermass did the manage and it was all over for the other team.
Despite the big win, I moved down to 2nd in league.:(

Won my youth match by 9 wickets, Trethewey the star with 5-25. This win give me the outright lead in my league, and leaving me as the only unbeaten team thus far.

Filled my new 7500 stadium. Will probably expand it after this season by another 2500 seats.

They're 116/3 after 33.3 overs. Green pitch though

Shoddy batting performance from my team. After 47 overs we're 294/7. Most batsmen got starts but couldn't carry it on. My highest score in the innings has been 50 from my No. 7 Maxwell Phelan, and even he got out right after reaching the half century.

Both my new players have done terribly today. Donaghy went for 56 runs off his overs, and de Burgh got 3.

Pretty even at this stage. Birkenhead are currently 122/3 after 20 overs. RR is a tad higher than I'd like so really got to bring that way down. One of my best bowlers, Garrick, is getting smacked with figures of 5-0-43-0.

My spinner, Phelan is in now. He's quite adept at restricting runs.

Both my new players have done terribly today. Donaghy went for 56 runs off his overs, and de Burgh got 3.

First game blues for your new players. Happens to me every single time. They'll come right.

Well batting first and a reasonable start, 11 runs off the first 2 overs. Hopefully these 2 can make a big score.

End of over 2 (5 runs) - Hedger's Team(11-0) RR 5.50
J. Pettinger 6 (8b) , J. Murch 4 (4b) , M. Wishart 1-0-5-0

Lineup:

1. Joseph Murch
2. James Pettinger
3. Daniyal Mohammad
4. Aidan O'Leary
5. Michael Young
6. Murray Oldroyd*+
7. Andrew Moxly
8. Andrew Whiteman
9. Norval Watkin
10. Graham Phillips
11. Kasee Baldry

Mol not playing to regain some fitness. It worked last time as he made his highest youth score earlier this week after resting last weeks OD match and this week's T20 match.

----------

You know what, I feel like going through players debuts from most recent first (Only transferred players in)

Ciaran Fitzgerald (16) - Debut in T20, took 2/47 from 4 overs opening the bowling and scored 10 runs off 11 down at #8

Victor Omara (16) - Debut in OD, made a golden duck batting at #3

Andrew Moxly (19) - Debut in Youth, scored 74 off 51 batting at #6 and took 1/57 off 7.5 overs.

Pim Mjinke (19) - Debut in Youth, scored 15 off 19 batting at #5

Aladdin Yousif (17) - Debut in Youth, scored 33 off 41 batting at #7 and took 0/67 off 8 overs

Yusuf Salah (18) - Debut in Youth, scored 23 off 37 opening the batting.

And I'm bored of doing this so I'm stopping there :p

----------

Good start apart from the early wicket.

End of over 12 (4 runs) - Hedger's Team(48-1) RR 4.00
D. Mohammad 8 (19b) , J. Pettinger 31 (38b) , L. Peters 1-0-4-0

Birkenhead entering his final 10 overs at 220/3 chasing 316. Two set batsmen at the crease and bowlers far from taking a wicket. RRR at 9.60. A few quick wickets would be useful right about now.

----------

Also have the dreadful feeling that I'll lose this match and I'll be the one with higher match rating.

Well done Pettinger running Mohammad out. Just at the right time. Now O'Leary can come on and face probably the spinners, as their only bowler who hasn't bowled yet after 20 overs is a spinner and their other spinner is currently bowling his 5th over. Hopefully both bowl for the next 10 overs so O'Leary can make himself a big score, hopefully a century.

This is close. van Zandt and Garrick just bowled 2 superb overs, conceding just 5 and 6 respectively. 23 from 2 overs needed.

----------

And van Zandt may have just cost us the game. 13 from the penultimate over :facepalm. 10 from the last over needed.

Your match is down to the wire Iridium but I'm afraid it looks like you may lose... 10 from 1 over

Yea and Garrick has just given away a 4. Game over I'm afraid.

----------

Birkenhead just cannot lose from here.

Users who are viewing this thread