FTP: From the Pavilion general chat

I need some tips regarding youths.

Should I look on to play the young, 16 year guys, in whom I see the potential of becoming future U19 National Players (there are quite a few, one 16 yr. old with reasonable bowling), or should I concentrate more on winning matches, for my older ones are even better?

Play a mixture. Give the good young ones all the experience they can get, while playing your good older ones to help win matches

----------

I play my good young ones in senior T20 matches too to give them experience

I play the same Youth team every game apart from swapping in another spinner if the pitch and conditions call for it. Like in today's T20 match, I had 3 youth players in the lineup. I even had my youth captain in charge today.

Powell (my best youth batsman) smashed 87 off 36 with 13 fours and 1 six.

The team I'm playing have one of my old players that I sold to them for a profit of 39k :D

I've basically won it. Even though I played a few youth players

Wasted him.

3 youth players played, and one second team player. Mangan didn't score much despite his amazing T20 record, Lindeman came in with 2 runs to win, edged twice in a row before scoring a century to get off strike. Stanford was keeping and didn't have to do much. I could have played a few more youth players and still won :p

I that was me I'd have still lost :(.

Some guy challenged me to a T20 friendly on Thursday so I accepted since it doesn't clash with the World Tour.

Got a match against a stronger opponent. Lets hope we can pull off a upset :p.

P.S:Been busy flashing my phone. It died yesterday. Gave me a scare. Then i learned how to do it properly and brought it back to life. Now i'm running C6 firmware on nokia x6 :p

Great opening partnership.... 69 for no loss after 7.3 overs...:thumbs

----------

Bang bang:p... Make that 83 after 8 overs... Kris Going Crazy:eek:

----------

I guess my new strategy is working great. Opening with a pair of Opener Talent and Sturdy/Accumulator talent.
Kris is The aggresser and Other guy is playing normal and thus supporting him with singles.

Score is 99/0 after 9..... Oh man this is great:cheers

----------

Kris is 70 of 36 balls and Compton is 26 of 19 balls

----------

Fling.. compton out for 36. Score is 106/1 after 10. Anyway. this is blessing in disguise as this brings on my power hitter talented Best batsman Connor on the crease.:p

----------

Damn... Connor is stumped for 10... Kris is still going strong. 89 of 44.
NYY 134/2 after 13 overs..:cheers

----------

170/4 after 17 overs. Kriss is still there :p 110(56b)

----------

Awwee Kris got out last ball of the inning. A brilliant inning came to an end. 128(64b)

NYY 209/5.

Lost my match to the league topper. He was like 40K rating ahead of me.

Won my match by 11 runs. Yuppie. Opponent was 13K better than me

A nice win in Youth to put me in 5th. Another win next week and then hopefully I can turn around all the close results earlier in the season to take maybe 2nd position.

Scored 285/4, then bowled them out for 132. Moxly, Reshma and Mijnke were the stars. Good that all the batsman got time in the middle though.

Scorecard:

R. Mol 45 (57)
A. Moxly 62 (69)
M. Khan 70 (60)
V. Omara 23 (24)
P. Mijnke 56* (25)
M. Young* 14* (10)

Bowling:

A. Yousif 0/28 (8)
B. Healy 0/17 (8)
A. Reshma 5/22 (7)
M. Bol 1/38 (8)